... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Tonights Lotto - 600 million

What would you do with it?

Me. Give it all away. Every penny.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    I'd give some away,buy myself things probably up to 1mil (including a house) Invest the rest and enjoy life! Not that i don't enjoy life now, but i'd probably enjoy it more
    most i won with the lottery all toghether was 15 euro, played for like 100 =/ no more!

Hide away and never show my face. No one but my closest family would ever know that i won the money. I am not even slightly interested in publicity.

On the other side, what would you do with the profit as a lottery? Seeing you are able to sell worthless pieces of paper for several hundred million every week, give away some of it as prize money and keep the rest for yourself.

Winning the lottery is impossible, the house always wins.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    In what country is that?

Deleted
    Spend it on pounds of cocaine.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should restructure it to give 600 people 1 mill instead of 1 person 600 mill imo.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have a solid gold, life-sized walrus crafted by a team of artisans, then have it launched into the nearest Chuck-E-Cheese.

Following that I would make sure all the people I care about never have to worry about money again, start a non-profit of some sort to keep myself busy, give some away to charity, and enjoy the rest of the time I have left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    In what country is that?
    america

10char

i would deposit the bulk of it in the bank, pay off my debts, pay off my parents debts and give my family some money to go buy something nice, then i'd continue living as i normally do, though i wouldn't ever have to worry about whether or not i can afford something i want. Possibly donate some for research in curing currently uncurable ailments.

Get me one of them icecream cakes from the dairy queen and those cold cuts I have been wanting.
    Very dirty things to attractive women of loose morals.
    Get a place where people will leave me mostly alone.
    Also I need a GS-1530

Deleted
    Time to move into a fortress with a handful of people of my choice and live there until the end of days.

Oh, and fund MADHOUSE studios, âge-soft, nitroplus and bunch of others with a couple dozen million. Just because.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2013-05-18 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    If I won that kind of money, sort of like MMking said, I probably wouldn't tell many, other than my family and maybe closest friends.
    I'd buy a nice house and all that ofc, but I've been working and making decent money since I was 17 so, provided I didn't go OTT with whatever I bought, I could blag saying I got a house after taking out a mortgage and all that...
    That said, it might be a different story if I actually won it, money corrupts and all that.. might through it around like a dick for all I know. One thing for sure though, my family would be well looked after!

Probably go out for a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    They should restructure it to give 600 people 1 mill instead of 1 person 600 mill imo.
    Or get 60,000 homeless people off the ground with 10,000 each. With that money they could get cleaned up, rent some where cheap and get the ground work set for finding employment.

Ontopic. I probably would not tell anyone, lie about what ever work I was doing and just pretend to be fairly well off. Probably give about 500 million away

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    america

10char
    Does that mean if you win (and only you win) you'd get only 300 million of it as the government would take half of it? Or is that a myth, never really looked into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    when it gets this high millions more people buy tickets, you can have 1-X winners.... 600m $1 winners even!
    joking aside(600m winners wouldn't happen)

just about half of that would go to taxes, more or less... or depending on views.
    the real question is what would you do with 300m (unless you take the "get taxed at the end of the year" thing, and swap to a country that doesn't have expedition / or applicable laws...but getting the $$ out of the country might have it's own problems.

ohh, on topic = i would donate half to charity, and every year buy 1m in 10 year Certificates of Deposit, a quarter of what was left into various corporations, then live off the income from the CD's / interest.

of course i would do all the usual things, buy a "decent" house (not an amazing one, thinking 300k or so) set some aside for a new car every ~5 years, Hybrid most likely, i like mileage.
    maybe invest in some rental properties, buy a street up, do quarterly checkups to make sure people aren't breaking my property, and ofc i would be doing repairs to wear and tear.
    (and sueing people who break my walls down)
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-05-18 at 05:01 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    when it gets this high millions more people buy tickets, you can have 1-X winners.... 600m $1 winners even!
    joking aside(600m winners wouldn't happen)

just about half of that would go to taxes, more or less... or depending on views.
    the real question is what would you do with 300m (unless you take the "get taxed at the end of the year" thing, and swap to a country that doesn't have expedition / or applicable laws...but getting the $$ out of the country might have it's own problems.
    Your state would like for you to win it. they get a nice income tax payment out of it

I wouldn't tell anyone that' for sure.

I bought into like a $200 pool at work with like 20 other people. I think I'd get like 18 million of a lump sum or something. Odds are slim, but cheers to hoping ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought lottery winnings were not taxed?