Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ToT + 5.3 scenarios > Dragon Soul + its accompanying heroics, for my money

And they've said as their teams grow and improve they will try to provide ToT-quality raids along with new dungeons. Win win.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Heroic scenarios are great, especially since you can't LFD them and have to have a premade group. Best part of new patch imho. Gives back that sense of running with people you know...and if you don't know anyone, and don't want to know anyone...why in the world are you playing an MMO?

I like scenarios...5 mans havent been interesting since BC. Ill take running scenarios for valor over shitty wotlk/cata 5 mans any day

I think heroic scenarios or regular scenarios for that matter are boring and a lame excuse for not making 5 mans.
    I guess if you cant kill a boss in a 10 or 25 man raid and you need gear to do dailies its the only way youll get gear.
    I think they should not make anymore scenarios, just 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Regular scenarios are still very easy to access, heroic scenarios only require you to sign up with two friends. That's really not too much to ask. Furthermore, for as long as something relies on complete randoms in the signup, they can't ever make anything in it even remotely difficult. Just look at LFR, it has to be that easy or else people refuse to do it.

Would you rather sign up with randoms in supposedly "heroic" scenarios where there is no difference from regular ones? As I said earlier though, I agree that heroic Scenarios are a bit too easy, would have loved more dangerous mechanics, but I much prefer this over whatever it would have been like with randoms.

This also encourages people to actually play with friends and guildies, something I feel they should promote more.
    ^^ boldpart iz good.

Couldn't care less about scenarios, but granted haven't had the time to try heroic scenarios yet, might be better..

Deleted
    I love them, and if dungeons were removed (or less dungeons added) I wouldn't miss them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sceptical about heroic scenarios but tbh they are fine, imo fastest way to cap valor points which i like alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Alot of people like them, including me.
    Heroic Scenarios are just a feature for those who think they are better then just the regular ones, and that is good.
    If you don't like them, don't do them.

And no blizzard didn't get any lazyer, or else we didnt get 1 patch each 2 months.
    Pretty much this. I really enjoy scenarios, more than dungeons in fact because of the queue times and sometimes quirkier design. I really like some of the new ones added in 5.3, too.

@OP, not sure why you felt this was worth a topic (it wasn't) but if you don't like scenarios, don't do them. Oh and Blizzard never said 'everyone prefers them' so please be informed next time. Don't pull stuff out of the wrong end of your body to try and make your point.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think heroic scenarios or regular scenarios for that matter are boring and a lame excuse for not making 5 mans.
    Except scenarios don't compete with dungeons in terms of time and resources? Dungeon development competes with raid development. Which is why we got a huge-ass raid in Throne but no 5mans.

i like them.

tho the legs i got from the first hc i just sharded it

I don't think Blizzard included any coding saying that the item from that quest chest would be exactly what you wanted Although since mine dropped an item that replaced my worst item, I can't be sure...

I like them. As someone who's interested somewhat in the lore, it's a good little addition. As someone who's a bit sick of 5 man heroics to valor cap, I'm glad there's a more efficient way. As someone who gets the most fun out of the game by playing with mates, I'll be doing them in guild groups, and it's a nice change to the silence/weirdness of LFD. Plus chance to drop better than LFR loot? Can't really spot the downside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing since sliced bread for people like me who need to vp cap 11 toons a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually enjoyed the heroic scenarios.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Scenarios are a nice addition to the game, but not a replacement for 5-mans. They are extended group quests in practice. This is positive since it means that their design is less set in stone. There is potential to them.

Just did my first heroic scenarios. I'm very impressed. First of all, the challenge is completely appropriate for the level of gear they're designed for. If everyone is in the 480-500 range, it is just like being in a heroic back when they were hard in Cata or BC. Second, they're a lot of fun! You have to focus, you have to use your class abilities, and you can't rely on others to keep you alive. All in all I'd call them a big success. Also, the all-new scenarios for 5.3 are fantastic: well-designed, tightly scripted, good stories, and yeap, they're fun.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel scenarios are a great way to implement lore, and story into quest areas (like how isle of thunder used them)....i like scenarios. they feel more story/objective oriented then your traditional heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Alot of people like them, including me.
    Heroic Scenarios are just a feature for those who think they are better then just the regular ones, and that is good.
    If you don't like them, don't do them.

And no blizzard didn't get any lazyer, or else we didnt get 1 patch each 2 months.
    First time I've ever heard anyone claim Lots of people like them. I use em once, if that for alts for a first time weapon at 90. My guild never does them and I don't see many people on my server enjoying em ever.

I never liked scenarios to be honest

Deleted
    Misc
    What if raiding was an option, daily questing was an option and dungeons were an option?
    Then my expectation is players would choose the most efficient path (not the most fun) and tunnel on that one. ( https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...56845562105856 )
    If these new heroic scenarios are the fastest way to cap valor (are they?) they can just say they are great success. Meh.

Btw, i kinda laughed when i turned that one-time heroic scenario quest back to Taijing the cyclone and he said something like "did you met new friends?". No, i met some ok dude (cant remember his name anymore) and someone who i almost ignored so i would not need to play with him anymore. Maybe i'm just played this game too long and became realist- i mean hater.

Deleted
    I liked the heroic scenarios though I thought they'd be harder.