Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a touchy question because yes it would be better off for the WORLD but it would affect alot of people and their families. I say that when we reach to a cetain point there will be WW III and it could even reduce the populace by 50+ %.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I always wonder whether such proponents are ready to start 'depopulation' with themselves and their families...

I always wonder why people who are opposed to depopulation have to say something stupid like this ^. Every single time.

CLEARLY no one is going to off theirselves or their families. NOR is anyone suggesting we go Hitler on people, or pull a 12 monkeys.
    And since this is America, you can't even expect a birth restriction law or something like that to fly.

No, what should happen is that people, ALL PEOPLE, should breed responsibly on their own. They should be intelligent enough to understand why that is their responsibility.
    Have 1-2 kids. Then stop. You're done. You don't need to have 6 kids.

As much as you may want to argue that the earth is not over populated, you can't debate a simple fact - The earth is of finite size. All other arguments aside of why there are already too many people on the planet, there is no denying the simple logical fact that a planet of finite size can only support a finite number of creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Dictatorship? We are already doing this to kids and parents that have failed badly? Why not do it before it happens and save a wasted life(and tax money)
    Because there's more value to a life than how intelligent they are.
    Putin khuliyo

Would it be bad? Ethically, most likely. Otherwise, probably not.

Pretty sure I saw on Vsauce that we're going to cap out at about 12 billion, so it would be interesting to see what happens (I don't have the source, so I could be totally wrong with this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    CLEARLY no one is going to off theirselves or their families. NOR is anyone suggesting we go Hitler on people, or pull a 12 monkeys.
    And since this is America, you can't even expect a birth restriction law or something like that to fly.
    Have you read this thread?

Resource-wise we're stable as is, of course with some time and a constantly increasing population we'll eventually be better off without.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Have you read this thread?
    Everyday I stand in an hour long line, or wait in traffic, I desperately wish that 12 monkeys was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    As terrible as it may sound, the world would be a better place if a few billion people died off. I'm not saying we should commit genocide or anything, merely pointing this out. Do you think we would be better or worse off with a more sustainable populace?
    Lets start the depopulation one at a time and I elect you to be first.

This is a stupid thread.

It's already happening anyway.

Just look at the stuff we are being financially pressured into eating and drinking. The lower classes will die young because of the food they are forced to settle with.

Depopulation is really unnecessary, we don't need to go all China or Logan's Run. Naturally 1st world countries are stabilizing their populations through contraception and giving women more rights. We just need to keep modernizing the world and the population growth will slow down...we aren't in some horrible desperate situation where we need to immediately do ridiculous things or we will all die out in 50 years or something silly. We should do a poll on here to see how many of us want children.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    Agreed. In order to receive a birth license, you would have to take a series of tests to prove that you're intelligent enough to breed.
    And how exactly would you enforce this? Fine people for having "illegal kids"? Kids are already almost a fine as it is, due to how expensive it is to raise them.

The logistics of enforcing any kind of birth limit would be arduous and fiercely contested to put it mildly. If history is a reflection, nature will eventually do the job for us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Dictatorship? We are already doing this to kids and parents that have failed badly? Why not do it before it happens and save a wasted life(and tax money)
    We now have the Minority Report sequel, CPS edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    The logistics of enforcing any kind of birth limit would be arduous and fiercely contested to put it mildly. If history is a reflection, nature will eventually do the job for us.
    would you really want to go through that? why not just avoid the problem in the first place?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The planet has the resources to take care of everyone. The problem is really greed more than anything else.

The more people are rising, the lifespan of the Earth is decreasing. Earth will be a lot better off if human population decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    And how would these billions die? War?

Well we could start with the executions of all prison inmates with a sentence of more than 10 years.
    Hospitals could also without treatment to extend the lives of terminally ill patients.
    We already have war, we just need to stop worrying so much about avoiding collateral damage.

For the most part though I think we need to develop a long term implanted form of birth control and remove all the hoops associated with younger people obtaining birth control in the first place.

Plenty of other things we could do but they boarder on being immoral and I wouldn't suggest trying them unless there was a dire need to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    The more people are rising, the lifespan of the Earth is decreasing. Earth will be a lot better off if human population decreases.
    Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    The planet has the resources to take care of everyone. The problem is really greed more than anything else.
    No planet has infinite resource, even if they did, it would need a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you took out the dumbass and swag fags it would be a better place but country's would die out with there economys dieing you would be killing the rest of the world by doing to this cause every country has to have a a family have 1-2.5 children to keep a stable economy for a very large time so you basically will kill the hole world if we did this