Deleted

Problem gearing through LFR as prot paladin.

I've ran into some problems trying to get gear through lfr mostly in ToT. The problem is that basicly retri gear is bis also for tanking due to haste being superior. So I'm in LFR as retri for every boss except the bosses which drops shields / 1h's. For those I did change my spec to prot to get a chance to receive those items, but people seems to notice that and kick me because of that. Okay I understand that it sucks but when I que to LFR as tank, they kick me because im wearing retri gear even if I try to explain that it's better for prot paladins. So basicly any advices? Keep ninjaprotspeccing for some bosses or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then get tanking gear it isnt that hard.
    Or can't you tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

You're in luck, with patch 5.3 (coming soon) you'll be able to choose which spec to receive gear for before you do the boss.

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 09:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karheim View Post
    You're in luck, with patch 5.3 (coming soon) you'll be able to choose which spec to receive gear for before you do the boss.
    Ok, thats good to hear =)
    Last edited by mmocddc0540ec6; 2013-05-15 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karheim View Post
    Yup. That is a very cool change. So, people can get tanking gear without actually attempting to tank. Good if you want to get a set together before attempting, or to get a set together to solo tougher older raid bosses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Or can't you tank?
    Perhaps you missed the part where he pointed out that some plate DPS gear is superior to tank gear for prot paladins. Specifically, prot paladins desire Haste. Haste is not found on tank gear. You do the math.

OP: I suggest getting most of your haste from reforging until 5.3 when you will be able to choose which loot-spec you want. Also, I suggest getting as much valor gear as you can. Haste is valuable, but it's not your most valuable stat, so don't fixate too hard on gear that already has it until you can do so without upsetting LFR idiots.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Or can't you tank?
    I can. The problem is that dps gear is best gear for tanking aswell....

Deleted
    The problem is not getting haste gear. The problem is getting the shield / 1handers, but I guess the easiest way is to try to ninjaspec and maybe not get kicked after bosses

You don't need BiS to do your job, especially for LFR. Just get what you can, reforge, gem, enchant, for what works best for you, then the loot-role choice in 5.3 fixes the rest for you.

Good luck.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.