Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    While I'll agree with you, It's really hard to deny hard facts. People actually prefer BING over google 2:1.
    Wasn't that also in their commercials?

I should make a commercial showing how sinful being straight is and see if it catches on.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    While I'll agree with you, It's really hard to deny hard facts. People actually prefer BING over google 2:1.
    Can you prove this and not just say "well its in there commercial so it has to be true"

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I agree 100% with everything he said in his video.

Now lets sit back and watch the show
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    6+ year Xbox guy here, been using the Xbox since near launch of the original Xbox, thought I'd share my opinion. (Might end up being lengthy, its late at night where I live and Twitch.tv is down so I'm bored as shit, will have a TL;DR at the bottom)

So, Xbox 360 seems like its just been the console to use in English speaking countries, the UK, Canada, United States, etc. and its really shown. When I hear people talk about games on campus, its usually Xbox 360. When I meet new people and talk about their interests, if they are a gamer of some sort, they generally are Xbox players. I know a few people who play PS3, but for the most part where I'm from the Playstation was just really the unpopular choice for this generation. Needless to say, previous gens were pretty much ruled by Sony in my area (PS1/PS2).

The reason the Xbox 360 was so popular in my opinion is that for one, it came out earlier than the Playstation 3. It was also much cheaper than the Playstation 3 as well, and it also had Halo at the time, a very much aspiring first party title at the time. Halo 3 was probably one of the biggest features of the Xbox 360, and is a major contributor to it's success. Have you seen Halo nowadays? It's fan-base is virtually non-existant to what it was back in '07 when it was at its most popular state. Now? Most people HATE the direction 343i took the Halo franchise. Hell, the Reclaimer trilogy isn't even a supposed trilogy anymore, I forgot the source but its been said they will be making the Reclaimer trilogy into a saga.

Bungie was the reason Xbox 360 did so freaking well. Bungie is now multiplatform with their new IP 'Destiny' and its confirmed that Sony and Bungie/Activision are in a partnership together to make Destiny 'better played' on the Playstation 4. People are recognizing the potential of this game, and I'll just tell you guys its going to take the world of gaming by storm. Playstation advertises the shit out of Destiny, its one of the first games listed on their official website, and after pretty much any Destiny video the Sony logo is slapped at the end.

But the real reason Playstation 4 is going to compete better where I live now (and in the rest of the U.S. for that matter) is that Microsoft has been flip flopping all over the place, people are STILL confused about what the hell they are doing, they have gotten a shit ton of bad PR going for them, and the most important factor right now, the PRICE POINT. Don't get me wrong, I believe both consoles are carrying some pretty hefty prices, but the PS4 is most certainly more attractive to the budget minded. With the PS4, you can get the system, a game, and a year of PS+ (which also gives you free games) for the same price as just the Xbox One by itself. Thats fucking insane.

The Xbox One with one game, and a year of XBL will put you at almost $650 with taxes factored in. Add another game (cause who the hell buys just one game for a console) and your at over $700 to get the console and have a proper experience on it, as to where the PS4 would be just under the $600 mark for 2 games, 1 year PS+ and the console. Microsoft NEEDS to come up with a way to get that product to the consumer for a cheaper price. Hell, thats the main reason I'm going with PS4 this round, is cause of the price! Unbundle the Kinect, let it be subsidized by including a 2 year contract of XBL gold (for example $349 + 2-year XBL gold contract reccuring monthly). This would make it so much more attractive. Also, stop with the PR madness, stay consistent, and don't make yourselves look ridiculous to thousands, if not millions of viewers (looking at you, Don Mattrick).

I think both consoles will sell well, the Xbox One will probably still outsell the PS4 here in the U.S., but I believe Sony will keep Microsoft on their toes for sure in the U.S. market. Sony has pretty much been doing everything right so far, all they have to do now is not fuck it up.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Snbip
    Great post, really encapsulate what I think is the majority view right now without sounding biased or fanboyish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    late to the party but I dont get why people care if they changed their mind on something before it was even released. I dont see why that would impact a purchasing decision. all that matters is what they actually go through with not what they consider doing.
    You can't be serious surely.

Can a multi billion company act like a 6 year old ? MS proves it can. We will remove some of the nonsensical drm now that players have chosen to boycott our xbox1, but we are taking our toys back as well. It's hard to take those guys seriously anymore.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I have no idea what relevance Google v Bing has to Sony in any way.
    These days the slightest praise for any product or service that's a direct competitor for Microsoft automatically assigns you the title of "Sony Fanboy".

I suppose the inverse is true as well, although I don't see as many.. agitated Sony fans these days.

*Tin foil hat time*
    But does anyone else believe that Microsoft had all of this planned right from the start? It's a (sadly) common - yet effective - marketing tactic. Offer a product/service that's initially crappy, then turn around and "improve" it. It builds a quicker goodwill amongst customers, and offers a better long-term loyalty chance. Later on down the road, an XBone yea-sayer can turn to a Nay-sayer, and say, "Oh, but look! They actually listened to their customers and changed their policies!" When, in fact, it was the plan all along. Something tells me Microsoft's trying to play the Long Game. A multi-billion dollar company, with access to almost literally infinite resources to screw up like this? Just seems fishy to me......

Quote Originally Posted by wreliq View Post
    *Tin foil hat time*
    But does anyone else believe that Microsoft had all of this planned right from the start? It's a (sadly) common - yet effective - marketing tactic. Offer a product/service that's initially crappy, then turn around and "improve" it. It builds a quicker goodwill amongst customers, and offers a better long-term loyalty chance. Later on down the road, an XBone yea-sayer can turn to a Nay-sayer, and say, "Oh, but look! They actually listened to their customers and changed their policies!" When, in fact, it was the plan all along. Something tells me Microsoft's trying to play the Long Game. A multi-billion dollar company, with access to almost literally infinite resources to screw up like this? Just seems fishy to me......
    Reminds me of Blizz and their expansion will fix this strategy You can only act based on what is now. With Xbox1 that means don't preorder the console untill MS makes it into something that is made for gamers.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    These days the slightest praise for any product or service that's a direct competitor for Microsoft automatically assigns you the title of "Sony Fanboy".

I suppose the inverse is true as well, although I don't see as many.. agitated Sony fans these days.
    Apple Fanboy = Sony Fanboy?

*Tin foil hat time*
    When it was just "draconic DRM" then I wasn't so sure, but only selling the console in half of Europe and North America and ignoring the Asian market was totally over the top. It really wouldn't surprise me if this was all a marketing stunt.

Still won't be buying an Xbox One.

*Tin foil hat time*
    I very much doubt it considering what they did caused the PS4 to leap ahead in pre-orders, losing MS many potential customers and making many other distrustful, not to mention the fact that Major Nelson in his interview with Angry Joe was getting extremely riled up about the negative talk about DRM and the notion that it was easy to remove.

In my opinion, the 180 they pulled was last minute and was almost entirely based on the PS4 outselling them several times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you still have to call up Microsoft in order to freeze payments for xbox live or move to a silver plan?

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Apple Fanboy = Sony Fanboy?
    With Microsoft logic, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once more why are you bring up shit that happen years ago by sony when we are talking about what Microsoft is doing RIGHT NOW.
    what Microsoft is doing right now is making a drm free console.. why are you bringing up the past lol..

Deleted
    How many of u buy xbox just for the controller? Sony did a great improvement to it's controller so it's a viable option now.

I am going to buy a Xbox One. DRM policies or not. Microsoft is actually making a new console, where Sony is just upgrading a PS3 console with more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko View Post
    I am going to buy a Xbox One. DRM policies or not. Microsoft is actually making a new console, where Sony is just upgrading a PS3 console with more power.
    Like what having a STB in a machine, everything that was new has now been scrapped.

Care to enlighten us how the Xbox One is a new console and the PS4 isn't? Microsoft's failure to up the power as considerably as the PS4 did isn't exactly a point in it's favour.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand that statement. xbox one won't be an upgrade from the 360?

so you want to go with the MS console which is almost identical to the PS4 barring a higher price and lower speed ram?

Deleted
    *Tin foil hat time*
    But does anyone else believe that Microsoft had all of this planned right from the start? It's a (sadly) common - yet effective - marketing tactic.
    So losing trust of customers is "effective" tactic? Do you even realise how ridiculous that is? They lose shitload of money because of used games marked, they definitely would have the DRM thing if Sony would have had it also.