challange mode hit cap

Hi,

just wanted to ask, whether it is woth to go for the lev 93 hit/exp cap in CMs. I know that bosses do have lev 93 - but the most time consuming seems to be the trash - so what will be more of a benefit? Killing trash faster or no misses at bosses?

Deleted
    I think the gain in secondary stats when going for lower hit % is negligible when fighting trash on challenge modes. After all, you just AoE the living shit out of anything that moves, +2% haste/mastery/crit on your whole team might buy you a second or two in the end, but that's about it.

Boss fights, however, are a little more subtle. There's usually a lot of cooldown stacking involved (2 trinkets, weapon enchant, potion, offensive CDs, heroism, ...), so losing one of your "empowered" spells/attacks during the uptime of your cooldowns due to lacking hit chance would hurt your DPS significantly. Missing an attack may also badly screw up your rotation and it would be hard to recover with how short most fights are.

I've got no numbers, but personally speaking, playing below the hit-cap (and expertise soft-cap for melees) would give me a headache with just about any class in challenge modes. If you really feel the need to min-max, rather get two sets of weapons/trinkets and swap them before and after boss fights.
    Last edited by mmoc10468f25b4; 2013-05-16 at 01:20 PM.

If you really feel the need to min-max, rather get two sets of weapons/trinkets and swap them before and after boss fights.
    good idear - thanks!