Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Wait, that little? How come I got over 10k credits with only about 13 months of subbing? Started just a month or two before the Storm Legion deal where you got the expac, a mount and 12 months subscription and got that.
    because there was an additional bonus for that deal - 50$ in credits, which if i recall correctly is like 8 or 9 k or something
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, alright. Didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.

Trion, I hope you make crazy amounts of money...
    Here here, Trion have made a great game within Rift.

Long may Rift continue

I recently got into Rift just before it went f2p. Visually, it's beautiful. Gameplay, pretty tight but nothing groundbreaking. Questing, nothing exciting. It's all standard kill x of these, gather x of these with the locations of each marked and interactive items glittering and glowing to highlight themselves more. It is starting to feel like a grind, but luckily a lot of questing can be avoided through dungeon hunts and instant adventuring (which is just like questing, but at least goes quickly and rewards decently). The game, though, has a lot of similarities to WoW as many have mentioned. I think it might just be me, but I think I've come to the age where I want something different, something more, something unique and challenging in my games and less theme park, hand-holding.

The one thing I do enjoy in the game is the soul system. It's pretty deep and fun to play around with, but the majority of the trees just have to do with bettering your character with whatever role you've picked. There will always be a best soul in each particular class for whichever role you want, but the ease with which to pick a different soul and try new combinations of souls is very fun. Plus, being able to play my enhance shaman in Rift with the melee dps shaman build is pretty great. For a free game, it'll keep my attention for at least a few weeks. Haven't tried any endgame yet, though.

Picked up Rift again now that it is f2p (bought the game at launch but never had the time to play w/my wow raiding schedule). The f2p model is surprisingly pretty good, much better than SWTOR's f2p model imo considering the relative lack of restrictions, with a solid rewards system...game feels very familiar to wow (classes, keybinds, etc), but I don't think that detracts from wow in any way, simply makes the game easier to get into.

I'll be playing SWTOR for the storylines but I'll continue leveling my cleric in Rift because it's a well-designed game, and playing this class is a blast.

There is most definitely similarities between Rift and WoW but the same can be said about nearly (If not) all MMO's. Rift has a different art style, different direction with what drives its story, and a lot more reasons to run around with people in the world (Somewhat like GW2). I feel like even if you played WoW for years Rift is still worth playing just by virtue of it being free and something different. More over there is no better time than now with all the F2P players surging in, i think its gonna be a really positive thing for Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    7000 loyalty per 30 days.
    6 credits per day for the first 360 days, then 3 credits per day for the days up til 480 and then 1.5 credits for all subbed days after that.

I was disappointed with my measely 3300 credits for a total of 31 months subbed as well
    Yea I got 11k credits from having subbed since launch nonstop and having bought the Storm Chaser edition (1 yr+SL). I had kinda hoped I would get more, but even so I was able to get the majority of what I wanted.

After Daglar came in on his day off and made two new warfronts I bought 20 bucks in credits as a thank you but honestly I didn't really need them right now. Though I am sure they will add more new stuff I want in time.