Well I agree on you with almost 100% But beside yeah the primary DRM with used games is not as big in Japan or in denmark(where i am from)But the reason Sony and nintendo did not do it. Is because They had probaly talked about it, But there was a majority who actually had a brain and decied, If we try this, we will be murdered. True used copies is not as big in denmark. I can not recall seeing a used game store. But also just Sony and Nintendo had the brain to Think ahead of the backlash
    To bad we will never know, Sony could have done a 180 as soon as MS did thier announcement and rewrote thier e3 presentation for all we know. whats done is done, There have been so many fucking things in the history of e3 that were announced at e3 but changed later before release. Why this one has got your panties in a bundle is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Err..now I know its a saying and all, but really? You think this PR has been to a benefit? Your sale story is in now way the same as what microsoft have done with DRM.
    Don't worry, it doesn't matter what they did people will buy their product because this is the bad boy girl crush disease of business. you can be a douchebag and threat your girl bad, but those occasional days you buy her flowers or give her a compliment or are generally nice she will be all "Ah look at jimmy, he's really trying" and she's yours forever aslong as you threat her really nice every now and then. But if you give a girl a flower everyday for 10 years it will cause the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    U are right!
    The differences are negligible. The ps3 is stronger than the Xbox360 too but that didn't really change how the games played, they were still developed and produced the same. PS3 games just had uncompressed sound because of the blu ray disks but not that Xbox One has blu ray too it wont matter the slightest bit.

I dont really have a dog in this race as Id be willing to buy either console depending on which is better in my eyes. So far I have to say the Xbox One looks more promising altogether. Having to spend the extra 100 to get Kinect with the games doesnt bother me as it will make the device more of a staple in games moreso than simply a gimmick as developers can reliably create games for it without having to worry that their games are only available to a smaller percentage of the Xbox One market. What has sold me so far though has to be what really matters in a console debate... the games. Xbox One has shown it has more exclusive and more promising ones imo. Sony also has lost some of their exclusive franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. I always go with the system that pushes the better games I enjoy and (so far) that appears to be the Xbox One.

Like with all consoles, I'll only buy it if they have enough interesting exclusives

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    This statement is so stupid. They remodeled their controller so it now got real triggers, has more weight, has far better grip than DS3 and has a touchpad. Also PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One.

More powerful? care to explain. Their very close in being identical to graphics and such. they are not "MORE POWERFUL."
    Should of used a word like slightly.

It comes down to personal preference. Exclusives are what many people go for. Xbox seems to have many more games that look better. What Xbox did at E3 is the past and regardless i will still be buying one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    More powerful? care to explain. Their very close in being identical to graphics and such. they are not "MORE POWERFUL."

It comes down to personal preference. Exclusives are what many people go for. Xbox seems to have many more games that look better. What Xbox did at E3 is the past and regardless i will still be buying one.
    I think people make assumptions way too much. Both consoles will more than likely play and feel the same. On paper though, the PS4 does have what seems to be better specs, but that doesn't necessarily make it more powerful. Also people have to remember, in the console world developers develop the game around the machine, so no matter what game it is you play on your console, it will probably perform well, considering while in development it was made to be played on that particular console.

And everything you said is right, exclusives are a huge part of the console choosing process. But its more than personal preference, its price and ecosystem. The fact that the PS4 has a $100 price difference (inb4 'lol who duznt have 100 doll hairs lawl') is a huge favor for it. I feel like one of the many reasons the Xbox 360 did so well was that it was cheaper and it came out sooner, and it also had one hell of an exclusive; Halo. Halo has been milked now, and long time fans have become desensitized to it, including myself. So they still have that going for them, but Halo isn't as huge as it used to be. (Hop on Halo 4 right now and look at the amount of people playing, its barely anything.)

Then theres also the ecosystem. Xbox tends to be the console of choice for shooters and online play, while Playstation tries to go for a more all around approach it seems. Though, the Playstation 4 makes me think its trying to get its online community more active for this next generation (by including a bundled headset with every console, and making PS+ required for multiplayer, which in theory should help Sony support its Playstation Network more through the additional revenue).
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account

More powerful is the correct term, if I have 5 sausages and you have 4 I still have more sausages, it doesnt matter to what degree or how much more it is, only if he had said its way more powerful would you have a point, the PS4 is more powerful end of story (its been discussed to death in this thread and proven many times, do your own search). Being close graphically is more down to developers not knowing how to push the respective consoles yet, its too early for them to differentiate too much, but I think we'll see similar to this generation, although more powerful probably graphically not much difference. Does'nt stop the PS3 or PS4 being more pwoerful however you want to warp it to your own stance.
    Xbox exlusives look like the usual xbox fare, only one that interests me is project sparks, the rest are no better/worse than ps4 exclusives personally. People are happy to forgive xbox their mistakes which is fine, but to say xbox is making a new console and sony isnt is a stupid comment (the guy you quoted was replying in response to that post)
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-06-23 at 04:45 AM.

That fusion controller is actually a current gen controller and I dunno if the ps4 is backwards compatible with old controllers.
    It will probably be a little while before we see a ps4 version because they will need to put the share button on there somewhere

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

PS4: 18 unified compute units (1.84 teraflops)
    vs
    360: 12 compute units (1.2 teraflops)

Pretty clear who the winner is here. Not by a small margin either.

PS4: 8GB GDDR5 (176GB/s bandwidth)
    vs
    Xbone: 8GB DDR3 RAM (68GB/s bandwidth) plus 32MB of ESRAM (102GB/s)

More work for the developers as they have to move data in and out of the ESRAM for processing with the small size of the said ESRAM limiting things that could be done - not to mention the limitations of the 68GB/s DDR3 RAM.

This statement is so stupid. They remodeled their controller so it now got real triggers, has more weight, has far better grip than DS3 and has a touchpad. Also PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One.
    I see the touchpad in the middle going the same way sixaxis did and that was a gimick that never got used or was poorly used. And as someone who plays alot of console FPS i do not like the location of the dual analogs, i much prefer the xbox's configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I see the touchpad in the middle going the same way sixaxis did and that was a gimick that never got used or was poorly used.
    You mean like the Kinect?

Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    You mean like the Kinect?

Yes becuase the playstation didnt have the playstation move. Also nice job comparing the motion camera vs a controller feature. Im not a fan of any of the motion shit, One of the main reasons i hardly touch nintendo anymore. I dont like the wii/psmove/kinect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yes becuase the playstation didnt have the playstation move. Also nice job comparing the motion camera vs a controller feature. Im not a fan of any of the motion shit, One of the main reasons i hardly touch nintendo anymore. I dont like the wii/psmove/kinect.
    Comparing gimicky and poorly implemented systems.

Good thing you have a choice to not get the kin.... Oh right, you don't have the choice.

Let's not forget your constant parroting of 'the consoles aren't even released yet, things can change'

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Some of those exclusives aren't entirely exclusive as some of the games will be on the pc as well. I believe Titanfall is on pc and some others as well.

Spend on whatever you think is right, just remember it does cost 100+ bucks more. I could argue that M$ suck for not sticking to their guns but whatever, you're the consumer.

Deleted
    was there any word yet as to the Xbone controller being compatible with pc like the 360con was ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    was there any word yet as to the Xbone controller being compatible with pc like the 360con was ?
    Not sure, but I'd bet money it will be.

Quick reminder: This is the Xbox One discussion thread. If you want to discuss the PS4, there's a thread for that. I know console comparisons will come up, but try not to start console vs. console debates here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    ... Some of those exclusives aren't entirely exclusive as some of the games will be on the pc as well. I believe Titanfall is on pc and some others as well.

Spend on whatever you think is right, just remember it does cost 100+ bucks more. I could argue that M$ suck for not sticking to their guns but whatever, you're the consumer.
    Well in my eyes and in the eyes of many others we will only console game for new games because we dont want to fork over the extra cash in order to upgrade our PC so it has the proper specs, meaning that whether its on PC as well is mostly irrelevant. Plus some people just prefer the console experience as a whole more, when given the choice. So something like Titanfall imo would give an edge to the XBOne over the PS4 for a good amount of consumers.

And as I said before PS4 losing exclusives like MGS and Kingdom Hearts to me really hurts them. We know Xbox will keep its money makers with Halo and Gears of War and they seem to be getting solid third party support already with exclusives from Capcom (Resident Evil), Crytek (Crysis), Remedy (Alan Wake), and Insomniac Games (Ratchet and Clank).

I do admit Knack and Infamous look kinda cool for PS4 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well in my eyes and in the eyes of many others we will only console game for new games because we dont want to fork over the extra cash in order to upgrade our PC so it has the proper specs, meaning that whether its on PC as well is mostly irrelevant. Plus some people just prefer the console experience as a whole more, when given the choice. So something like Titanfall imo would give an edge to the XBOne over the PS4 for a good amount of consumers.

And as I said before PS4 losing exclusives like MGS and Kingdom Hearts to me really hurts them. We know Xbox will keep its money makers with Halo and Gears of War and they seem to be getting solid third party support already with exclusives from Capcom (Resident Evil), Crytek (Crysis), Remedy (Alan Wake), and Insomniac Games (Ratchet and Clank).

I do admit Knack and Infamous look kinda cool for PS4 though.
    As I said, Titanfall is also PC (and as many others as a lot of people have said before, in fact I am sure that a lot of them will get ported) and it isn't that hard to upgrade the pc at all. Heck, before I upgraded my CPU to the intel i5-3550, I only spent 500 bucks and even then my computer was already better than the 180.

And Sony has naughty dog so that is just 100x better than most of them anyway xD.

Besides, it is very useless to talk about how well each of them will do because the system hasn't been released. I personally think the 180 won't do that well.