Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Accused of new bag exploit?

I read about the new pet bag exploit this morning and I am wondering if this is why I suddenly got a 72 hour ban yesterday? I save all my pet daily bags to open once I'm done the quests. So I opened 19 bags yesterday in a short amount of time. Is it possible Blizzard saw this and mistook it for using the new exploit? I guess a call to sort this out is coming for me.

Deleted
    Great thread, now ask yourself how we should know that ?

I would assume so, the exploit involved(patched now) a macro to open one bag/cache multiple times, guess you got caught in the crossfire and got an accidental ban. You can tell them about it and have them remove the ban and all that, or if you don't care just let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this exploit was discovered the day after the patch (fastly became a very active thread on the forum, not MMO-C).
    With the new anti-badluck system, Blizzard forgot to add a cooldown to opening the bags, so you would make a macro that said /use <bag> as many times as you could, then bind it to scroll for maximum profit. Ofc this got hotfixed within 5 hours and a LOT got a 72 hour ban.
    The amount of QQ in the thread is wonderful.

This sort of thing is happening to a lot of pet battlers, since a bunch of people saved up bags prior to 5.3 and opened them after the patch hit. See:
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/communit...php?f=2&t=4228
    http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/...ags-in-53.html

Icebear, you mentioned something about a thread on the forum, I'm assuming you mean the official WoW forums? Do you happen to have a link? I looked through General Discussion and couldn't find anything there.

First appeal denied. Huh??? I'm going to be an unhappy customer if I have to accept a ban for not exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    First appeal denied. Huh??? I'm going to be an unhappy customer if I have to accept a ban for not exploiting.
    This is happening to a lot of people. I got mine reversed, but several people I know just had to eat the suspension. After a review is declined, all further attempts to get a review will also be declined. You can try calling, but unless you get lucky or have a compelling reason, you are unlikely to get an additional review.

The worst part is I know no human checked my appeal. I called and talked to someone. They told me they couldn't help, I had to go through the ticket system. But they did see my ticket in the wrong queue so they moved it to the correct one. I *immediately* got an e-mail stating upon review the ban is upheld. That can't be a co-incidence. An automated denial.

"co-incidence" haha

I don't know why they told you they can't help, if you called account & billing then that's their job. Maybe it has something to do with the way they changed all their support to be mostly email only with online tickets rather than in-game ones.

If your first appeal was denied and the email was immediate after they switched it over to the right section, then it was most likely automated, reason being that it's such a short amount of time and most people probably wouldn't care about a 1-3 day suspension. It's quite sad that less and less is actually being handled by them as time goes on and is instead being automated.

Just do something else for 3 days, the time you're gonna spend fighting to get it revoked isn't worth it and will probably take longer than the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    This sort of thing is happening to a lot of pet battlers, since a bunch of people saved up bags prior to 5.3 and opened them after the patch hit. See:
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/communit...php?f=2&t=4228
    http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/...ags-in-53.html

Icebear, you mentioned something about a thread on the forum, I'm assuming you mean the official WoW forums? Do you happen to have a link? I looked through General Discussion and couldn't find anything there.
    Why would you save the bags anyway? Loot is determined when you get the bag, not when it's opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Some bags do reset the loot when a new patch is applied.
    So people saved them to abuse them, also known as exploiting.
    And that means... deserved 72 hours ban?
    This would be the only bag I can think of that reset with the new patch. Would have guessed that after the LFR gold bag drama Blizzard would have just made it default to never let old bags get re-itemized after a patch.

There goes another 500,000 subs!!! Soup>?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're cheating we don't want them anyway.

I had two of my guild members get the 72 hour ban. They both saw that there was a buff to pet battle bags coming in 5.3 so they saved up a few days worth of pet battle bags and opened them all at once after the patch went live. They have both appealed their suspensions and been denied with no further explanation.

So basically blizzard puts something in their patch notes that encourages people to save pet battle bags, then they do a blanket ban of everyone that opened X number of bags in a short amount of time and a bunch of pet battling enthusiasts get smacked with the ban hammer for something that seems pretty innocent. It doesn't seem right and makes me wonder what other innocuous thing can a person get banned for.

From what I'm reading on other sites, Blizzard fully intended to ban everyone who saved bags to open on the day of the patch's release in addition to those who used the exploit. They didn't want people opening old bags to get new items.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    From what I'm reading on other sites, Blizzard fully intended to ban everyone who saved bags to open on the day of the patch's release in addition to those who used the exploit. They didn't want people opening old bags to get new items.
    I hadn't heard that. Do you have a link to those sites?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palthus View Post
    I had two of my guild members get the 72 hour ban. They both saw that there was a buff to pet battle bags coming in 5.3 so they saved up a few days worth of pet battle bags and opened them all at once after the patch went live. They have both appealed their suspensions and been denied with no further explanation.

So basically blizzard puts something in their patch notes that encourages people to save pet battle bags, then they do a blanket ban of everyone that opened X number of bags in a short amount of time and a bunch of pet battling enthusiasts get smacked with the ban hammer for something that seems pretty innocent. It doesn't seem right and makes me wonder what other innocuous thing can a person get banned for.
    Well they can ban for no reason or any reason. A.k.a. at their discretion. So there's that...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I doubt that. Nobody knows what GMs intend to do. Most likely it was posted by someone who has opened saved bags on first day of patch and got banned.

Probably all you had to do was wait for few days. Stored bags aren't going anywhere.

Time to check out what's new on steam huh OP? It's only a 3 day ban, you'll survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

So there was an exploit that allowed people to open one bag several times? I'd imagine that had to happen in rapid succession. They obviously caught the exploit and fixed it from the sounds of things. But not like someone manually opening one bag a time, but opening several bags in total. And Blizzard is just blanket-suspending people for this shit? What a wonderful, caring company they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Probably all you had to do was wait for few days. Stored bags aren't going anywhere.
    Yes, because everybody is clairvoyant and KNEW this sort of thing was going to happen, right? Patch hit, people had saved bags for the changed loot, what did you expect them to do? They were probably chomping at the bit to find out what was new in this patch, just like everybody else.

As far as the people who used the exploit, sure, they deserved it. But people getting suspended purely for holding onto bags? GG Blizz, GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.