Poll: Which side should get the killing blow?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is going to get the killing blow. Garrosh is going to end up killing himself by accident.

If you will endulge my Alliance bias for a moment I believe that the killing blow should belong to Jaina. The reason why is obvious at this point.

However I will admit that it will be more badass to let a Horde leader kill him. Probably Vol'jin for attempting to kill him. Or I'm thinking Baine with something along the lines of "For my father..." or even Sylvanas ("Who's the bitch now!?). It will probably end up being Thrall who kills him because that's just how Blizz operates.

Honestly I'd like to see Thrall try to talk with his friend's (Grom) son and bring him back to reason, then have Garrosh kill him in the heat of the moment, bringing the races together to end him. As for the killing blow, I'd like for the players to do it. I doubt that will happen and IF (big if) they were to kill Thrall I could only see Vol'jin killing him at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Honestly, Vol'jin, Lor'themar and Sylvanas have more right to kill him than anyone else (Baine too I suppose, though Garrosh was unaware of the Grimtotem interference when he killed Cairne, so I figure Baine isn't as keen to axe him as the others) does and it definitely shouldn't be an Alliance leader who does it.

He's engaged in genocide of the Darkspear Trolls and tried to have Vol'jin assassinated - that gives him the motivation.

He basically told Sylvanas to stop breeding her race and even set "overseers" upon her.

He uses the Blood Elves as cannon fodder and sends them on dangerous missions, knowing they'll almost certainly die achieving their goals and he still treats them like shit when they succeed.

Varian quite frankly can fuck off, he's a shit leader anyway. Jaina lost her claim for justified vengeance when she decided to run around a neutral city killing the Sunreavers.

Honestly, Jaina should've died in Wrath alongside Arthas and I think maybe Sylvanas should've too. Varian would've been fine with me as a snack in Deathwing's jaws - I much preferred seeing Bolvar in the throne room in Stormwind to Varian's candy ass.
    Almost every racial leader has a reason to dislike Garrosh. Out of the Horde, Baine has the least motivation. He simply disagrees with Garrosh's motives, and had some problems with him over water in his short story. As for Sylvanas, Thrall actually put the Kor'kron in Undercity after the events of the Wrathgate. Garrosh simply reinforced the notion and saw things personally during Cataclysm.

The only racial leaders that don't have a personal vendetta against Garrosh are Velen, Genn, and the Council of Three Hammers. But I suspect they'll add a quest or something in 5.4 so they'll join the fray as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Almost every racial leader has a reason to dislike Garrosh. Out of the Horde, Baine has the least motivation. He simply disagrees with Garrosh's motives, and had some problems with him over water in his short story. As for Sylvanas, Thrall actually put the Kor'kron in Undercity after the events of the Wrathgate. Garrosh simply reinforced the notion and saw things personally during Cataclysm.

The only racial leaders that don't have a personal vendetta against Garrosh are Velen, Genn, and the Council of Three Hammers. But I suspect they'll add a quest or something in 5.4 so they'll join the fray as well.
    I would actually add Gelbin Mekkatorque to that list. I don't recall him doing anything to the gnomes at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I would actually add Gelbin Mekkatorque to that list. I don't recall him doing anything to the gnomes at all yet.
    I always forget about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I always forget about him.
    No one seems to have love for gnomes these days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Hopefully we lose the fight to Garrosh and as he's about to end us Sargeras crashes in to him like a meteor crushing him in to paste and leading us in to the next expansion.

On a more serious note, I don't think either side will.

the most epic idea ever u should work for blizz lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Hope it's the players who get the Garrosh kill, no leader involved.

But that's fucking delusional, it'll be Thrall.
    So we can have a "Random Band of Adventurers" Kill the Warchief of the Horde lorewise? How about not, that's fucking ridiculous, the entire point of having a Hero present at the death of a final boss is so lore-wise that DOESN'T happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Varian or Jaina would deserve to be the ones who get to end that animal Garrosh. Then again it might be twisted in Horde propaganda into some kind of "Alliance killed our warchief, herp derp" -bullshit. So I say let's give the Horde a chance to do the right thing and prove that they aren't all corrupted assholes and brutes... and also do something with Sylvanas as well. But if they don't, stay out of the way and let the Alliance do the job.
    It's funny that you can only "Do the job" whenever the Horde crumbles in on itself, really that's the ONLY time the Alliance can strike any sort of devastating blow to the Horde, so I'm not suprised.

OT: The Horde has a waay better reason for their Heroes to Kill Garrosh.

Baine - Garrosh killed Cairne
    Vol'Jin - Garrosh placed the Echo Isles under martial law, has the Kor'kron patrolling the Troll Slums, ordered Vol'Jin's execution, executing Troll citizens.
    Varok Saurfang - Garrosh Has completely twisted the Horde into an eerily familiar version of it's former self, Saurfang had promised to Kill Garrosh should he even attempt to lead their people down that path once more (Warsong Hold Dialogue, Letter in Agmar's Hammer).
    Thrall - Garrosh has undermined every effort he made into reforming the Orcs, and returned them to newer-old roots (Warcraft I Blackhand-Style) without the demon corruption, he has undermined every attempt at peace that Thrall strove towards (Though King Varian wasn't the most diplomatic person in the world either to be fair.) and is quite literally killing off the alliances within the Horde that Thrall worked to forge.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-05-19 at 03:46 AM.

Deleted
    I hope it is Alliance. Either Jaina or Varian or both.

However, if it were to be the Horde it should be the future warchief who lands the killing blow. Saurfang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    My hope is that Saurfang will live up to his promise.
    I'm still hoping they decide that it's the best course of action, from a story-telling perspective it would be almost poetic, not to mention Saurfang DID make issue his warning before anyone seemed to have a problem with Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    So we can have a "Random Band of Adventurers" Kill the Warchief of the Horde lorewise? How about not, that's fucking ridiculous, the entire point of having a Hero present at the death of a final boss is so lore-wise that DOESN'T happen.

It's funny that you can only "Do the job" whenever the Horde crumbles in on itself, really that's the ONLY time the Alliance can strike any sort of devastating blow to the Horde, so I'm not suprised.

OT: The Horde has a waay better reason for their Heroes to Kill Garrosh.

Baine - Garrosh killed Cairne
    Vol'Jin - Garrosh placed the Echo Isles under martial law, has the Kor'kron patrolling the Troll Slums, ordered Vol'Jin's execution, executing Troll citizens.
    Varok Saurfang - Garrosh Has completely twisted the Horde into an eerily familiar version of it's former self, Saurfang had promised to Kill Garrosh should he even attempt to lead their people down that path once more (Warsong Hold Dialogue, Letter in Agmar's Hammer).
    Thrall - Garrosh has undermined every effort he made into reforming the Orcs, and returned them to newer-old roots (Warcraft I Blackhand-Style) without the demon corruption, he has undermined every attempt at peace that Thrall strove towards (Though King Varian wasn't the most diplomatic person in the world either to be fair.) and is quite literally killing off the alliances within the Horde that Thrall worked to forge.
    The Alliance constantly defeats the Horde because they are in the right. The only Horde character that should kill Garrosh is Saurfang.

Fuck that! Garrosh goes to Bolvar and takes the Lichking helm, goes to Sunwell and releases Sargeras. Korkron elite and scourge infuse together, that infused being infuses with burning legion. Algalon returns and sayus "Fuck this shit right here" and then the Titans blow up the world.

I've sort of been hoping we'd find a way to have a combined effort. As for the final killing blow Saurfang will play a part.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The REAL question is should Garrosh's chin get posted in Org or SW?

Oh wait, wrong expansion.
    Stormwind has enough chin from Deathwings AND Varians. you don't need more chin.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang will get the killing blow.

hmm.. the thought of jaina burning him to ashes does have some appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like to see Vol'jin do it but since Thrall created the problem he should be the one to "Fix" it...that is if Garrosh hasn't killed him after he pays him a visit.

Would be amusing if he was killed simultaneously by every single person on that list, with multiple arrows, darts, daggers and spells all landing in his chest at the same time, as he fell backwards into a bottomless pit. Thus everyone gets credit!

Seriously though, I hope the players get to finish him off. And I even hope he's not killed, just imprisoned for his crimes and then forgotten.