Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The only non class missions that are any good are the planet questlines. The side quests are awful and you should just spacebar through them since they never have anything important to say. Or at least go through them once, then after that spacebar away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The only non class missions that are any good are the planet questlines. The side quests are awful and you should just spacebar through them since they never have anything important to say. Or at least go through them once, then after that spacebar away.
    Depends on characters. Overseer Regate side quest was as small as they get, but very memorable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the storytelling of the game. I made a gunslinger and absolutely loved the storyline. I wasn't that impressed by the sage storyline and haven't played the other classes past 20 yet. Its a really good f2p game. I subbed because I didn't like the restriction of only so many pvp matches or flashpoints per week but that was just a personal choice. As far as the quick travel & sprint goes, everyone gets sprint but subs get it a lvl 1 while everyone else at 15 & quick travel has a CD on it of 30 minutes for subs and a few hours for everyone else if I remember correctly.

You have to sub.
    You don't have to buy the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You have to sub.
    You don't have to buy the expansion.
    That's... Completely incorrect.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I would say its worth it, at least for two play throughs, one for the Sith, one for the Republic. After that you will find that 95% of the game will be the same quests you've already done, and the other 5% is what you actually want to see.

Im an altoholic in most MMO's, but I just couldn't do it with SWTOR. When I started the second character on each side after about 20-30 levels I just couldn't stand it anymore. Some people don't mind the linear nature of it, and can deal with the fact that your decisions don't really make a ton of difference in the long run. I just couldn't stomach it after a certain point.

If you can deal with the F2P mess, its definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I would say its worth it, at least for two play throughs, one for the Sith, one for the Republic. After that you will find that 95% of the game will be the same quests you've already done, and the other 5% is what you actually want to see.

Im an altoholic in most MMO's, but I just couldn't do it with SWTOR. When I started the second character on each side after about 20-30 levels I just couldn't stand it anymore. Some people don't mind the linear nature of it, and can deal with the fact that your decisions don't really make a ton of difference in the long run. I just couldn't stomach it after a certain point.

If you can deal with the F2P mess, its definitely worth it.
    It's kinda funny as I usually like to try different things but couln't play more than 3-4 twinks in EQ2 due to the same quests (for qeynos and freeport) past +/- lvl 20. I've got currently 15 characters.... just started another mercenary which will be solely for healing. I'm just doing the class quests and since this is my third bountyhunter I'm spacebaring through. I'm doing a lot of pvp and flashpoints which definately is a hugh difference rather than being force to quest over and over again. I still didn't play through the Jedi Knight storyline or the Smuggler so I've got stuff to look forward to. A huge part of the "lust" to continue playing is partially due to the fact that I'm trying to play each class as best as I can and PvP usually gives me a direct feedback where I'm at.

I went into the game from launch intending to play it like a singleplayer game. 1-50, through the class story, then making a new alt and doing it again, never really bothering with the endgame. And it worked; I've loved every minute of it, and I'm not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    It's kinda funny as I usually like to try different things but couln't play more than 3-4 twinks in EQ2 due to the same quests (for qeynos and freeport) past +/- lvl 20. I've got currently 15 characters.... just started another mercenary which will be solely for healing. I'm just doing the class quests and since this is my third bountyhunter I'm spacebaring through. I'm doing a lot of pvp and flashpoints which definately is a hugh difference rather than being force to quest over and over again. I still didn't play through the Jedi Knight storyline or the Smuggler so I've got stuff to look forward to. A huge part of the "lust" to continue playing is partially due to the fact that I'm trying to play each class as best as I can and PvP usually gives me a direct feedback where I'm at.

Obviously if you have something else you like doing it kind of changes everything, but if you are strictly playing for storyline I don't know how anyone gets past more than 3-4. I have 13 level 85+ in WoW and I've enjoyed playing them all. Granted I've done like you myself and taken non questing routes with some of them as I had a specific reason for rolling them.

Even in that game though I'm not sure I could level another one by strictly questing for the same reason and it has a ton more possible variation.

I played Subbed at launch, FTP for the last year, and then resubbed last month. Having seen both sides, though it is all about personal perspective, I've enjoyed the various storylines. In all honesty, I have preferred them more as a sub. I'm not sure why, but it just feels more fluid.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-06-06 at 05:32 PM.