How to transfer alot of gold across realms effectively?!

Ok so the thing is, ive got around 500k gold and im changing realm but i want to take it with me. I know i cant take all that as a cash stack so i need to buy shit loads of items to dwindle it down to 50k then sell all the items on the new realm... I just dont know which items will be the best to do this with, cos i dont want to get there and not be able to sell the mounts or pets or watever it is that i buy. So if u guys could help me out with some fast selling items that u know of it would be greatly appreciated! Also, im not too bothered about losing a little bit on some items. Cheers.

Deleted
    Swift spectral tiger

mounts for sure would work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check the economy of the server you are transferring to, compare to yours. Buy low, sell high (buy and sell for any amount, or just break evenish).

No offence but I would expect someone with that much gold to understand how to play the AH as well as apply some basic sense, ie; server transfer.

Spam trade all day offering to buy the 1k-5k fortune cards at a slight mark up, 1010g or so for the 1k. Or if you have the cash, transfer a guild with your money in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea of mounts and pets is probably the best option as long as the server you are going to is active enough. I made a new character on a new server the other day and and got him about 20k gold in his first week just by selling extra pets I had.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant you make a guild,deposit gold and then xfer the guild?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    transfer a guild over, they have gold cap as cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny93 View Post
    Ok so the thing is, ive got around 500k gold and im changing realm but i want to take it with me. I know i cant take all that as a cash stack so i need to buy shit loads of items to dwindle it down to 50k then sell all the items on the new realm... I just dont know which items will be the best to do this with, cos i dont want to get there and not be able to sell the mounts or pets or watever it is that i buy. So if u guys could help me out with some fast selling items that u know of it would be greatly appreciated! Also, im not too bothered about losing a little bit on some items. Cheers.
    First of all, it's A LOT (not alot)

Second, TCG items (mounts/pets) and account pets that can be caged.

Do not buy BoE gear.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make a guild, get it to lvl 2 and simply drop all your gold in the gbank. Then buy a guild realm transfer (will cost you 5 dollar/euro more, I think)

Easiest way to do it, as the gbank doesn't have a transfer cap.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check this site: theunderminejournal.com
    See the prices of expensive items on both realms, see if there's stuff you can buy from your current realm and (preferably) resell with profit on the target realm.
    I did this like 2 months ago. Some of the items I bought included some mounts from jewelcraft (took a while to sell), one mount from engineering (the rocket - surprisingly it sold in less than 2 weeks), several battle pets, and some BoE epics.

Another nice thing you can do is check for mats you usually buy for your professions, if they're usually more expensive on the target realm you can buy large quantities of them in your current realm before transfering. I did this and got some nice profit from selling the crafted items.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 2013-05-24 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typos. I do good engrish.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

25$ to transfer one toon and 35$ to transfer your toon a guild and your gold