Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Exclamation Healers are Un-Killable

They were overpowered before, but the change to pvp power has made them nearly immortal. Blizzard plainly has design problems with healers in pvp, and the proof is the "battle fatigue debuff." Basically they don't know how to design healers correctly in pvp so they threw a band aid fix blanket nerf on all healing in pvp.

However, even with the band aid fix and healing debuffs from certain classes, it still takes 3 to 4 geared players to bring down a single healer in a BG. Blizz really needs to go back to the drawing board and completely rework healing in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was supposed to be that way from the beginning, from what I hear. A dps shouldn't be capable of killing a healer one on one. Teamwork is supposed to be used to bring down a healer and then focus on the dps they were protecting.

So far I have yet to find a healer that I wasn't able to bring down with a little teamwork.

I have no problem killing any healer except for a very geared resto shaman.

who would wanna play a healer if you could get killed by everyone 1v1, what would be the point? they have to be strong to a degree. they can be brought down with proper cc' cd management and interupts...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't experience any problems killing healers 1v1 tbh. Yes, it might take some time and it should be that way because why would we have healers in the first place?
    In PvP they are designed to be able to heal properly in a 3v3 match, so you should indeed have a hard time killing one. Saying you need 3/4 people to kill a healer tells me more about the 3/4 people's knowledge and game play then about healing output. With all these stuns, cc and interrupts classes have these days it should be easy playing 3/4 against one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It was supposed to be that way from the beginning, from what I hear. A dps shouldn't be capable of killing a healer one on one. Teamwork is supposed to be used to bring down a healer and then focus on the dps they were protecting.

So far I have yet to find a healer that I wasn't able to bring down with a little teamwork.
    Why shouldn't a single dps be able to kill a healer one on one? I do not like that argument because raises the gates to allow healers to be overpowered. It sounds like this to me:

Other people: It's okay for healers to be overpowered because they are healers.

Me: that's circular logic, and makes no sense.

Other people: One dps should not be able to kill a healer!

Me: Why not?

Other people: Because!

Me: *&*$@*^@#E$%@

You see I am of the idea that a single dps should be able to kill a healer EVENTUALLY. I think the idea of a single dps bursting down a healer fast is silly, but a single dps should be able to try an stick on a healer and run him oom in about 6-10min. I do believe a healer should be able to be bursted down by more than one dps though, and this works because you should be peeling for your healer in 3v3. He shoul dnot be able to survive long with 2 or more dps on him.

You see managing healers this way will better balance them across all brackets.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-05-25 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    I find it that some healers are harder to kill than others. Resto Druids in particular are a pain in the ass imo. Granted I only cap my Conq and don't care much for rating. But while capping on my Hunter in almost full Tyranical with a Resto Shaman, we encountered a Hunter and a Resto Druid. We killed the Hunter fast and thought the Druid would be reasonable.

That wasn't the case and he just kept pillar kiting, Displacer Beast, Prowl, shapeshifting and healing etc. After about 5 mins his partner left, so the Druid didn't stay to try and get a res off. My partner and I waited for my CD's to be ready and then tried to catch him. Completely retarded and waste of time, since he kept kiting and healing and going into stealth. Eventually the time just ran out gg.

My point is, that even though Arena isn't balanced around 2v2, healers do seem really strong. Not talking about being able to 1 shot them ofc, but in some cases I do feel they're a bit too strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am unable to kill a dps as a healer....something must be wrong!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

did you try landing an interrupt on them, you know when they are casting their healing school?

and if 3-4 dps that isn't fresh 90 gearing can't kill a single healer with even simple zerg and spam damage strat the is huge fail boat on the dps's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why shouldn't a single dps be able to kill a healer one on one? I do not like that argument because raises the gates to allow healers to be overpowered. It sounds like this to me:

You see I am of the idea that a single dps should be able to kill a healer EVENTUALLY. I think the idea of a single dps bursting down a healer fast is silly, but a single dps should be able to try an stick on a healer and run him oom in about 10-15min. I do believe a healer should be able to be bursted down by more than one dps though, and this works because you should be peeling for your healer in 3v3. He shoul dnot be able to survive long with 2 or more dps on him.

Because if a healer can be defeated by a DPS how the hell are they going to be able to heal in PVP situations or even PVE.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You see I am of the idea that a single dps should be able to kill a healer EVENTUALLY. I think the idea of a single dps bursting down a healer fast is silly, but a single dps should be able to try an stick on a healer and run him oom in about 10-15min. I do believe a healer should be able to be bursted down by more than one dps though.
    this^

They reduced damage across the board of all dps in pvp. I think it feels a lot better than 5.2. Suddenly OP classes feel useless because they can't burst a healer in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because if a healer can be defeated by a DPS how the hell are they going to be able to heal in PVP situations or even PVE.
    Fine then separate pve healing from pvp healing. And in pvp situation they will requiring peels.

Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    I have no problem killing any healer except for a very geared resto shaman.
    That's funny for me shamies are the easiest healer for me to kill. As unholy dk a good resto druid or priest are pretty rough right now. Fucking bubble flash heal and back to full health is bullshit.

Deleted
    I don't feel they're any different, tbh. If you're playing 2v2 then yea, you might be in a bad place, but in 3v3 or any other form of organized PvP you'll have no issues if you time your stuff right. Also, except for certain combos, it's usually much easier and safer to just CC the healer and bring one of his DPS down.

Deleted
    a healer can kill a dps eventually but certain dps classes has fk all chance to kill a healer and you can preach all that shit about cc and interrupts forever and wont make 1 bit of difference so all should reroll healers until they fix there broke game

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine then separate pve healing from pvp healing. And in pvp situation they will requiring peels.
    They already do that. The Battle Fatique I believe doesn't affect PVE. Still not sure what you are doing wrong. You shouldn't be able to solo a healer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    a healer can kill a dps eventually but certain dps classes has fk all chance to kill a healer and you can preach all that shit about cc and interrupts forever and wont make 1 bit of difference so all should reroll healers until they fix there broke game
    ^This.

All the preaching about interrupts and CC is mostly crap. Yes, it will help, but it blatantly obvious that healers are OP at the moment.

You see I am of the idea that a single dps should be able to kill a healer EVENTUALLY. I think the idea of a single dps bursting down a healer fast is silly, but a single dps should be able to try an stick on a healer and run him oom in about 6-10min. I do believe a healer should be able to be bursted down by more than one dps though, and this works because you should be peeling for your healer in 3v3. He shoul dnot be able to survive long with 2 or more dps on him.

Your strawman argument does not hold water. One dps should not be able to kill a healer. Why not? Because if just one dps's output is enough to kill them, then that healer's throughput is not enough to keep a 3v3 or 5v5 team alive during normal play.

The same goes for your thought on the healer running oom in 10 minutes under the pressure of one, solitary, dps. That sort of sustainability would be pathetic in a 5v5 team, and not much better in 3v3.

Looking back at this post, I could see a pvp environment based on that sort of throughput and mana efficiency. The problem is that would simply bring the healer class balance down to mana efficiency. I don't know about you, but I think it's a pretty dull metagame where the deciding factor is whose heals cost less. Don't see the skill there.
    Last edited by Woceip; 2013-05-25 at 04:25 AM.

Why shouldn't a single dps be able to kill a healer one on one? I do not like that argument because raises the gates to allow healers to be overpowered.
    simple. because if I can outdps a disc priest's healing 1v1, while they are at 100% mana, then theoretically that healer would not be able to keep a single dps up in health either. healing would be come absolutley worthless in every aspect of pvp.

honestly though, 1v1 you -can- kill a healer "eventually". as in when they oom. if you can't keep pressure on a healer long enough for them to oom then you're probably just not playing very well in the first place. my warrior that is in half pvp gear half questing gear, most of his pvp gear being crafted dreadful, can still apply pressure onto a healer to make them use quite a bit of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They already do that. The Battle Fatique I believe doesn't affect PVE. Still not sure what you are doing wrong. You shouldn't be able to solo a healer.
    Yeah, battle fatigue also does not effect mana regain. Healers get their overall healing nerfed in pvp with the debuff, but they still maintain OP mana regain. You can go 45min in a 2v1 match against a healer and he will still be full mana.