Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    He's splitting the horde, rather than keeping it together like Thrall did.
    Thrall was a glorified diplomat not a real Warchief. Garrosh just took the role back to its roots, where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    because magic can only work at certain times of the year?
    *magic* jazz hands \o/ That was the reasoning I got from the writers on that one :P

I cannot _WAIT_ to loot his head. Seriously it will be like killing rend all over again for the 1st time back in Vanilla going to my Warchief (Thrall) presenting the false warchiefs head and getting an awesome shout out.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    It can be, and I hope it is.
    yet it is, ill post this again

But the other point, there is more to Garrosh then "im a warrior, so i like war, the end". Hes a major character.
    Garrosh does want his people to prosper, or prosper and reach heights than they are currently at.
    "I wont let my people starve in the desert. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to enusre a proud and glorious future for the Orcs, and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"
    "Our suffering is at an end, when this war is won our people will see prosperity at last"

And another, which to me is his biggest motivation, is the lust for glory. Garrosh lives under the shadow of his father, a legacy he feels he needs to match or exceed.
    Which is ironic in a way, since Garrosh will definatly be remember, but perhaps not the reasons he is expecting.....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Thrall was a glorified diplomat not a real Warchief. Garrosh just took the role back to its roots, where it belongs.
    You mean the dark horde ruled by Demons? No thanks. I want to fight the legion not be more like them. When it came to fighting Thrall wasn't afraid to put the doom hammer smack down on people. He just realised that not all things could or SHOULD be solved via the fist.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:26 AM ----------

But the other point, there is more to Garrosh then "im a warrior, so i like war, the end". Hes a major character.
    Garrosh does want his people to prosper, or prosper and reach heights than they are currently at.
    "I wont let my people starve in the desert. I will stop at nothing, nothing, to enusre a proud and glorious future for the Orcs, and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"
    "Our suffering is at an end, when this war is won our people will see prosperity at last"

And another, which to me is his biggest motivation, is the lust for glory. Garrosh lives under the shadow of his father, a legacy he feels he needs to match or exceed.
    Which is ironic in a way, since Garrosh will definatly be remember, but perhaps not the reasons he is expecting.....
    Right there is the reason for Garry and his downfall. His own pride projected onto his people. No wonder the Sha of pride is up his Arse right now ready to explode in 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    HAHAHA! funny man.

Again like my above statement.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:21 AM ----------

nope, its just your inability to accept whats happening.
    Also will you stop with the pathetic , "if you don't agree with me your opinion is invalid" rubbish I have read all the books, done all of the tbc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop quests multiple times and my opinion is Garrosh made a major u turn in the tides of war. He is an an excellent strategist and uses all of his resources to win a WAR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No, he wasn't. His role in WC3 was very insignificant and non-existent in TFT. Up until the events of Wrath launch event Thrall was just an NPC in Orgrimmar.
    Saving the Horde from being slaughtered by demons, leading them to the new land, befriending the darkspear trolls and tauren, securing the aid of wyverns for his forces, cleansing Grom from corruption, leading the Horde defense of Hyjal, brokering peace with other nations... insignificant? He MADE the new Horde.

He was sitting around in Orgrimmar while Rexxar was doing stuff. In WC3 he was sitting around while Grom killed a motherfucking Demi God.
    ...and Grom sold his people's soul to demons in the process. Metal, yes. Prudent, no.

Rexxar was kicking ass for sure, but again - it's Thrall who made the Horde, and made the nation out of nothing with his leadership.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Because Warchief does not mean you have to be a scumbag Racist and Warmongering Idiot who spends all the ressources he can grab, pump it into War machine and kills of the whole population of his people in meaningless fights that could be resolved with said diplomacy.

The Warchief has to take care of his people, not make them slaves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    that could be resolved with said diplomacy.
    and what chance was there at that?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Even as a big fan of Vol'Jin, I think that Garrosh is a better Warchief than Thrall. I think that the current arc is catering to the whine of the Thrall fans. Garrosh had so much potential before Blizzard started back tracking and pushing Thrall back into the spotlight.

Voj'Jin and the rest of the Horde should have dealt with Garrosh on their own instead of Conspiring together with the Alliance.
    This isn't true. Before Cata even started at Blizzcon the devs stated that Garrosh was being pushed to be a plot device for Thrall's personal story arc. He was never intended to be anything other than a temporary character to be used as a means to progress Thrall's character. I agree that it wasn't handled very well and after seemingly trying to prop him up they just as strongly tore him down. I think some subtlety could have been more effective.

And yes the Horde should never have to ask the Alliance for help in dealing with their own problems. If Vol'jin was truly Warchief material he would have found a way to manipulate the Alliance into helping and not begging for hand outs. I'm hoping things turn on the Alliance very unexpectedly as soon as Garrosh is taken care of.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Garrosh_Hell..._of_War_-_past

Yet not all are happy to see Grom’s legacy and heir. An orc woman named Krenna is not impressed with his lineage, as she sees Grom as the one who instilled the blood curse on her people in the first place. Nor is she impressed with Garrosh for that matter. From Krenna, Garrosh learns the harsh realities the orcs have to contend with. It is very difficult to wrest a living in Durotar. Durotar is a desert, making farming impossible. Though the markets overflow, they rely heavily on imports from distant places. Ashenvale Forest would be suitable for their people’s needs yet Warchief Thrall prohibits them from settling there and any of their lumber caravans sent there are regularly ambushed by night elves. Meanwhile, the humans of Northwatch Hold and the dwarves of Bael Modan continue to contest their sovereignty over the Barrens and remnants of Admiral Proudmoore's Kul Tiras forces in Tiragarde Keep rob Razor Hill unchecked. Such incidents cause orcs like Krenna to become bitter and frustrated with their people’s leadership.
    Garrosh has always tried to do the best for his people. While Thrall has been bending over backwards to please Jaina and the Alliance. Garrosh could have become the greatest Warchief, but the whiners ruined it. They wanted a happy Horde where it's all about Caring and Sharing.

Deleted
    and what chance was there at that?
    Considering that Thrall actually achieved semi stable peace with Theramore, maybe a little bit more then with two sharp axes and Garroshs mouth.

You remember the Ulduar trailer ? That was one of the moments diplomacy would have actually helped, same with Twilight Highlands, instead of trying to spill Alliance blood he could have been more reasonable and guarantee a save landing for his crew and soldiers.

Because Warchief does not mean you have to be a scumbag Racist and Warmongering Idiot who spends all the ressources he can grab, pump it into War machine and kills of the whole population of his people in meaningless fights that could be resolved with said diplomacy.

The Warchief has to take care of his people, not make them slaves.
    Oh, my alliance friends.. You have some lore researching to do
    The horde was created by corruption and manipulation to destroy the draeneis and later on to try genocide population of azeroth.
    "Take care of his people", only Thrall thinked like that, and to a very small degree Orgrim who were willing to try set the orcs free from incampments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How is the manabomb so much more evil than the sacking of Taurajo for example? Do the methods really matter?
    The fact you have to ask either of those questions makes me dispair for humanity.

Taurajo was a tiny village that warparties used when travelling south through the Barrens. Small civilian population. All allowed to escape, despite weakening the Alliance lines.

Theramore was a major port city filled with civilians. Not to mention Garrosh sacrificed his own troops to lure more Alliance into the city before destroying it was a horrific weapon he STOLE from the Blue Dragonflight!

If you can't tell the difference, you have something wrong with you or you're bring a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Also will you stop with the pathetic , "if you don't agree with me your opinion is invalid" rubbish I have read all the books, done all of the tbc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop quests multiple times and my opinion is Garrosh made a major u turn in the tides of war. He is an an excellent strategist and uses all of his resources to win a WAR.
    then all that convinces me of is your inability to accept what is happening in favor of what you want to see happen.
    Excellent strategist? He's failed more times in his intended goals then achieving anything, unless you think diving headlong into something with brute strength alone is what translates as 'excellent strategy'
    #boycottchina

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

That said, Blizzard's writing is pretty awful.

I find their characters shallow and not all that interesting.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Considering that Thrall actually achieved semi stable peace with Theramore, maybe a little bit more then with two sharp axes and Garroshs mouth..
    And Yet Theramore maintained a military garrison at Northwatch - on Horde territory

But the remark was more towards whether there was any real chance at diplomacy preventing the war.
    The Night Elves were pissy about the Wrath Gate so closed trade routes and what.
    They only agreed to meeting with Hamuel very reluctantly, and then were promptly killed by "Horde" troops
    Do you think they would have been in a talking mood after that?

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Taurajo was a tiny village that warparties used when travelling south through the Barrens. Small civilian population. All allowed to escape, despite weakening the Alliance lines.

Theramore was a major port city filled with civilians. Not to mention Garrosh sacrificed his own troops to lure more Alliance into the city before destroying it was a horrific weapon he STOLE from the Blue Dragonflight!
    Civilians still died at Taurajo
    And "sacrificed" his troops? Just how many would he have "sacrificed" if he had to lay siege and assualt the city?

And if the mana bomb itself is so horrific, why are the Kirion Tor and Sunreavers currently throwing them at each other?

Im squarely with the warchief on this on

Blizzard has given me no reason to turn against him

I didnt really care that he tried to off vol'jin and i laughed when he obliterated theramore and i really dont give a fuck that hes killing traitorous trolls

My character has been killing trolls since BC!

Garrosh is a no nonsense kinda guy who wants a glorious future for his people and he doesn't give a fuck who gets in his way and i respect that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    if they gave horde a sw raid and ally an orgri raid i'd roll 100times with this
    but i won't complain about rebellion and just go with t
    Agreed, give us Siege of Stormwind in a new CoT dungeon/raid for equality purposes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Oh, my alliance friends.. You have some lore researching to do
    The horde was created by corruption and manipulation to destroy the draeneis and later on to try genocide population of azeroth.
    "Take care of his people", only Thrall thinked like that, and to a very small degree Orgrim who were willing to try set the orcs free from incampments.
    And it was supposed to be different than that. All the other races signed on to Thrall's new Horde to live in peace and with honor (or just to be left alone in Forsaken's case), not to be second class citizens/cannon fodder. Garrosh however seems hell-bent on taking the Horde back to the dark ages, just like his father did.

...mind that this quote is from the siege of Theramore, where Thrall proves that he won't allow anyone to threaten his people. That however was a justified retaliation, while Garrosh's aggressiveness has him step on way too many fingers in the end.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2013-05-17 at 10:43 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I know all of this already. So I'll post this again: "Maybe Garrosh is being influenced by a higher power." With that being said, he's committed crimes toward other races -- taking land and resources by force to survive. I can't say I blame him for doing so. It seems like Garrosh is the "Hitler" of WoW. Killing innocent people is wrong overall, and he wants the orcs to be the true race of the Horde. Doesn't seem motivating to me. In the end, it's self-gratification.