LFR is Gods gift to WoW...

...and it needs to stay.

LFR gave us:

1. chance to join raid whenever we want
    2. chance to leave raid whenever we want w/o seeking approval from guild RL
    3. chance to go afk for bio/walk dog/eat w/o seeking approval
    4. chance to see the content while doing 1 and 2
    5. chance to get some loot to advance character gear wise
    6. chance to advance character skill wise (for those who want it)
    7. chance to not having to fill guild apps looking like RL job apps and feeling like looser while doing it
    8. chance to not have voice comm and not listen to stupid/immature chat going on
    9. chance to be meter-*hore just cause you feel like it
    10. chance to not been asked for achivement/gs/ilvl for raid which drop lesser ilvl than you are required to have
    11. chance to have real life back having time for all friends, family, wife, gf, kids, grass-cutting, going to pub, having a hobby...
    12. chance to play Wow less to have time for no.11

Pretty good reasons to me. Feel free to add more.

Deleted
    You act like you were forced to play WoW before LFR appeared..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You act like you were forced to play WoW before LFR appeared..
    I guess his point is that if you want to raid, you don't need to be on a schedule anymore, in which I agree, is great.

Deleted
    Good thing is, Blizzard disagrees:

Raid Finder
    - Raid Finder is great for letting players see content and progress their character with a more flexible schedule, but one of the best things MMOs offer is the cooperative social experience that is group raiding.
    Hopefully we'll see a removal of gear drops in LFR soon.

10+ Year Old Account

If the gear gets removed then the queue times won't be like 10 to 20 minutes but 4 to 10 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I guess his point is that if you want to raid, you don't need to be on a schedule anymore, in which I agree, is great.
    WotLK allowed for players to raid without being forced to play on a schedule. So this ONLY argument for LFR is rather invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If the gear gets removed then the queue times won't be like 10 to 20 minutes but 4 to 10 hours.
    Or just dropped all together. A lot of people don't just do dungeons, LFR, and raids for the fights and experience alone. They want some "Shinies".

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Nothing you linked says Blizz disagree, stop making crap up, and they won't take away gear drops, either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    was in a q for an hour and a half yesterday before i gave up. And my Realm/battlegroup is pretty populated. People have an easy time of getting gear and the q times are crazy if you are unlucky since they dont need to run them as much now.

Hopefully we'll see removal of gear soon, that would stop the complaining.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    WotLK allowed for players to raid without being forced to play on a schedule. So this ONLY argument for LFR is rather invalid.
    How did you come up with this? there was more pugging but with the whole GS crap that went on, it was harder on many servers so if you wanted to raid properly, you still needed a schedule, LFR makes it so you never need a schedule, so that point still stands.

Deleted
    I was in a normal progession guild, only raiding 2 days a week.
    Still a schedule.

Sure, you could pug, but it's even worse than LFR.

LFR is a PUG replacer, better loot distribution aswell.
    The only downside is that it's mind numbingly easy.

I don't remember being able to raid for 1 hour tops at a time in Wrath, or being able to pick and choose what time I did that, or being able to change those up whenever I felt like it at no notice with no negative impact on other people. What offered that in Wrath?

"GS and achiev" trade spam crap again? No, thnx

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunally "progress their character with a more flexible schedule" means the exact opposite.
    Although I do wish they would make it about the same as Heroic Dungeons so you don't need to run them in order to gear up fast.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

You ignored the progress their character part in the very paragraph you quoted yourself.

Impressive "wishful reading" though.

Before I say anything. I think LFR is fine, it' s not for me so I choose not to participate.

But being a GM of a raiding guild I think your list is full of things that completely rule out being able to raid with a fixed group at fixed times. Let me go over your list and provide my opinion on each of your pro's:

1. chance to join raid whenever we want

This is where LFR beats group raiding.

2. chance to leave raid whenever we want w/o seeking approval from guild RL

With group raiding you are usually together with people committed to the cause. In my raids if people feel they need to leave they are allowed to without question, it just hardly ever happens.

3. chance to go afk for bio/walk dog/eat w/o seeking approval

We have a break half way the raid for people to stretch their legs, have something to drink or eat and just take a short moment to recharge.

4. chance to see the content while doing 1 and 2

Why add something as a pro if it's already described above? Just sayin'.

5. chance to get some loot to advance character gear wise

LFR is one of several ways to do this The problem why I think people complain a lot about the way LFR distributes its loot is due to people only really joining LFR for epics and nothing else. In guild groups there's more to it: the progression, the togetherness.

6. chance to advance character skill wise (for those who want it)

No need to really LFR for this, and guild groups allow this just as much if not more due to constructive criticism and feedback from fellow guildies.

7. chance to not having to fill guild apps looking like RL job apps and feeling like looser while doing it

I've made use of online applications a lot but I rather do live interviews now. Also I don't see how applying with a guild would make you seem or feel like a loser.

8. chance to not have voice comm and not listen to stupid/immature chat going on

I'm not sure in what guilds you have been but I'm very proud and happy with the group of people I have managed to gather around me. Let me quote Eric Cartman: "To get to new friends you have to wade through all the dicks first"

9. chance to be meter-*hore just cause you feel like it

10. chance to not been asked for achivement/gs/ilvl for raid which drop lesser ilvl than you are required to have

A guild that likes to progress on raids need to maintain a certain standard which includes a reasonable level of gear. That this is expressed in ilvl nowadays is not the guild's fault?

11. chance to have real life back having time for all friends, family, wife, gf, kids, grass-cutting, going to pub, having a hobby...

I don't know about you, but WoW is my hobby

12. chance to play Wow less to have time for no.11

Again you kind of already covered this so why mention it again? :>

There, that's what I think about it.

I thought Blizzard made LFR, not god. Sure, we can argue that God made man but he did definitely not make LFR, I got proof. =)

Why?

Aren't the common player allowed to get some gear?

All of the LFR threads makes me think of kids and their toys - "No, you may not play with my old Lego although I have gotten new Lego" (Hint: Exchange "lego" with x raid instance).

Why can you not get over the fact that it's okay for non raiders to see the story content and maybe get lower quality purples in the process? We're all gamers....

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Why can you not get over the fact that it's okay for non raiders to see the story content and maybe get lower quality purples in the process? We're all gamers....
    I think the idea comes off as that, but I would imagine (Hopefully) that the actual premise is that the gear means less if it's just a recolor and lose quite a bit of recognition. Things like that, but not solely on visuals and the comparatives.