Poll: Can 4.4 beat Dragonsoul?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I can name a million things more "epic" than Dragon Soul

eating a burrito
    Burritos are epic by default though. Even more epic the all of the most epic raids put together. An Illidary King of Death.

10+ Year Old Account
    game play wise, yes it will.
    story wise not a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    game play wise, yes it will.
    story wise not a chance in hell.
    Do you honestly think Mists' story has been bad considering how much work has been put into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I CBA to search for the quote, but i remember distincly blizzard saying that deathwing encounter will be "the most epic encounter they ever designed". It was around blizzcon. Boy, were they wrong.

I will not say this was the worst encounter i had to face, but definitely one of the worst. Beating on tentacules and blob for 10 minutes, repeating the same phase every 2 minutes, this was an awful encounter. As i was going through the normal and heroic mode, i thought, how can they be so completely out of touch with wat is fun and epic. Because deathwing encounter was neither.

Look at keal thas, the fight has 5 phases, about same length as madness, but none of these phase repeat, it's always new and imaginative. It was right there, right then, seeing how blizzard is completely out of touch, i decided i will not be part of MoP.

If they hold the same standard of quality they did with ToT then ICC and DS shouldn't really be much of a problem to surpass.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ruby Sanctum outdid Dragon Soul.

I dont think Siege of Orgrimmar has anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    you say that as if Firelands and ToCr were better than DS o.O
    I know I enjoyed Firelands more than DS, at least Firelands had new models, the only new models DS had was both Deathwing encounters.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Dragon soul wasn't the most epic raid to be honest but I'm not seeing Siege Of Orgrimmar being any better.

People complained that they reused Dragonblight/Wyrmrest temple, now they're gonna reuse Orgrimmar, people complained the fight with Deathwing was boring because we only faught his tentacles but Garrosh seems like a boring boss himself even if the fight is done better...so I don't know, just my opinion but I could be/hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    am i the only one who came in here expecting this to be a whining thread about how long they think 5.4 will be out O_O
    I thought that aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-05-21 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Dragon soul wasn't the most epic raid to be honest but I'm not seeing Siege Of Orgrimmar being any better.

People complained that they reused Dragonblight/Wyrmrest temple, now they're gonna reuse Orgrimmar, people complained the fight with Deathwing was boring because we only faught his tentacles but Garrosh seems like a boring boss himself even if the fight is done better...so I don't know, just my opinion but I could be/hope I'm wrong.

I thought that aswell.
    Why Garrosh is boring? No boss could be boring when we don't even fight them yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why Garrosh is boring? No boss could be boring when we don't even fight them yet.
    Because he is just an orc, and we are just killing him because he is an asshole and is splitting the Horde with his stupid decisions but he didn't really do anything to be considered a real threat to Azeroth yet.

Of course I don't know what will happen and I did say it's just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

Deleted
    There is no way 5.4 can be worse than DS was. But if they manage to do even worse than that, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I don't see 5.4 being that good really, siege of orgrimmar doesn't sound too fun at all and it's just like dragon soul where the environment and bosses will most likely be rehashed

ICC was great..Dragon Soul is one of the worst raids Blizzard have ever put out.

How can you even group those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Do you honestly think Mists' story has been bad considering how much work has been put into it.
    Yes, they took a basic idea and stretched it thin, there is hardly any flavor text in quests within mop, and if there has been some it's pretty uninteresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hop they don't make this mistake again. I want to see completly different orgrimmar in raid thn we see everyday, same with boss models. Dragon soul was boring also because it don't have new scenery, and there was too few completly new boss models.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Pretty much yeah. They had some good mini stories if you take them out of the context of the big story and look at them in a vacuum. Overall, however the whole Pandaria thing was pretty weak. Flash forward to climax that once again moves ahead the Horde story, removes the leader the majority of the Horde wanted gone anyway. Should be interesting to see how they handle the Alliance fleei*cough* leaving Orgrimmar when it's all over, but I have a feeling it isn't going to make a whole lot of sense.

DS was one of the crappiest raids ever made due to how bad the Madness encounter was.

If SoO ends with Garrosh stepping down/being killed in a raid, someone important dying or having their lore advanced dramatically (besides Garrosh), and someone else stepping in as Warchief who isn't Thrall...SoO won't be too bad.

If SoO ends with Garrosh being "possessed" by the "Seventh Sha" aka Sha of Pride, and we end up having to kill the Sha instead of Garrosh, and Garrosh gives some flowery speech about how he has learned the error of his ways (and possibly staying on as Warchief) OR involves any element of Thrall saving the day/coming back as Warchief, AND/OR involves multiple Anduin cutscenes, it will be a patch horrible beyond imagining.

I'm already pretty certain Blizzard is going to go with the whole "Garrosh possessed by the Seventh Sha" thing, which is...not good.

Deleted
    ANYTHING can beat Dragonsoul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they could Have the only Boss in 5.4 Be Patchwerk and it would outdo dragonsoul.

Not having a raid would still beat dragon soul.