Poll: Best 1v1 class?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything counters Frost DK's in 1v1's. Even Warriors do. Frost DK's and Arms Warriors both horrible at 1v1 and they're basically only good at destroying bad players who have no idea how to manage their defensive abilities or kite.

And Tyrannica, DK's are not hard to master. I'm assuming you're talking about Unholy. Unholy seems confusing at first, but once you have it down its probably easier to play than Frost.

Deleted
    I would say it rather depends on the skill cap of a class.
    In general I would say the players that mastered these clases should be most dangerous in a duel ( obviously all classes have counters right :/ ):
    Rogue - has it all : stunts, gap closers, enough sustained and burst damage ( Remember we talking about master rogues, not omg hur durr, I can't kill people in 1 opener sine 5.3 rogues ), maybe quite low survivability but huge arsenal of escapes and other utilizing abilities
    feral druids - glyph of barsking, + extra heal seems to be doing wonders for ferals at the moment , not to mention those retarded bleeds at high mastery.
    unholy dks - tho they no not require as much skill to master as other classes mentioned here, by controlling their runes with blood tap etc can wreck some serious shit, specially with the new high battle fatigure + buffed necrotic strikes.
    hunters -many people think that it is easy to play hunter good. Tho a level 50 hunter has about the same amount of macros as other 90lvl class.
    Ele shamans - they always were more or less a hidden gem, and now at this state they are really strong. Never played shaman for serious so don't know if they are easy or hard to master tho. ( enh shamans are not really good in duels if other player know what he/she is doing ).
    ww monk - really hard to master ( for me atleast ) , but really rewarding, specially vs. mdps.
    fire/frost mage - both great in duels, frost being a bit better against most of the classes.
    Warlocks - nothing new here I guess, a class built to duel

MMMMmmeeehh, what am I kidding, pick blood dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inanis View Post
    MMMMmmeeehh, what am I kidding, pick blood dk.
    Blood dks do really low damage. It's actually annoying to play a blood dk. Ofcourse unless you get your kicks from trolling people who can't kill you.

Deleted
    You are still able to kill low self heal classes, while they posses little to none threat to you, making it the best troll pick atm

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Everything counters Frost DK's in 1v1's. Even Warriors do. Frost DK's and Arms Warriors both horrible at 1v1 and they're basically only good at destroying bad players who have no idea how to manage their defensive abilities or kite.

And Tyrannica, DK's are not hard to master. I'm assuming you're talking about Unholy. Unholy seems confusing at first, but once you have it down its probably easier to play than Frost.

Nah, i mean both specs frost and unholy, but more so frost dks they are hard to master in arenas, i am talking about high rated, once the wizard cleaves show up you need to avoid their kite program as good as you can and still support your mates, so no one gets insta killed. With such a slow moving slug, this is realy a challenge. Death's Advance is the only talent that helps the mobility but no one can and will take it, cause of chill blains and asphyxiate domination. Outside of PHD you will feel the lack of mobility and disarm/silence doesn't like you either, usually melees aren't much affected by that, just look at the mighty ms warri. he clearly got the better design over frost dks.

But since this thread was about duels, there is nothing to master anyways as frost dk.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-27 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Blood dks do really low damage. It's actually annoying to play a blood dk. Ofcourse unless you get your kicks from trolling people who can't kill you.
    Still they can necrotic too, and they have 30sec dots which roll on people even while ccd, and they have quite a good damage overall, so they are probably able to take down most classes in duel, if not all.

Ret Pally or BM Hunter would be the best dueling class atm imo... Simply because of the self heals, immune to DMG, and crazy amounts of burst to force your defensive really fast.... But if you want to be a real troll in 1v1 just go Blood DK or Prot Warrior lolol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydahlol View Post
    Ret Pally or BM Hunter would be the best dueling class atm imo... Simply because of the self heals, immune to DMG, and crazy amounts of burst to force your defensive really fast.... But if you want to be a real troll in 1v1 just go Blood DK or Prot Warrior lolol
    Ret pally... Really... You just posted this...

Quote Originally Posted by Inanis View Post
    unholy dks - tho they no not require as much skill to master as other classes mentioned here, by controlling their runes with blood tap etc can wreck some serious shit, specially with the new high battle fatigure + buffed necrotic strikes.
    well playing the new uh design in blood presence + conversion up while pets, necros, dots and death coils do the damage isn't exactly rocket science. However, you did not mention the nerfes so i wonder if you are not a bit biased, you talk about necro buffs, which is a really small one and it got nerfed before. But that unholy dks lose 5% strenght with patch 5.3 as well as their additional free death coils in blood presence you never mentioned.

Besides most classes are still far easier to master. ;> even those rogues, really not hard in duels. The true deal is controlling multpile people in arenas. Controlling 1 target is child's play.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Still they can necrotic too, and they have 30sec dots which roll on people even while ccd, and they have quite a good damage overall, so they are probably able to take down most classes in duel, if not all.
    certainly not frost mages, their absorb is worth jackshit there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    well playing the new uh design in blood presence + conversion up while pets, necros, dots and death coils do the damage isn't exactly rocket science. However, you did not mention the nerfes so i wonder if you are not a bit biased, you talk about necro buffs, which is a really small one and it got nerfed before. But that unholy dks lose 5% strenght with patch 5.3 as well as their additional free death coils in blood presence you never mentioned.

Besides most classes are still far easier to master. ;> even those rogues, really not hard in duels. The true deal is controlling multpile people in arenas. Controlling 1 target is child's play.
    Oh god, you're honestly sitting in blood presence as unholy ?! I tried it and the resource gen was really bad, felt like pulling teeth.

Ret pally... Really... You just posted this...
    He was right in wotlk, though. Maybe still buthurt.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 08:11 PM ----------

Oh god, you're honestly sitting in blood presence as unholy ?! I tried it and the resource gen was really bad, felt like pulling teeth.
    against ms warris there is no other choice, if they are any good they can tear you apart in like 5 seconds if you are in uh presence and i am talking about one with the typical tyrannical gear(no pve shit) and 5.3. Better stay in blood presence when melees of any kind show up! I usually use unholy against casters though.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-27 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    He was right in wotlk, though. Maybe still buthurt.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 08:11 PM ----------

against ms warris there is no other choice, if they are any good they can tear you apart in like 5 seconds if you are in uh presence and i am talking about one with the typical tyrannical gear(no pve shit) and 5.3. Better stay in blood presence when melees of any kind show up! I usually use unholy against casters though.
    I see. Thanks for tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dks are the best at solo content but I don't really think they should be so high on this 1v1 poll. I would definitely say Hunter or Mage is the best for 1v1 duels

Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    Dks are the best at solo content but I don't really think they should be so high on this 1v1 poll. I would definitely say Hunter or Mage is the best for 1v1 duels
    they are strong, but how will they beat feral and demo lock? i do not see that.

Deleted
    Mages are grossly overrated for 1v1. Also retarded hunter >>>> mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sub Rogues have NO sustained damage whatsoever contrary to what that other poster above said.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Deleted
    Mages are grossly overrated for 1v1. Also retarded hunter >>>> mage.
    The best 1v1s are probably Lock/Hunter, and lock is probably the best of them all, mage and rogue are overrated thats true. Mostly because people die against with the feeling they couldnt do anything about it. Awesome ferals might kill few hunters/locks but ranged without los is here at great advantage, though feral hotw heals are insane, thing is they don't even get a chance to cast them if played against correctly.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DKs. Absolute ****ing *****s that I hope to go delete their characters and never play again. Never had so much rage since my last arena match ever. Absolute bull.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy can beat demo fairly easily due how much tools against casters and anti-cc they have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Unholy can beat demo fairly easily due how much tools against casters and anti-cc they have.
    Think he meant hunters and mages can't beat demo locks and ferals.