Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    How exactly? The only thing people bitching about that stood out was the online connection. You can still play friends games or pre-owned games, you can use external storage and I'm sure they will use cloud storage like ever fucking company. Go on I know nothing will stop you people. Bitch and bitch and bitch.
    And you know they funny part is? I don't even play big xbox games anymore, its my Netflix/indie machine and thats it, I'm just tired of you people with your head so far up each other asses.
    Are you fucking kidding me? Didn't you read the last pages? You CANNOT play friends games because you have to FUCKING PAY A GODDAMN FEE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    it will be $399 before all the extra bullshit you need to be and I bet it all has to be MS brand LOL.
    Haha, I fucking bet my right ball that will happen xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Ps3 some games do some don't it just depends.

With the next gen titles being so much more huge I can see installing being a must because of the transfer rate being so low it could take 10mins just to load a screen.

But a lot of games on the ps3 you don't have to.
    PS4, I mistyped.

I got a Ps3 some games do some don't it just depends.

With the next gen titles being so much more huge I can see installing being a must because of the transfer rate being so low it could take 10mins just to load a screen.

But a lot of games on the ps3 you don't have to.
    Even when it does make you install, its totally different.

One requires every game be installed, FULL install.

Most HD games are around 10gb-20gb right now. Next gen we will probally be looking at 20g+

Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Someone said something about vacation earlier, but really? Who the heck takes their gaming console on vacation with them? It defeats the purpose! Chances are the logging in once a day thing would never affect you, ever.
    Since I was younger I've almost always taken my console with me on vacation. Even if I don't use it, I like to have it. Usually vacation is a family vacation, meaning I'm stuck at my grandmas out in the country with no car and my only activities are what the family is doing. It's nice to have the console when we're just sitting around my grandmas and nothing is going on. They don't have internet out there, so I wouldn't be able to take it anymore.

Another point to add with the internet going down though...My internet doesn't go down often, but it does happen, and when it does I resort to single player games. Most of my PC games are online multiplayer games so my PC becomes useless and I'll play on the console for a few hours...so much for that unless you've been online in the last 24 hours.

I don't care that my internet is perfectly stable, rarely crashes, and is plenty fast enough. An always online req would barely effect me, but when my internet does go down I want to be able to use my equipment that I spent hundreds of dollars on. I don't even care that the internet connection is only required once a day, even that's too much because there's still a possibility that some day I won't be able to use it simply because my internet is out.

Show me a "next gen" console that doesn't have all these inconveniences (always online, additional fees for used games) and I'll pick that one instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post

Most HD games are around 10gb-20gb right now. Next gen we will probally be looking at 20g+

how big in the BF3 install right now on xbox with all dlc? and hd updates i think its like 24gb or so.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yeah im usually a bit of an xbox fan, never really liked playstation, always been an xbox guy. but they could not have fucked this up anymore, its like they sat at the table and said "what can we do, to make every one hate us?"
    Do everything listed so far while being in bed with EA and Activision.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Let me guess, their still going to charge you to use Xbox Live? Facepalm if true.

PS network is getting better and better(also PS network plus is arguably better than Xbox Live, does Xbox Live give you good free games? I don't think so), and ITS FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    how big in the BF3 install right now on xbox with all dlc? and hd updates i think its like 24gb or so.
    Before I got rid of my xbox 360 ya the BF3 with all DLC is around 24gig's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Let me guess, their still going to charge you to use Xbox Live? Facepalm if true.

PS network is getting better and better(also PS network plus is arguably better than Xbox Live), and ITS FREE.
    I saw a panel discussing that earlier, they said it will still be a subfee for Live. Was hoping they'd scrap the entire sub model, guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post

I know that was what I was saying.

Next gen game installs are going to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    VI DE O GAME CONSOLE!

I REPEAT AGAIN VIDEO, GAME, CONSOLE.

USED TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH! THAT IS WHY WE BUY THEM, THAT IS WHY WE USE THEM, NOBODY BUYS A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT THE REST IS A BONUS!

someone else is clearly the stupid one if you think complaining that a VIDEO GAME console did not show any VIDEO GAMES is a bad thing.

NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD SAID IM GOING TO BUY THAT VIDEO GAME CONSOLE TO BE MY MULTIMEDIA PLATFORM! THEY SAID IM GOING TO BUY THAT VIDEO GAME CONSOLE BECAUSE I LIKE THAT VIDEO GAME.

why do they call it the xbox one? because it only has one use, to collect dust

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 05:45 PM ----------

thats bullshit, people still buy phones to talk to people. nobody buys a phone to listen to music or play games, they may like those features, they may enjoy them alot, but nobody ever buys one FOR those reasons
    Really? I'm the stupid one? At least I realize that all the games info will be shown at E3 that will be coming up soon. You act like it was a sin that Microsoft didn't show a full line up of games coming out for the One. Guess what!? That's what E3 is for! You know, the whole purpose of E3...to showcase games. Microsoft showed us all the aspects of the new console...not just the video game portion of it (which they did show some of). To sit there and act like some self entitled little prick who thinks that a new console should be for games and games ONLY shows your general lack of knowledge of current events. Companies like Microsoft and Sony HAVE to make their consoles do it all, not just games, in order to stay competitive and move units. People WANT their console to be able to do more than just play games. And why not? It only makes sense to have 1 thing do it all for you in the living room. Just because you think a company should cater to you and you only (and believe me, you're definitely in the minority when it comes to wanting a console for games only) just shows your general lack of knowledge. Get with the times or get out.

And the part about the cell phones. Wow. Considering that if people wanted to buy phones just to talk to people, then they could get a phone that's not a smart phone. That is usually not the case. Smart phones offer so much more than just talking nowadays. Most people consider the ability to talk on what is a computer in your hand, the actual bonus feature. Almost everyone I know that has a smartphone, has it for the apps, music, videos, camera, etc, etc. The fact they can actually call someone on it is the bonus part.

You are so out of sync with the times it's sad.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2013-05-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

PS network is getting better and better(also PS network plus is arguably better than Xbox Live, does Xbox Live give you good free games? I don't think so), and ITS FREE.
    If you decided to gt playstation plus right now for a year you get 18 games for free then another 12 over the course of a year..

What dose Xbox Live give you"the player not you" not a dam thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Show me a "next gen" console that doesn't have all these inconveniences (always online, additional fees for used games) and I'll pick that one instead.
    Wii u. Its there, and its always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    --snip--
    The problem is not that they didn't show a line up of games the problem is they didn't show any gameplay of games besides COD and yet want to do better then sony.

The other problem is dam near every bad rumor about this system has been confirmed in some forum or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am no console fan but I am buying all of them! =DD

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    S
    The Wii-u and as it seems right now the Ps4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Snip
    They could start by not advertising it a gaming console then. It's not a gaming console for the same reason my Iphone isn't a gaming console. Just because I can play games on it doesn't make it a gaming hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Even if it did only have "two exclusives", if you're a gamer you'll buy it, along with the PS4 and the Wii U to go along with a PC, if not you're missing out on something.
    FInally... someone who thinks the same as me.. A TRUE GAMER will end up having them all... ALL of the console have good features.. and good exclusives. As a gamer I really don't want to miss out on any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I got rid of my xbox 360 ya the BF3 with all DLC is around 24gig's.

actually i might have been wrong, mines 14gb on my xbox, but i dont have any DLC. thats just the game and HD upgrade thing.
    dragonmaw - EU