Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    There was no bloodlust at all in classic.

As been said, it wouldn't take long especially with the nature resistance gear stacking.
    Oh yeah I forgot that was BC my bad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Not more than 1 attempt, vanilla players were way more skilled.
    If troll, 7/10. If not, 0,5/10. The 0,5 are for making me respond.

It's not an overly challenging fight to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Honestly, Chromaggus wasn't that hard nor was C'thun after he got hotfixed (see: not nerfed but HOTFIXED). The biggest "challenge" of 4 horsemen, while it was harder than WotLK version, was gearing up 8 tanks to take them on.
    Someone that didn't play in Vanilla, spotted -_-

What is the point of this thread? Would people in BC be able to kill Maloriak? If so, how long would it take? Random questions are random.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    You mean vanilla players didn't have the half the addons and handholding through PTR raid testing and datamining websites as today?
    ptrs? sure. But have you EVER heard of CT RA and later on Vedetta (aka DBM before the name change)? those were already in vanilla, not to mention the old decursive, which was dispelling for you. Funny shit, when they fixed the automatization just before tBC and we couldnt kill Lucifron after a year of MC on farm, because our priests were GARBAGE at dispelling without the addon and were incapable of dispelling by themselves.

Average vanilla raider was worse than average LFR afker...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It would probably die in one attempt and be the easiest boss in the instance. Stack NR gear, profit.

You're talking about Vanilla mechanics, right?
    If we're talking vanilla then farming that resistance gear would be both extremely time consuming and expensive since gold wasn't free back then, and the resistance gear would only make it killable but by no means easy (for vanilla players). The truth is that players back in vanilla sucked compared to players of today. Tons of keyboard turners in high end guilds, healers were practically unable to look around not to mention avoid any mechanics while watching the health bars, and dps classes had dozens of times more simple rotations and yet kept doing unoptimized damage. Noone was even particularly interested in what the optimal damage for a class was since worldoflogs in its current form didn't even exist. The game was both more and much less hardcore back then.

If Heroic Jin'rokh was a 40 man raid boss in Classic, the encounter would've required a lot of nature resistance gear so probably the first kill would've happened after around 2 weeks or something because of all the farming required.
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2013-05-16 at 10:25 PM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    1 shot, anyone who died would be out-of-combat ressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    anyone who died, would just release spirit and run back into the instance and there would be no doors blocking the room.

Or they would have kite him into Vaels room.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Throw in some 35 hunters taking turns cheetah kiting and might just be doable for a vanilla raid (until first lightning storm at least).
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Someone that didn't play in Vanilla, spotted -_-

What is the point of this thread? Would people in BC be able to kill Maloriak? If so, how long would it take? Random questions are random.
    Someone who's so ignorant about the skill level advancements of players, spotted. Do you honestly think that people raiding ToT heroic - not even talking about clearing all close to clearing - would have a hard time with C'thun? I'll give you hunters as an example: Use up all mana -> get out of combat -> drink to regen mana -> rinse n' repeat. Hard stuff.

Raiding until very late at nights was norm back then, people used to push hard those days

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't raided in MoP yet myself. But looking at the mechanics, strats and videos, the fight has traces of Geddon (one player is basically the bomb, except this one travels to the player like a succubus fireball in Diablo); typical tank switching, which some BWL bosses made heavy use of; and having AOE effects which switch from being beneficial to deadly, which is a mechanic somewhat borrowed from Thaddius (the only reason this boss was hard was because of 40 person raids. More people = better chance at at least one person lagging (also, internet wasn't as fast or reliable back then). The shrinking room might also be troublesome. The only thing that would cause trouble is the raid-wide AOE damage, which back then was hard to deal with as only priest and shaman had multitarget healing (this mechanic would probably be toned down if it was a Vanilla raid. Heavy AOE damage was brought in thanks to how easy it became to AOE heal in TBC and near infinite healer mana pools). The rest of the mechanics seem pretty standard for any boss.

Gearcheck type stuff aside, this fight looks like a day one kill for just about any skilled guild.

It would take forever, 300m HP and people did a couple of 100 dps!

Don't forget that it would probably be very hard to run at a decent framerate and the visual spam would be horrendous. Then there is the layer of input lag on the puddles being just blown into another level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Not more than 1 attempt, vanilla players were way more skilled.
    Funniest comment ever!!!!
    And so wrong. Todays fight are 10000000000000 times harder then the vanilla fights.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Watching the Tanks try to tank swap would be interesting as being a vanilla boss he would probably be taunt immune. Lightning storm would be a nasty mechanic as it would kill the 10 or so ppl afk by the entrance straight away and the healers wouldn't be able to sit out of combat to regen mana as it would interupt them. Also would be impossible for someone to stay out of combat and res the people that died.

The fight would work with early vanilla style raiding. It could stand to be more complex if it was at BWL/Naxx level. Farming all the nature res gear to survive the Lightning storm would be a pain in the butt but make the aoe damage trivial so effectively the fight would come down to tanks being able to effectively swap agro without taunting and then just tank and spank till dead.

Deleted
    Yes and no.
    Mechanicswise? Vanilla was a piece of piss
    Damagewise? Son of a bitch that shit's intense.
    I don't know about you all, but I remember tanking in Vanilla, first of all, Warriors were the only tanks, THE ONLY TANKS! And we sucked at doing threat to begin with, add in the horrible AoE threat that was present and you had yourself a proper hell.
    Anyhow I sidetracked,
    My point with the damage part was that a boss smacking your tank for about 60-80% of his HP in one hit wasn't all uncommon (I remember having to pop Shield Wall on Rend because he hit like a bulldozer), granted you had a shitton of healers sitting on your face, but say just for funzies that just your average johnson boss in a heroic instance smacked the tank for 60% of his HP in one hit, The amount of crying that the boss is overtuned would be unreal.

My final point
    You cannot compare vanilla raiding to today's raiding, because it is an entirely different game now, they both had their aspects of difficulty and saying one was harder than the other just doesn't work, they were different.

Imagine Ra Den HC or Dark Animus Or Durumu Heroic Would be hilarious.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Funniest comment ever!!!!
    And so wrong. Todays fight are 10000000000000 times harder then the vanilla fights.
    People need to give credit where credit's due. Vanilla was DIFFERENT from no, not objectively easier.

While there were addons, they weren't nearly as telling as the ones today. There weren't always addons to tell you when the boss was about to do an attack. There weren't addons to help you stay out of a fire.

Then there was the fact that there were 40 people instead of 25. A lot more people to coordinate even if a lot of them were dead weight. The harder Vanilla raids were still fairly punishing for individual missteps.

There weren't a trillion and one guides for bosses before a patch was even launched.

Threat management was huge. Tanks had it undeniably harder then than now. DPS couldn't faceroll burst cds. Rotations practically didn't exist because things weren't fleshed out and players were still figuring out optimal setups/abilities for their classes well into Naxxramas.

Of course there are A LOT of aspects in which today's raids are harder than the older ones. There are set rotations, those who are able to adapt rotations to boss mechanics do better than others. Boss mechanics are crazy complex compared to before. I don't even think the powerhouse C'thun can match the mechanically simplest bosses of today.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15