Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post

And Russia's super generic choir song got 5th place? Who the hell voted for them...
    Russians have been known to offer people money for voting for them, people in my country complain about that constantly, they are saying, that they are being approached by random men who offer them easy money, all they have to do is to show up at a certain bar at a certain time, bring 3-5 cellphones and friends with extra phones as well. It has been reported to police I believe, but who knows how many people say yes to easy 20 euros for a 5 minute work and don't report this.
    Article from our news site as proof, google translate might help
    http://pramogos.delfi.lt/muzika/prie....d?id=61417279

Deleted
    I've said this before, and I'm saying it again: If you have a folk-pop song sung by a girl with frizzy hair and no shoes it will win. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Even with Adele singing we'd still get sod all. You could have 2 songs, 1000 female strippers and 1000 male strippers singing a note perfect harmony of bridge over troubled water and we'd still be lucky to get more than 50 points.
    It's actually quite clear the UK does not want to win, otherwise you would not send corpses two years in a row. If you are honest you know the songs from the UK are generally quite poor, it's probably a money thing or the people choosing the UK singers are completely insane/stupid ...

As for the voting, the winner is usually decent enough (in Eurovision terms anyway). Yes there is some biased voting, but that doesn't cause you to end with less than 50 points, a singer who's decades beyond her prime with a mediocre/bad song does. To be honest most Eastern European countries singing in English sounded better, I could hardly understand what Bonnie Tyler was doing. Same for the Irish dude actually, weird how people who have English as their native tongue can't even pronounce it properly.

Just look at the winners of the past few years, Scandinavian countries, Russia, Eastern European countries, Germany, Turkey, people seriously exaggerate the impact of biased voting or are you putting all these countries in one bracket somehow?

If the UK would send a good song that appeals to a large audience (which is kind of the essence of Eurovision) with an attractive performance, you'll likely win. It's just that you don't seen to want to, don't blame voting or international politics for that, it's your own choice.

Deleted
    I was pretty tired yday and fell asleep after about 5 songs, and woke up just in time to see denmark win it. Gz to them

Last time denmark won, was also in sweden, in 2000 btw :P
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-05-19 at 10:08 AM.

I loved how the danish commentator at the start said said: "Denmark is so gonna win" and then when it started and france should sing he said: "Yeah, nobody expects france to win at all".

I still can't understand how generic pop songs do so well in Eurovision, it's mind-boggling.

Anyway, I might be partial, being Greek and all, but c'mon, Koza Mostra deserved better than 6th with some of the crap played by other countries.

I mean, Greek ska? That's surely more unique than Generic Pop Starlet #5432523

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I still can't understand how generic pop songs do so well in Eurovision, it's mind-boggling.

Anyway, I might be partial, being Greek and all, but c'mon, Koza Mostra deserved better than 6th with some of the crap played by other countries.

A lot of people likely didn't want to vote for Greece as a form of charity, just imagine if they won ...

[video=youtube;G3k2MOJOkKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3k2MOJOkKg[/vido]
    It was a very unique joke yeah. I don't think they actually expected to win, or wanted to, considering their current economy. Problem is that it's not catchy or worth hearing repeatedly in the radios, which is exactly what a winner-song has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    It was a very unique joke yeah. I don't think they actually expected to win, or wanted to, considering their current economy. Problem is that it's not catchy or worth hearing repeatedly in the radios, which is exactly what a winner-song has to be.
    I guess because I don't listen to generic clone pop I don't get the appeal of Random Pop Bimbo #4254156

I guess because I don't listen to generic clone pop I don't get the appeal of Random Pop Bimbo #4254156
    I don't either, doesn't mean I don't know what's popular and is shocked when hipster Hungary doesn't win.

We were thinking that Greece didn't want to win, because they quite simply couldn't AFFORD to win.

Quote Originally Posted by raszh View Post
    Boring songs... too many ballads, those eurodance songs were not catchy at all, some trendy dubstep wobbles, only generic songs.

Tony Iommi's Song was shit, too.

Denmark deserved to win: catchy (compared to the rest), rather soft beat, keyboard only in background, no brostep wobbles, that simple flute was quite refreshing after 2642846242 ballads & eurodance which sounded the same (well, opera dracula with eurodance/dubstep music & homoerotic dancers was indeed quite unique... god, this was awful).

Don't know what those performers really think about their songs. Do they really think that their songs are good or is it just a free holiday trip including unlimited alcohol?

Not realy. I don't mind ideas are "borrowed" from other songs, but the rules are clear that a ESC song should be original. To me there are just too much similarities with the 2002 song I Surrender from K-Otic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshi View Post
    Not realy. I don't mind ideas are "borrowed" from other songs, but the rules are clear that a ESC song should be original. To me there are just too much similarities with the 2002 song I Surrender from K-Otic.

[video=youtube;7A3IS5lTf_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A3IS5lTf_I[/vido]
    It does have the same pipe/whistle thing and beat in the chorus. But eh. All the songs reminded me of something I'd heard before in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't either, doesn't mean I don't know what's popular and is shocked when hipster Hungary doesn't win.
    I liked that song when I caught a bit of the semi final.

Was it a good final show?

Also gratz Denmark.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I liked that song when I caught a bit of the semi final.

Was it a good final show?

Also gratz Denmark.
    I liked the show and butterfly thing. Sweden were awesome hosts, with their Culture Song or whatever they officially called it. Lots of neat songs, Romania's entry was hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshi View Post

I meant "deserved compared to the rest", the song is still shit.