Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    As a sub, I'm extremely disappointed that I have to use my Cartel Coins to change my appearance, especially just for a new haircut or new hair style. Changing race is one thing, but changing your appearance within your race, should not be charged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Yes, I do. Why should they give you ANYTHING for free. They are allowing you to play the game that takes resources to make, for free. If you can't be bothered to pay them for their work, why should they be bothered to let you do anything for free. Next time you go to collect your paycheck, how about you just tear it up and work for free?

Plus, tbh, reading your subsequent posts, you are just looking for things to bitch about. I would quit and move on because you will not be able to find reasons to enjoy the game, you will only find things to complain about, you will never be happy.
    Isn't that how f2p games work.

I bought collectors edition of this game i was subscribed for months, and i wanted to see how this game would work out. But it clearly didn't. I am big star wars fan, read 50 book about sw universe, i am a member of 501st legion.
    I got frustrated when i entered the game, you have 6 character limit, doesn't matter that you were subscibed by months, oh no, you are still treated like someone who just bought something.
    The other thing was the issue of "complementary" CP. First they told that you will get them as a reward for being subscriber, but no after months passed, they decided to receive them you need to be a subscriber. When i heard that, i said go away and I left the game.
    Apparently sw tor costed around 500 million dollars, how the hell could they make the bad looking game, and with bad engine for that kind of money.
    In lotro that f2p model doesn't hit you that hard, you can try the game instead of being hit always with become the subsciber.
    One thing i hate is the milking that ea is doing.
    But on the other hand i would love to check the story things, and as i have told before i am a star wars fan.

So you can say that logic is battling my emotions over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can say that logic is battling my emotions over this.
    We don't know the actual cost of SWTOR, but it was not 500 million. You must have been reading something from Michael Pachter. Basing logic off of his 'logic' is like the women who shave their eyebrows just to re-draw it on right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    We don't know the actual cost of SWTOR, but it was not 500 million. You must have been reading something from Michael Pachter. Basing logic off of his 'logic' is like the women who shave their eyebrows just to re-draw it on right after.
    Its a sound beauty option for women who either suffer from thick dark eyebrows, or women who have sparse eyebrows, or those who color their hair a starkly different color than their natural color. There is nothing illogical about this approach.

I share some of the OP's feelings. Lately I've gotten the Star Wars itch. I really enjoyed SWtOR when it was released, did the physical collector's box. Have the GG Malgus still guarding the corner of my desk. I was "All In" till the knee jerk reaction by EA to go F2P.

I want to get back into it. See some more stories, and maybe begin playing with the community that's managed to endure. However it bothers me that If I Sub, Im not getting really all that much for $15 a month. And If I buy the Digital Expansion the extra features are also extra money. Races and a Barber shop should of been included with the expansion, for subscribers.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Its a sound beauty option for women who either suffer from thick dark eyebrows, or women who have sparse eyebrows, or those who color their hair a starkly different color than their natural color. There is nothing illogical about this approach.
    Um...what? Thinking that painting eyebrows of a different color looks more natural than having different colored, yet real eyebrows is not logical. I don't like the shape of my chest hair, so I shave it off and then draw it on with a permanent marker.

It's totally logical and looks really awesome!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Um...what? Thinking that painting eyebrows of a different color looks more natural than having different colored, yet real eyebrows is not logical. I don't like the shape of my chest hair, so I shave it off and then draw it on with a permanent marker.

you might be thinking of the severely overdone hard pencil eyebrows.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get what you pay for. Free to play is just that... sort of. As a F2P, you still pay for Cartel Coins to unlock certain things. In a full breakdown, if you buy $20 in CC a month to get everything you want, it seems kinda silly when you can spend $15 and sub for it. Granted, some content is gated behind CCs, but as a sub, I get 600ccs free each month and another 20ccs each time I unlock an achievement. I can just wait for my stipend to catch up and get what I want. But, since the option is there, I have my sub AND I buy 2400CCs a month. This way I can fully enjoy the game, and get some extras. Makes it kinda nice.

I never understood why people shout at the rain when they could just open an umbrella. If you hate paying a sub, go F2P. If you hate the "shakedown" on F2P, then sub. If you hate both options, send them an email and give them your opinion. Things might change, but why play something that ticks you off? Might just be better to find a game that gives you everything with your sub, or with your F2P status. Personally, I am spending less money on SWTOR than I ever did on WoW. At $45 an expansion, and 6.5 years of subbing, plus $600 in race/name/realm/faction changes, I figure I could spent another $1500 in SWTOR and still not break my WoW ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

I guess I should stop drawing a mustache on my face then. I really thought the ladies would like it

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I guess I should stop drawing a mustache on my face then. I really thought the ladies would like it
    *Sigh*
    You're supposed to draw the mustache on your finger, then hold it up under your nose. Even better if you tattoo it on there.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I personally felt like I was being bullied at every corner to buy stuff (sprint, hotbars, quest gear, less xp etc.). On the other hand it is f2p, in a sense you shouldn't be given squat until you pay up.
    I agree. I deliberately re-subbed after uninstalling WoW, and have been having the time of my life. There are something I want to pay for, and others which I just can't be bothered to pay for. As far as appearances go, I am usually very careful at character creation. Even in WoW, I seldom touched the Barbershop for little more than the achievement. I don't really see anything wrong with their current setup or pricing models. I like that lower level alts can now enjoy some of the finer elements of the game without having to hit 55 first
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-06-06 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Font color changed to black