Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Banned... for the second time, for farming gold excessively.

Logged on today to find my account has been closed again for the same BS reason. "Blizzard has terminated this World of Warcraft license after identifying the usage of bots or other cheat software". It appears that if you make 12-20k gold a day on average and you send all of farming materials to alts to make into more expensive materials and or selling those materials through the cash on delivery option in WoW's in game mail system you are flagged as a bot and banned with no warning. Or if you steal someone's golden lotus and they get mad and /report you, because you're in their farming spot or stealing their herbs/ore. I'm sure this happens atleast 3-5 times a day to me. This happened to me a few months ago and I got it reversed because they will find no "usage of bots or other cheat software" on my account or system. I wish they had a more effective automated system or actually have "real people" investigate because they just insta-ban with no "hard evidence". I will probably get banned again once they reverse it again because I'm not stopping this "excessive farming" until I reach the gold cap. Anyone else get banned multiple times for not "actually" botting but appearing to bot cause this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    Logged on today to find my account has been closed again for the same BS reason. "Blizzard has terminated this World of Warcraft license after identifying the usage of bots or other cheat software". It appears that if you make 12-20k gold a day on average and you send all of farming materials to alts to make into more expensive materials and or selling those materials through the cash on delivery option in WoW's in game mail system you are flagged as a bot and banned with no warning. Or if you steal someone's golden lotus and they get mad and /report you, because you're in their farming spot or stealing their herbs/ore. I'm sure this happens atleast 3-5 times a day to me. This happened to me a few months ago and I got it reversed because they will find no "usage of bots or other cheat software" on my account or system. I wish they had a more effective automated system or actually have "real people" investigate because they just insta-ban with no "hard evidence". I will probably get banned again once they reverse it again because I'm not stopping this "excessive farming" until I reach the gold cap. Anyone else get banned multiple times for not "actually" botting but appearing to bot cause this is getting ridiculous.
    Give em a mouthful and maybe they'll wisen up and put a note on your account that you've got a history of being a false positive.

From what I heard they just upped their bot detection. A buddy of mine that used to bot quite a bit told me that he can't do it anymore because they will catch him if he uses his gathering bots at all.

Assuming what you say is true, they must have upped their "detection" to the point that it will catch anyone farming "too" much.

Deleted
    Quite a few tinfoil hat theories you have going on there.

Deleted
    Just appeal it if you are innocent then you'll get it back in some cases there have been wrongfully bans but it's not often that happens.

Can you instead share how you make 12-20k gold a day? I am really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Farming herbs and ore in Valley of the Four Winds. It is almost impossible to have to many people farming in Valley since the nodes re-spawn so quickly. I farm a lot more than most people. 4-6 hrs a day making 3-3.5k on average an hour.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is just funny It's called playing the AH hell people do that shit for 3-5 hours a day.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can with mining approx 10hours a day between 10-15k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    10 hours of mining? Dang, my eyes would bulge out of my head. Just casually but consistently use your professions... a lot more time effective, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the amount of gold you are able to make is directly proportional to the amount of knowledge you have on the diverse auction house markets (flasks, gems, primals, fish, veggies, buff foods, glyphs, enchants, etc.). How base items can get converted with different professions. The amount of professions you have. How much you gather. And a few other factors. This is all explained in almost every gold-making guide out there, but definitely not worth paying for the information, as anyone can find this out. If you're gonna try your hand at making large amounts of gold, the Auction House addons you use, and how well you use them will play a large role in facilitating this.

To respond to the OP. A friend of mine got banned twice for "making too much gold". Since I have personally seen him play (and picked up a lot of gold-making techniques along the way) I can personally testify that he has never used bots or anything the like. The thing is, Agnar, no automated detection system will be perfect, and there will be false positives with Blizz's. Once my friend made a ticket after the second ban complaining that they were just banning him for being "too good at making gold", they flagged his account so it didn't get banned for that reason again. If you legitimately make your gold and never used a bot, I trust the same can work for you.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    It's hard to believe anyone is mining for 10 hrs/day without bots.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    Well i did in summer 3 years ago for my insane title
    Farmed saronite like a maniac. All the gold I made went for pristine black diamonds, librams, decks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    From what I heard they just upped their bot detection. A buddy of mine that used to bot quite a bit told me that he can't do it anymore because they will catch him if he uses his gathering bots at all.

Assuming what you say is true, they must have upped their "detection" to the point that it will catch anyone farming "too" much.
    Yes a lot of people have stopped botting though still many do ofc. Many also got banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just send them a ticket. But 20k on one day, isn't that ALOT?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    But 20k on one day, isn't that ALOT?
    20K is nothing compared to what some people are making a day. Being self-informative is the best option, apart of any toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    It's not impossible to gather for this many hours. Dedication is key, whilst taking coffee breaks.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-05-16 at 08:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    Farming herbs and ore in Valley of the Four Winds. It is almost impossible to have to many people farming in Valley since the nodes re-spawn so quickly. I farm a lot more than most people. 4-6 hrs a day making 3-3.5k on average an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Now this is just funny It's called playing the AH hell people do that shit for 3-5 hours a day.

Except by his own admission he isn't.

Personally I don't believe people that say they spend 10 hours a day farming herbs. But that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    Just send them a ticket. But 20k on one day, isn't that ALOT?
    Not for a good AH player. Anyone can strive without to much effort to make 5k a day aswell, via AH play.

Ofcourse if the OP bothers to farm as much as he says, he deserves it :P EDIT: Didn't talk about the ban the OP got!" Clarify: I mean't that he deserves the gold, if he farms that much a day. He ofcourse does not deserve a ban for farming that much.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-05-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I farm in excess for up to 8 hours a day on and off - However I only go that hardcore once a week /tops/.
    (Sick IRL - Stay home all day - I find it relaxing and I've got a goal to get a Ghostly Deathcharger so...)

Did you sit there and do nothing but farm? Is this something you just started to do?
    The game does pick up when there's a massive change in activity; Especially when it comes to auction house play and farming.

If you weren't botting they'll be able to tell and if you appeal; They'll unlock your account.
    A lot of these bans are automated from either mass reports or from detecting an extreme change in activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Not for a good AH player. Anyone can strive without to much effort to make 5k a day aswell, via AH play.

Ofcourse if the OP bothers to farm as much as he says, he deserves it :P
    Good to know that farming is ban-worthy in your book...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman