Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Cast increase portion seems to be left out, though the official notes state otherwise and a tweet from Holinka pretty much states that a Cast increase is intended.

"Elemental GCD capped, makes haste a bit more attractive, higher payoff for longer cast"
    Yeah. Purge added the changes via override to simcraft and its looking like its ~3-5% increase in single target; depends if you have the Legendary Meta or not.

Well thats a nice change to see, I remember tweeting the suggestion to gc about 3 weeks ago - he didn't reply though :'(

This change is amazing, 0.6sec cast LvB felt absolutly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    It's a slight nerf to burst but a single target DPS increase while allowing for higher haste scaling.
    a nerf to burst how? 25% extra damage on lava burst, 25% increase in scaling, 80->100%, most elementals had 0.6sec lava bursts on the pull, now they might be 1.1? but lava burst will be hitting SO much harder than before, an extra 0.1 sec in cast time will be completely negated by the damage increase.

lust meta berserking, wushoolay hydra fire ele pot ascendance, should be nearing 600k on the pull i imagine, i can hit 430k atm with 0.5 sec lava bursts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be a burst nerf if you can get the cast time during CD's to near GCD cap like 1.1 or 1.2 seconds.

It'll be a buff if you line up trinkets/meta/ascendance/lust on the pull like you said. Plus a 3-5% DPS increase single target with the same 3-5% increase from LB change is going to make Ele look VERY nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    so it will hit for 120 k acording to the numbers ... wow greate Chaos bolt can often crit for 1 mil and 250 k crits was to much for them ....
    Uhh.. when have you ever seen chaos bolt hit for 1 mil outside of temple of kotmogu?

Deleted
    So will we have a Haste Cap with this supposed buff to LvB?? and what will it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Uhh.. when have you ever seen chaos bolt hit for 1 mil outside of temple of kotmogu?
    Horridon, Jin'rok, H-Ji'Kun, Tortos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon, Jin'rok, H-Ji'Kun, Tortos.
    bosses with an increased dmg taken effect ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    bosses with an increased dmg taken effect ...
    Yea. Chaos Bolt doesn't hit THAT hard. That guy was claiming CB hits 1m+ damage regularly, which just doesn't happen without boss modifiers.

I <3 these last minute shaman changes they push right before a patch

Quote Originally Posted by shortnugly View Post
    I <3 these last minute shaman changes they push right before a patch
    haha yeh its always last minute isnt it, do you think blizzard have a meeting for dps shaman everytime they release a new patch?

A: so guys patch almost ready you know what that means!
    B: oh yeah i nearly forgot we have to buff dps shamans again.
    C: think we can get away with just another shamanism buff?
    A: probably not this time.

<elemental since T8 and thats really how it's felt to me, about time some proper fixes we're made to our damn GCD capping.

Yea. Chaos Bolt doesn't hit THAT hard. That guy was claiming CB hits 1m+ damage regularly, which just doesn't happen without boss modifiers.
    That is not necesarily true at all a guildy of mine hit nalak for 980k with a choas bolt and they're no boss modifies for that boss what so ever

I'm just happy it's not a last minute shamanism buff.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    That is not necesarily true at all a guildy of mine hit nalak for 980k with a choas bolt and they're no boss modifies for that boss what so ever
    you get +15% damage from the exalted sunreavers/kirin tor buff

anyway, since Im primarily PvEr, I like this change on paper, still think will need more finetuning tho. However this has serious PvP implications and its kinda late on ptrs (again.) Im not sure if they can review pvp feedback and balance accordingly
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2013-05-15 at 07:33 AM.

well for pvp then they must add Flame shock first tick 100% proc lavasurge

I am not sure how this will work out in PvP. It is already damn hard to get a lb or an eb out when you get trained but the damage increase seems really nice. Does anyone know why lb still got a 2.5 sec base cast time while it does like no damage at all?

Deleted
    Because Resto Shamans also use Lightning Bolt in PvE to regen (almost neglible amounts of) mana. (my thought) They dont want it to be a "relevant" source of damage.

In addition for Ele Shaman the base casttime is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc3ed8fc2f9b; 2013-05-15 at 09:54 AM.

a longer cast for more damage would be great. less dropping below GCD cap and having wasted haste/procs

People actually believe that laca burst won't scale with spell power anymore? The stupidity level... IT'S OVER 9000!!
    Edit: Worth it, without scaling it'd hit for ~1500 at level 90, you can't honestly believe that.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-05-15 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne