Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just have distaste for him for his treatment of Mages, or lack of interest this expansion. Overall, he isn't a dictator of WoW, I wouldn't blame him for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped reading at
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Activi$ion
    thread lost any merit at that point.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    First response and someone already stated what I was going to say. Ghostcrawler is the class balance team lead. From the OP's post, he has no control over any of these things;
    - LFR
    - Nerfing Cataclysm Heroics
    - Removing the 10/25 lockout
    - Valor/Honor/Conquest/Justice/Currency
    - Currency caps

He also doesn't have control of any of these things (that the OP didn't mention);
    - World mobs
    - In-game cinematics
    - Flight paths
    - Gold sources (quantity of gold or number of sources)
    - Dungeon difficulty (not directly)

What he does have control over;
    - Class abilities
    - Ability damage, healing, duration, cooldown, etc
    - Spec 'important' abilities
    - The entire population of the forums who believe he controls all of WoW because those people are too stupid to realize that there's over 100 people working on the game at any one time, and many different teams

People are too quick to blame Ghostcrawler. Most of the time it's not because Blizzard have done something wrong, but because someone disagrees with a change that was made, and feel that their opinion is gospel and is absolute fact.
    A Paladin killed His Parents though Synthaxx - He's got more pull than most though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Yeah let's all blame GC.. that'll solve everything!

Ridiculous post.
    the problem is that people are blaming the wrong person. find the right 1 to blame, get him out of there and start cleaning up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    the problem is that people are blaming the wrong person. find the right 1 to blame, get him out of there and start cleaning up the mess.
    What mess?

Game is in a decent shape in my eyes. You can cherry pick stuff you don't like and say "thats why the game is shit" but chances are theres droves of people that like the stuff you think is ruining the game.

It's the same as people pointing out sub losses and concluding GC is shit without considering stuff like the game has a peak and trough lifecycle with expacs and patches, its an old game, world economy in the shitter etc.

The assertion that the game would have lost millions more players without Gc may be just as true but haters can't even contemplate that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You can not be the best in any one thing but still the best overall. They have had more people playing the game then almost all the other mmos going up against them combined. While that doesn't mean they are the best when you only competition is so far behind you it changes how things are done.
    Except they haven't had more people playing it than other mmo's. You could make the argument for subscription based only, then you could make the argument for worldwide instead of just per marketing zone, but either way you are just trying to paint the game better than it is. They became a fan sensation and grew off sheer popularity until people started realizing "Hey, this game isn't actually that great." Which is why the game is at 8 million subscribers, and as far back as Wrath had over 50 million total subscribers. The retention rate of the game isn't all that great even though they boast a large number of current players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Shouldnt you post this on the Blizzard Forums..?

But yeah.. not sure if you're right.. but eh..
    Blizzard has this cool thing that prevents people who no longer have a subscription from posting on their forums because they would rather plug their ears rather than listen to complaints and reasons why people are unhappy with the game. (unless of course you are paying them to post there)

What it comes down to is Blizzard has changed from a company that tries to make content that players find fun, to a company that makes 'fun' content so they can market it to players.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Personally, I am having more fun with the game now than I have had since WotLK, so needless to say I disagree on most points. I do, however, wish we had different 10/25 man lockouts. I miss doing a pug for fun, and they are all but nonexistent on my server these days, thanks to being low pop and LFR.
    I don't get this. Do people REALLY want to run the same raid 3 times per week per toon if Blizzard brought back separate lockouts? Really? You REALLY want to run LFR, then 10 normal/heroic, then 25 normal/heroic...per toon...every week? That doesn't sound boring to you?

It sounds boring as hell to me. It WAS boring. I couldn't stand Wrath's lockout system, even with the separate difficulty levels/ilvl for 10 and 25 man. Imo Blizzard should take it a step further and have 10 and 25 man share a lockout with LFR....and if I really had my way, I'd ask Blizzard to bring back Vanilla/BC raiding where everything had one difficulty level and if you couldn't down something, you'd work at it until you did. And downing raid bosses was much more meaningful that way...yes, even if you were casual.

Instead of worrying about lockouts, we should be asking for more raid content. In regards to MoP content, T14 was a good raid tier--you had 3 different raids to work through in one tier, albeit with some gating in place.

TL,DR: More content, less asking Blizzard to let us run the same shiz over and over and over again.

Another I know what best for WOW better than the developers thread. And GC is not the problem. People who QQ about everything are the problem.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Quote Originally Posted by kos1085 View Post
    Another I know what best for WOW better than the developers thread. And GC is not the problem. People who QQ about everything are the problem.
    You are right, those slaves should have just been happy being slaves and never complained. The world would be a better place if no one ever made suggestions that someone else was doing something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You are right, those slaves should have just been happy being slaves and never complained. The world would be a better place if no one ever made suggestions that someone else was doing something bad.
    Why does everything relate to slavery?

OT: It comes down to this, if you don't like the game don't play it. Do people really sit around and QQ about everything they don't like?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Awww...but really since the launch of Classic 20 million quit.

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/...ards-Rob-Pardo

You'd be a fool to think that the game always and ever had the same 12 million when WotLK peaked....
    So what you are saying is that most of the people that played the game think it is... not so good and quit?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Awww...but really since the launch of Classic 20 million quit.

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/...ards-Rob-Pardo

You'd be a fool to think that the game always and ever had the same 12 million when WotLK peaked....
    That article is 3 and a half years old and I'm not seeing anything regarding 20 million people quitting the game since November 09 in the article (although I could have missed it, it is a long article).

GC = EA and Blizzard anthropomorphised.

Wind your neck in and realise that he does not sit and cut the code, or make the decisions that shape your game.

The utter stupidity of people on the internet never fails to astound me... You realise that (metaphorically) you just blamed the guy that works for the dealer that sold you your house for the Tornado that tore it apart?

Read a fucking book occasionally...

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot take seriously someone who is demanding irationnally to fire GC when this one is usually putting rational explanations. Sure, you can nitpick here and there but, as a whole, I rather like GC's game philosophies and decisions.

GC isn't the problem, he may be part of it, but I wished he was more quiet, it seems that every time he opens his mouth, a legion of angry geeks with torches and pitchforks go demanding for his crucifixion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I cannot take seriously someone who is demanding irationnally to fire GC when this one is usually putting rational explanations. Sure, you can nitpick here and there but, as a whole, I rather like GC's game philosophies and decisions.
    Irrespective of accuracy of the OP's points, or anything regarding applied philosophies and decisions, he essentially just pointed at a bank clerk that has a twitter account, and blamed them for rigging LIBOR.

Fuckwittery on a massive scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    What mess?

Game is in a decent shape in my eyes. You can cherry pick stuff you don't like and say "thats why the game is shit" but chances are theres droves of people that like the stuff you think is ruining the game.

It's the same as people pointing out sub losses and concluding GC is shit without considering stuff like the game has a peak and trough lifecycle with expacs and patches, its an old game, world economy in the shitter etc.

The assertion that the game would have lost millions more players without Gc may be just as true but haters can't even contemplate that thought.
    what mess you say? how about the stupid nerfs in the name of pvp. specifically the arena crybabies whining to blizz. you don't EVER nerf something if it messes with pve in a bad way. also all the bugs and flawed coding (like the fail rng). tom chilton is to blame for all of this. he is just as bad as an al-qaeda cell. get rid of him and undo the mess he made.

Quote Originally Posted by kos1085 View Post
    Why does everything relate to slavery?

OT: It comes down to this, if you don't like the game don't play it. Do people really sit around and QQ about everything they don't like?
    My point is complaints cause advancements, enhancements, and progress. You sitting here bitching about people voicing complaints is the opposite of helpful for anyone, period, including yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    what mess you say? how about the stupid nerfs in the name of pvp. specifically the arena crybabies whining to blizz. you don't EVER nerf something if it messes with pve in a bad way. also all the bugs and flawed coding (like the fail rng). tom chilton is to blame for all of this. he is just as bad as an al-qaeda cell. get rid of him and undo the mess he made.
    I'm sorry, what stupid nerfs? Don't just come here and fling generalisations like an angry monkey flinging shit in a zoo, give specifics. Once again, for every nerf you think is "fail", I'm sure many others approve of them.

Fail rng? got proof? No, didn't think so. Just another nobody mouthing off, all hot air. No substance.

Can't hold a debate with people like you, long on rhetoric, short on specifics.

Anyone who accuses one man out of a huge team for the "downfall" of the game is an idiot. Sorry but seriously think about what you're saying. The game still has millions of players and is OLD for a game like about to enter into the area of classic games compared to today's games. Its a team effort. The quality is insanely good for what it is. Nostalgia sucks and everyone liked it better when they started including myself but you need to be able to see the difference between your own nostalgia and the games real quality. Its better than it ever was if anything the only thing that is different is your point of view.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-05-26 at 12:02 AM.