Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    The problem with the consular story is Act 1 which is very dull. Act 2 and 3 are pretty awesome, you just have to trudge through act 1 which essentially repeats itself on every single planet. If you've gotten to the end of Act 1 and moved onto another class as Consular, give it another shot, it only gets better from there.
    Act 1 is the worst/most boring/generic for most classes, at least until the end of it. Including Agent. So I agree, not sure why Consular get so much more flack for it in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    IA was amazing in chapter 2. The ending was horrible, though.
    Ending to Act 3? Yeah, the Hunter thing bugs the hell out of me and felt very forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    Act 1 is the worst/most boring/generic for most classes, at least until the end of it. Including Agent. So I agree, not sure why Consular get so much more flack for it in particular.

Ending to Act 3? Yeah, the Hunter thing bugs the hell out of me and felt very forced.
    i disagree about the agent. Being a 24 fan I loved the darkside options where you get to beat the shit outta suspects and kill them if they pose a threat. the entire story made me laugh so hard, Act 2 was kinda hard to buy into but turned out much better then expected.

the hunter thing was kinda annoying too but the very last scene choosing the lightside option once, gives you a great surprise.

My agent ended up killing half the galaxy.... so for the darkside choice, it was "entertaining"

10+ Year Old Account
    What felt really weird for me was the reaction of people when I chose the dark side option at the end of the agent Act 1.
    I mean, I basically betrayed everyone I worked with, and they just acted like nothing had happened. Basically, it's because the story didn't change much depending on what you chose at the end of act 1, but it felt really lazy on their part. An it gave me the feeling that it didn't really matter what I option took, the result would be the same
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

The Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor are also very excellent all of the way through (I rate Sith Warrior as #3 personally).
    having to kill darth fatso as the last boss who should have been the act1 boss maybe was a real downer. that downranked the whole story for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    having to kill darth fatso as the last boss who should have been the act1 boss maybe was a real downer. that downranked the whole story for me
    See, that upranked the whole story for me. I take issue with the storylines that introduce a new bad guy every planet or Act. I like overarching villains that are the ultimate goal. The Sith Warrior storyline provided that by letting you get to know the main villain, detect his inevitable betrayal, live through multiple betryals, and finally start working toward his demise. It might not of necessarily been as "epic" as the JK end boss, but I found the SW end boss to be very gratifying.

See, that upranked the whole story for me. I take issue with the storylines that introduce a new bad guy every planet or Act. I like overarching villains that are the ultimate goal. The Sith Warrior storyline provided that by letting you get to know the main villain, detect his inevitable betrayal, live through multiple betryals, and finally start working toward his demise. It might not of necessarily been as "epic" as the JK end boss, but I found the SW end boss to be very gratifying.
    Try imagine him (the bad bad guy) with a high pitch noise after the first part of the battle....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the hunter thing was kinda annoying too but the very last scene choosing the lightside option once, gives you a great surprise.
    You mean the "It's a girl!" surprise? That's the part I dislike about the ending. If you're talking about essentially defecting to the Republic though, then I loved that part

See, that upranked the whole story for me. I take issue with the storylines that introduce a new bad guy every planet or Act.
    Exactly. I want an epic storyline with an ultimate villain to defeat, not a bunch of separate foes who, because of the lower amount of time devoted to developing them, have less interesting story to provide, they're just a group of bland "villain of the week" rather than an arch-nemesis or ultimate foe you've been working on defeating for a long time. There's a reason why Sauron wasn't defeated till Return of the King...

to add to this thread i would like to help the consular a bit while chapter one was the worst by miles (it's basicly the same thing 5 times:/) and i'm 100% sure it's where it got it bad rep from, since i'm sure there are tons of abandoned sages under lvl 30 it really picks up later and gets very interesting imho.

oh and one general tip: do yourself a favor and DON'T do the voss healing shrine/vision thingie it's way to spoilery. after you did it once or twice for other classes you will just know what it means when you see someone in the vision

maybe it would have upranked the story for me too if he wasn't such an obese joke. he always remembers me of danny devito as a sith lord.

Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    maybe it would have upranked the story for me too if he wasn't such an obese joke. he always remembers me of danny devito as a sith lord.
    He's presented as a threat because of his cunning, not his physical prowess(though he can do damage there too). It's fun to troll him, but keep in mind, his obese fat ass was basically keeping the EMPEROR imprisoned, and prior to your arrival, had the Dark Council ready to declare him the new Voice of the Emperor, giving him basically full control of the Sith Empire. And yeah, he may be a bit heavy, but Danny DeVito? I don't recall him cracking a lot of jokes...). If you play through the story, Baras actually manages to accomplish a LOT more than most of the antagonists of the other stories.

Personal opinion, so far:
    Imp Agent questline is great.
    Jedi Knight questline is great.
    Consular questline - not so good.
    Only level 37 on trooper, seems decent.
    32 on smuggler - just started chapt 2, seems kinds meh so far.
    Sith Sorc - just starting, seems cool for the most part.
    Sith Jugg - haven't started
    Bounty Hunter - seems middle of the road.

Although, atm, fav class to play is my consular, healing and dps is great in endgame, whether pve or pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Although, atm, fav class to play is my consular, healing and dps is great in endgame, whether pve or pvp.
    Well, Sith sorc can do the same since it's the mirror class, but with lightning instead of pebble shooting...plus one of the game's better companion stories(Khem Val is great).

10+ Year Old Account
    Consular gets a very bad wrap as far as stories go. I'm not entirely sure why. *Potential Spoilers*

ACT 1
    Its a bit of a detective story where the Consular is investigating a type of "Force Plague". The base storyline for every planet is the same, find someone who is corrupted and shield them from the plague. But with each planet you get more information on the Plaguemaster and you start to see events that connect all the victims. The culmination of Act 1 is a meaningful encounter with an enemy that has been built up for 20 levels. The arc is not bad at all, and the resolution deals with the primal Star Wars theme of falling from grace followed by redemption (unless you are a dark sider yourself). Also, you get cameos from some familiar KOTOR faces.

ACT 2
    The end of Act 1 and beginning of Act 2 lay the groundwork for the types of enemies you will be encountering for the rest of the storyline. It also features a diplomatic story arc that has a distinctly "Jedi" feeling to it. I actually did enjoy the concept of forging alliances for the Republic and helping the war effort indrectly by uniting the Rift Alliance with the Republic. Story arc enemies also begin building to the finale in Act 3.

ACT 3
    I really liked this Act because its all about building up a personal army. The story enemies are still the same as Act 2, but the pay off is getting a bunch of unique allies to use in the galactic conflict. As with other storylines, it all comes together on Corellia when you finally get the use your forces to help retake the planet. The actual finale makes sense and has a nice tie in that goes all the way back to the opening scenes of the storyline. While the Act might seem overtly less impressive than the Jedi Knight, ultimately I think its more important.

Overall, the Consular gets a really bad rap. I think it might have to do with the story being more of a "support" story than a balls-to-the-wall ass kicking story like the Jedi Knight. I think its a more cerebral storyline, with its emphasis on protection and diplomacy over smiting the bad guys.

Consular gets a very bad wrap as far as stories go. I'm not entirely sure why. *Potential Spoilers*

ACT 1
    Its a bit of a detective story where the Consular is investigating a type of "Force Plague". The base storyline for every planet is the same, find someone who is corrupted and shield them from the plague. But with each planet you get more information on the Plaguemaster and you start to see events that connect all the victims. The culmination of Act 1 is a meaningful encounter with an enemy that has been built up for 20 levels. The arc is not bad at all, and the resolution deals with the primal Star Wars theme of falling from grace followed by redemption (unless you are a dark sider yourself). Also, you get cameos from some familiar KOTOR faces.

ACT 2
    The end of Act 1 and beginning of Act 2 lay the groundwork for the types of enemies you will be encountering for the rest of the storyline. It also features a diplomatic story arc that has a distinctly "Jedi" feeling to it. I actually did enjoy the concept of forging alliances for the Republic and helping the war effort indrectly by uniting the Rift Alliance with the Republic. Story arc enemies also begin building to the finale in Act 3.

ACT 3
    I really liked this Act because its all about building up a personal army. The story enemies are still the same as Act 2, but the pay off is getting a bunch of unique allies to use in the galactic conflict. As with other storylines, it all comes together on Corellia when you finally get the use your forces to help retake the planet. The actual finale makes sense and has a nice tie in that goes all the way back to the opening scenes of the storyline. While the Act might seem overtly less impressive than the Jedi Knight, ultimately I think its more important.

Overall, the Consular gets a really bad rap. I think it might have to do with the story being more of a "support" story than a balls-to-the-wall ass kicking story like the Jedi Knight. I think its a more cerebral storyline, with its emphasis on protection and diplomacy over smiting the bad guys.
    I finished my Consular story and I have to say, I really liked the ending, I liked the build up to it so I can kinda "excuss" the repetition I had to go through in the first chapter.

So far, I've played throguh LS BH, LS Inq, DS Agent, and LS Trooper.

DS Male Agent was the most fun I've had playing this game (bonus points as an Operative, you're actually being a sneaky spy type, living up to your class mission infiltration stuff. Pretty much straight-up James Bond. Super fun.

The BH story was okay. I mean, you're pretty much doing your thing (hunting bounties, oddly enough) and wind up tangled-up with Empire & Republic dealings. Felt like BH (and likely Smuggler, with a third added for balance) could've easily just been a third faction to the game... no ties to Empire or Republic, and would've made a good amount of sense to do so.

Inq story was good, mostly for the hilarity of Khem & Zash.

Trooper felt like what it would be to just be a soldier rising in the rank,s because that's just what you do. Build a team of awesome help (including goddamn Lassiter from Psych, essentially playing Lassiter), and just blast your way through whatever gets in your way. Disappointed I didn't get a promotion at the end of Chapter 3 though I mean, I can't be a Colonel? Marshal? Or hell, even a damned General.

Currently working through DS War, with LS Knight, DS Cons, DS Smug, DS Inq & DS BH lined up afterwards. No, I'm totally not an altoholic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith warrior one of the best storylines and Vette even though she is a lightside character has to be one of the funniest/ best companions of the game
    Sith inquistor is a close second the story starts a little slow but gets good towards the end khem is a decent companion storyline
    the bounty hunter was the first 50 i did and the stroyline is a little meh
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Consular isn't bad if you can push through the first half of it. I will admit though that it is probably a bit on the repetitive side the entire way through.Jedi Knight wasn't bad, but like a lot of the others it takes a bit for it to get rolling. Inquisitor I actually liked for the most part, although I did often have this feeling of " get on with it already" for a bunch of it.

Trooper is great for the first act, dual as crap for the rest. Smuggler for me was just stupid from the start and just never recovered. IA was probably the most interesting overall and less predictable ( which is why I think most people like it the best)

The only storylines I have played past lvl 25 are Jedi Knight, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter. Of them all, the Bounty Hunter was probably my favorite.