View Poll Results: Would you ever date someone with a criminal record?

Voters
186. This poll is closed
  • Yes

30 16.13%
  • No

17 9.14%
  • Depends on charge

139 74.73%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you ever date someone with a criminal record?

Any kind of criminal record ranging from petty theft to capital murder. Reason I ask this is because there is a female I was interested in and she told me she had a felony for evading arrest and some breaking and entering charges. I looked on google and it was true. Personally I have a problem with the felony charge, she endangered lives and stole from people. Shes havent been in trouble with the law in about 2 years but still its a felony. Would you ever date or have dated someone with a criminal record?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they rehabilitated, sure. People can redeem themselves.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. There's a lot of reasons for people to commit crimes, and especially if they're younger the chances and circumstances are a lot higher.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I imagine nearly every response you get is going to be that it depends on what the crime was, or a flat no. Maybe you should narrow it a bit more.

Sure, why not. You can get arrested for anything these days. The level of corruption in the UK Police Force is so much that I actually consider them more dangerous then most criminals.

So my answer is: yes, and more likely then dating a Police Officer.

Deleted
    I think the greater question is do you check on everyone you meet if they have a criminal record?
    This person told you, but if they didnt, would you go and look for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    For something like that? Sure, but I'd be worried about them stealing from me lol. Something that involved them spending a decent chunk of time in jail? Probably not. I don't mind dating unstable girls, but there is definitely a limit to just HOW unstable I'm willing to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was something like, they were 18 and got caught with weed and cautioned, then I wouldn't mind.

If it was something like, they just got out of prison for murder, then probably not.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Nope, but I wouldn't do a background check on everyone either.

Whatever the crime was, it is usually due to stupidity, temptation and sometimes peer pressure. Some people can overcome the problems, but I wouldn't want to be with someone who might go back through that again in the future.

However, it is mostly related to the charge. If they've stolen food to stay alive, that really isn't an issue, but if they're a former thief who just stole for the adrenaline and money, then hell no.

Sure, people change, and most laws are retarded anyway.

Deleted
    Depends on what the person did, thinking about the worst possible crimes i feel like i can't, small things like minor theft or other things sure.
    I don't do bad things myself so i prefer my partner not doing them or have done so though.

if they did some sorta sex crime no. Killed someone or something else sure beat their spouse no.

Deleted
    Well I don't have a problem with it,
    Then again I spent 23 years in jail so...

Sure why not, it's not like people can't change. Also I really can't talk all that much when I comes to breaking the law.

Deleted
    Do you guys who say "It's not like people can't change" would forgive your partner for cheating or begin a relationship with someone who cheated?
    When it comes to that i always see so many people saying insta dump.

Deleted
    Sure, unless her conviction was cutting off her boyfriends penis while he slept.

I have. Twice before. First woman had a resisting arrest/assaulting police officer conviction and the second had a possession of illegal substance with intent to supply charge. Didn't even phase me at the time, I wasn't exactly a law abiding citizen back then either. These days I'd give it more thought but if it's minor and in the past I would most likely over look it. If it were something more serious i'd be a bit more hesitant but I don't think it'd stop me considering it unless it were a violent crime.

Deleted
    I wouldn't date someone who have raped, murdered, assaulted or robbed or in any other way hurt others.

Quote Originally Posted by xKalle View Post
    Do you guys who say "It's not like people can't change" would forgive your partner for cheating or begin a relationship with someone who cheated?
    When it comes to that i always see so many people saying insta dump.
    Cheating isn't a crime, so that isn't really related, but there is a difference between cheating in relationships and having a crime on your record, the change involved is not the same.

OT: As long as it wasn't a violent or really heinous crime, I probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

Deleted
    Depends what kind of criminal record. If it involved getting in trouble and assault, absolutely not. I'm allergic to trouble.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-18 at 06:35 PM.