Finished Companion Dialogue, Received No Affection

I don't know if the new patch has drastically changed companion affection (again), but I have noticed that companion dialogues are reporting a certain amount of affection during them, but then giving me less on dialogue completion. I decided to find answers when a conversation reported three +18 gains, but then gave me none on completion of the conversation (I should have received 54).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a bug or something SWTOR did on purpose with the new patch?

I know companion affection gains changed with Rise of the Hutt Cartel (2.0), but I know that they did this clearly and by design (though people did complain - I can't post links yet, but I'll come back and edit when I can. See SWTOR forums: /community/showthread.php?t=622144). But, since patch 2.1, I've noticed these discrepancies with affection gains in-conversation and in the mission report dialog.

I seem to hit this often right after I complete Chapter One (or, just as I start Chapter 2). My companion will have a whole bunch of conversations for me, and after the first or second one, the in-conversation and mission summary (actual) affection gains start to differ, and if I have about five conversations, the mission reports stop granting me any affection at all.

Is it possible that the companion has a cap on affection gain until something happens to remove the cap? Maybe a specific conversation or part of the story, and then after that companion affection will increase properly?

For example, I believe Vette "blocks" after a certain point until you remove her slave collar.

i believe that all first companions have that block Rohan talks on. each main character has certain missions that need to be done and as you progress chapters they will become avail and affection can continue.

i remember on my sent that i had loads of affection gains but no bar movement but when i finished chapter 1 i had LOTS of missions that i did with here and it moved up

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    i believe that all first companions have that block Rohan talks on. each main character has certain missions that need to be done and as you progress chapters they will become avail and affection can continue.

i remember on my sent that i had loads of affection gains but no bar movement but when i finished chapter 1 i had LOTS of missions that i did with here and it moved up
    I'm pretty sure the reason for that is the Romance Arc for certain companions. I don't think the romancing options for the Knights could start until after Chapter 1, same with Mako and Bounty Hunters. Because of that, and because so many of your responses are of the Flirt variety, there is a cap for certain companions on affection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed anything with regards to Affection gains in conversations or from gift giving. While certain dialogue options are blocked until the story progresses to certain points, I've never had Affection blocked.

I keep hitting this, and it sounds like some other people have experienced this, too: (possible spoilers) Section X companion, Trooper (exactly what I experienced)

Now, I'm not expecting a solution to come from here, but I'm using this to track the bug and provide a sounding board for others who have experienced this.
    Last edited by palswim; 2014-07-04 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Since I have enough posts to post links, updated post to use links