Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It has already been proven you get well over 500$ a year on PSN+ Game sells and discounts and sony has done stated you will not need PSN+ to play there f2p games like Warframe/DCUO/Black Light ect...

PSN+ deals/sells beats XBL by miles to the point where not Microsoft is copying it in a real crappy way. Hell if you got PSN+ when the Ps4 comes out you get Drive Club.

Also PSN+ is 50$ a year here in the US and XBL is 60$ a year.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:02 PM ----------

You do have to pay to pre-order at Gamestop/Game but not sure about amazon.

At Gamestop if I remember right you must put down 20$ to pre-order a console. It dose not even matter if they are putting down cash or not the video still shows that at this time the Ps4 is getting pre-ordered miles ahead of anything XboxOne.
    Oh, so all of a sudden Microsoft competes with Sony now? Really? Because I thought you said that Microsoft has no competition: "Steam dose sells because there is other programs like Green Man Gaming that do sells so they got competition there is no competition on the XboxOne it's MS's own little world." And you completely dodged the part where I debunked your claim that there is no competition on Xbox One, as game prices are set by publishers who compete with each other. There is no cost to preordering on Amazon. Also, I'm still waiting for those economics papers that show that restricting resale doesn't reduce prices that you said existed. Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol yes but youre using a crappy list of top sellers to prove a point.. when its over 4-5 months away from launch.
    Once again your are ignoring what I said.

Many people rush out and reserve Upcoming Games/Consoles its stupid to ignore this and you know Microsoft is looking at those numbers as well. Pre-ordering is Lay-Away for a lot of people and as it stands now Ps4 is miles ahaed it dose not matter that its 5 months away or even if it was 1 year away. Pre-orders effect the sells of Consoles/Games a lot and that is why sony has done stated they are going to have to make more consoles because they are selling a lot more then they originally though.

Your Argument of it being 5 months away prove's nothing when things like the next COD is getting reserved a year before its release.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Oh, so all of a suddenly Microsoft competes with Sony now? Really? Because I thought you said that Microsoft has no competition: "Steam dose sells because there is other programs like Green Man Gaming that do sells so they got competition there is no competition on the XboxOne it's MS's own little world." And you completely dodged the part where I debunked your claim that there is no competition on Xbox One, as game prices are set by publishers who compete with each other. Also, I'm still waiting for those economics papers that show the restricting resale doesn't reduce prices that you said existed. Where are they?
    I did not say they compete I said I compared them on the sells they do and Microsoft falls way behind don't put words in my mouth.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The papers is basic economics. If digital copy's are not even cheaper then disk why do you think a DRM market will be cheaper then a Non-DRM market. Also as money grabbing as MS is why do you even think they will run any deals worth having.

This argument go's both ways I can't prove that MS won't do deals but you can't prove they will all I can do is compare them to other company's running sells like sony's PSN+ and Microsoft is failing hard on doing sells.
    Basic economics? Really? Like what? Citation needed.

Like this?

Also, prices are determined by how much people are willing to pay, not necessarily by the cost of production. So if people are willing to pay as much for digital as disc, then prices will be the same. With DRM, people are willing to pay less because of the restrictions, so the prices should fall.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-06-18 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post21413036

He said there are papers. Where are they?
    = ) Take that up with him. This wasn't my comment.

Deleted
    playstation plus is changing.. you cannot expect the same deals, and even price for the ps4 (until its confirmed). Ignoring the fact that xbox live will be doing the exact same thing now as plus (free games already happening, deals etc). Its no longer a positive anymore for playstation because you get the same deals and better social aspects with an xbox. I hate xbox live.. but its now officially better than playstation plus imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Having to wait hours for something to download / update on playstation network just doesnt appeal to me.
    If you was having problems downloading/updating from PSN it was something on your end not Sony's

I myself and many others have used both XBL/PSN and had no problems and there is a few basic reasons why downloads/updates could have been slow like a strict nat setting.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    playstation plus is changing.. you cannot expect the same deals, and even price for the ps4. Especially ignoring the fact that xbox live will be doing the exact same thing now (free games already happening). Its no longer a plus anymore for playstation because you get the same deals and better social aspects with an xbox. I hate xbox live.. but its now officially better than playstation plus imo.
    And there first 2 free games is a 5$ game and a 10$ game on the Xbox360.......

Yes PSN+ is charging but nothing prove's they won't keep the same sells going that is just your opinion. The fact they said you will get Drive Club "a new released PS4 title" with PSN+ kinda proves they will still do good sells.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I did not say they compete I said I compared them on the sells they do and Microsoft falls way behind don't put words in my mouth.
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. That is what you said. I quoted you: "Steam dose sells because there is other programs like Green Man Gaming that do sells so they got competition there is no competition on the XboxOne it's MS's own little world." And you are wrong. There is competition between game developers.

You also said "Many studies prove you [that's me] wrong just google it". Now suddenly, there's no "studies", instead it's "basic economics", whatever the hell that suppose to be.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-06-18 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The $50 price was confirmed at E3 if I remember correctly. While Xbox Live remains $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The $50 price was confirmed at E3 if I remember correctly. While Xbox Live remains $60.
    Yep pricing will stay the same at lease for PSN+ not sure about XBL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not putting words in your mouth. That is what you said. I quoted you: "Steam dose sells because there is other programs like Green Man Gaming that do sells so they got competition there is no competition on the XboxOne it's MS's own little world." And you are wrong. There is competition between game developers.
    Sorta though. If Fifa 14 is $60 on XBLA, who are they competing with for the sale of Fifa 14 on Xbox? No one competes with Fifa for futball games. Why reduce the price or have a sale when the only option for a good futball game on Xbox, is Fifa?

Now of coarse this does not hold true for all genres. As for FPS's, there is a ton of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sorta though. If Fifa 14 is $60 on XBLA, who are they competing with for the sale of Fifa 14 on Xbox? No one competes with Fifa for futball games. Why reduce the price or have a sale when the only option for a good futball game on Xbox, is Fifa?

Now of coarse this does not hold true for all genres. As for FPS's, there is a ton of competition.
    Why tie that argument to Xbox Live?

Let's reword it: "If Fifa 14 is $60, who are they competing with for the sale of Fifa 14? No one competes with Fifa for futball games. Why reduce the price or have a sale when the only option for a good futball game is Fifa?"

Games are somewhat substitutable (although not completely), if Fifa is too expensive, perhaps you'll buy a cheaper sports game.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-06-18 at 03:25 PM.

Has anything been detailed on what happens in the event of system failure?

You purchase an XB1 and you've built a library of 25 games.
    You take the XB1 to your parents house for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
    While stopping somewhere, your car is broken into and the XB1 is stolen. Or the system bricks on you (RROD 2.0, damn youse!). Or the cat blows it up because cats do that. You get the point, something happens to the console.
    You buy a new XB1.

Now, since the games were all associated with your account, I assume it's smooth sailing to just re-install on a new XB1 once you register the new one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You buy a new XB1.

Now, since the games were all associated with your account, I assume it's smooth sailing to just re-install on a new XB1 once you register the new one?
    Yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account

While stopping somewhere, your car is broken into and the XB1 is stolen. Or the system bricks on you (RROD 2.0, damn youse!). Or the cat blows it up because cats do that. You get the point, something happens to the console.
    You buy a new XB1.

Or you send it in for repair, and they preserve your data and transfer it to either a new Xbox, or just repair the one you have and you still have your data.

You buy a new XB1.

Your games will be tied to your XboxLive account so I would think you just redownload them.

kinda like how if you install steam on another pc you log in and redownload it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    buying xbox one as my main console, with ps4 for the exclusives only, Hate the current ps3 controller always prefered xbox interface / peripherals. Having to wait hours for something to download / update on playstation network just doesnt appeal to me. Live has always been and more than likely always will be better for multiplayer. having said all that though, if a title is available for pc as well as the consoles, I will buy on pc.
    I find XBOX live very bad (I live in Europe, the Netherlands). Our internet connection is fine but when I play on my Xbox 360 I DC atleast once a hour, and after I relogg its all good and well. I called them about this, and they said it was just bad luck if it 'sometimes' couldnt connect.

Microsoft costumer service isnt really great... I hope live works beter on the xbox one for me. But so far PS4 wins it.

That's what I figured, but wasn't sure the details.

The thing that still irks me about digital games with consoles is the price. Sony and Microsoft are both guilty of it. The digital download from PSN or XBL is often damn near physical retail price on release day. That's always given me the frownies.

I'd rather own the case, disc, etc. and have a presented library of games over a digital library when the price is equal.

But then, I'm also one of those kooks that's going back to rebuild my Atari, NES, etc, etc, etc cartridge libraries as well.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-06-18 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda curious, regarding game streaming from friends. If I am playing Game A, and a friend wants to play Game B from my system. Can I still continue playing Game A while my friend plays game B? Will game B running effect my game A? Will this be using my bandwidth? Or is this all stored on MS's servers and they stream from there after authenticating as one of the friends in my circle?

Anyone have any insight on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at Steam. AAA games are still released at $60. They just fall faster than console pricing.
    Mircosoft doesn't set the prices, developers do.
    Steam sales don't arbitrarily happen. This is the same thing you have been claiming before. You did nothing but make your own hands tired and regurgitate the same thing over and over. So much so that you link your own posts as credible sources. (I have seriously never seen anyone do that before. I have a credible source..it's me!)

Those big sales exist because they're a business model and strategic plan for a company. Steam's whole strategy is shaped around this as a free service.

Microsoft however has not and does not advertise the console in this way. On that note....
    I'm still waiting for those economics papers that show that restricting resale doesn't reduce prices that you said existed. Where are they?
    Costs going down and restricting resale is an irrelevant, moot point----->http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-to-be-the-hub
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-06-18 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So okay. I am trying to get the overall picture from sony's and microsoft's e3 presentation. It is obvious that Sony took advantage of all the fire that Microsoft caused.

I despised the xbox one for what it was doing but after a week of trying to figure out what was going on, it was very clear at this point that Microsoft did a terrible presentation. The feature to allow your family members to play your games is mind-balling. The feature that I can use to allow my friends to play my games while I play theirs is also good. Their used game feature is there just so the publisher can get some money off sales from used games. It sucks that you have to authenticate every 24 hours so your system isn't useless. It sucks that the cost is so high and that the Kinect is already inside the system. It sucks that they are now finally doing what Sony did with their playstation plus service and provide all these benefits while Microsoft is just starting. If anyone else can add, please do.

Now the PS4 has done a very good job on what it did. Playstation Plus for less than 5 bucks a month (practically the same price as microsoft's gold membership) is already better than the gold membership. It exploited every possible fire that microsoft caused with its unveiling. You can lend games and sell games to anyone. System is cheaper. System is equal or better to a certain extent. Yadadada.

There is no doubt in my mind that Microsoft won't be doing that well in their beginning. I just can't see them doing that well. Microsoft fucked up so hard with their presentation and didn't talk about the positivity with the xbox one as much as they should have. We'll see what they do and I am hoping they can do well, because having a one sided console war isn't good for anyone.