Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Horrible.
    Oooh, come on, now...

That would change the feel, the appeal, the lure and flavor of the Death Knights, in both lore and gameplay. I play a Death Knight because of the lore and the awesome feeling of stealing souls, shattering enemies with ice and blasting their faces off with bolts of sheer unholy energy. I didn't sign up to have a melee fire mage.
    That's fine, you don't have to use the 4th spec. But I think it's quite likely we'll see some kind of fiery hellknight undead when and if we ever revisit Northrend to see what Bolvar is up to. There's already precedent with the flame revenants.

For my part, I'd like a 4th DK spec to be Lich mode, and allow us to convert our DKs into ranged spell-casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    *snipped image*
    I hadn't thought of what Xoroth would look like from afar, but that is actually a great concept to start from. Fragmented forever-burning planet chunks everywhere. Outlandx10.

A Jinyu rogue is all I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was expecting this to be an MS paint thread where people drew what they think next expacs box art would be
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i was expecting this to be an MS paint thread where people drew what they think next expacs box art would be
    It still can be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It still can be!

well, i don't want to ruin this thread, some really great stuff in here, some talented artists among us
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Idea sounds awesome Golden yak, and my main is a DK.

The Lick King arose because of the Burning Legion, i see no reason that hellfire cannot be part of our resume.

At the same time i see no reason that Warlock's can not raise the dead.

We are too closely aligned to the same force that created us.
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2013-05-27 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    We have one of the most powerfull forces in Azeroth, a new god of death! Bolvar Fordragon, "jailer of the damned". The burning legion created him, he will destroy them.
    And what do we say to the god of death?

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    well, i don't want to ruin this thread, some really great stuff in here, some talented artists among us
    No, please jump in. Moar pitcherz

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reyzzz View Post
    and what do we say to the god of death?
    not today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Damn, i like the logo!

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 06:17 PM ----------

Fits the icon x)
    I WANT THIS!!!!

I know it says internal BUT ME WANTS

OT: I honestly do believe we'll get some form of burning legion expansion. If you've been paying attention to wrathion he hints the factions need to work together. They worked together to stop the burning legion before. If you've been paying attention to garrosh as well they've been tampering with some demon stuff down in RFC.

If any of you watched lore's predictions to the next expansion I think he's right on spot to be honest. We will probably be sent to the burning legions home land (forget the name) where the 2 people (forget their names as well) will be waiting for us as they've been scouting it for awhile possibly. I don't think we'll have any direct relations to outland itself but I think we'll see some activity there at first such as like the pre 6.0 patch.
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-05-27 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was original login screen for Cataclysm when it came out. They changed it shortly before release I think.

Deleted
    Big fan of the Arakkoa/Ogre combination, but in some aspects I believe you're trying to do too much at once, OP. Two new races AND a new class AND fourth spec for everyone? I can't see this happening all at once. At best, two new races and a fourth spec for three/four classes (there was a tweet where they said they could do it in separate increments).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    And what do we say to the god of death?
    "Shur'nab, shur'nab, Yogg-Saron!" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Big fan of the Arakkoa/Ogre combination, but in some aspects I believe you're trying to do too much at once, OP. Two new races AND a new class AND fourth spec for everyone? I can't see this happening all at once. At best, two new races and a fourth spec for three/four classes (there was a tweet where they said they could do it in separate increments).
    For some reason i find the mole people interesting, although i doubt it will come to fruition.

I find that the ogres are most likely to become a race in horde side, while arrakoa for the alliance seems out of whack.

I agree that the op has done a bit too much, but i love and greatly appreciate the effort, and imagery that excited me for next exp.

I like warrior T17

Very enjoyable read! A lot of you have some interesting ideas and visuals as well.
    Time to put up a "Spoiler alert" just in case? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    So much fail in one thread.

1st this is a purely speculation thread, even if you don't think it's possible Blizzard might do it.

2nd Blizzard is a for profit company, if it is truly a popular idea they will consider doing it.

So lets look at a few things.

Theme of next expansion.

Ideas not yet done, purely Speculation.

1. Titans(last Storyline expansion) - Facing the Final Judgment of the Titans, final end to the Old Gods.
    Path of Titans, Hero Spec for each class. Neutral Race Dragonkin, it would be focused on the End of all Story lines from Orc Vs Humans until the end.

2. Emerald Dream - The Emerald Dream expansion was something Blizzard was working on before they made TBC, for some reason they stopped.
    This would double the size of the Game World, heavy focus on personal development, could be tied into another Expansion idea or two on this list. (2,3,4 could all be tied together.)

3. Queen Azshara - We have a lot of content fighting her and her forces of Naga, this would also be heavy in Old God lore, also might once and for all end the who came first the Troll or the Elf debate.
    Naga Race, heavy focus on sanity of the Player character.

4. South Seas - Pirates, Goblins, and other things it has often been suggested would be a Fan Service Expansion. Doubt it would be next just because we just had a Fan Service expansion.
    Tinker Class, Engineering revamp.

5. Argus actually facing the Legion proper. (TBC was facing mostly Illidians forces who were actually keeping the Legion out of Outland.), would include a revamp of Outland would be focused on Fighting Demons.
    Demon Hunters, Alliance High Elves(or 1/2 elves), Horde 1/2 Ogres

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    WoW: Revenge of the Worldbreaker

End of MoP:
    -At the end of SoO we discover that Garrosh was being controlled by N'zoth and that N'zoth may have revived Deathwing.
    -Wrathion goes missing.
    -Gamon becomes the new warchief of the Horde.
    -The Alliance and the Horde enter an era of peace with eachother, all battlegrounds are removed and all PvP servers are shut down.

RotW(Revenge of the Worldbreaker):
    -Deathwing (the Worldbreaker) awakes from his slumber (he was sleeping after being ressurected to regain his strenght), stronger than ever and vows to bring about the end of all life on Azeroth (again).
    -Wrathion is found, apparently he has no memory of anything that happened during his absense, but he seems very suspicious, 2 patches later we find that he actually aligned with his father Deathwing and this was all a plan to tear both factions appart from the inside.

Features:
    -All the zones in Northrend and Pandaria will be revamped because Deathwing forgot those last time.
    -New Alliance race: The Grimscale tribe Murlocs with Mmmrrrggglll as their faction leader.
    -New Horde race: Riverpaw Gnolls with Hoger as their faction leader (He and his clan join the Horde in hopes of getting allies to help them achieve their revenge on the humans of stormwind, but they forgot the Alliance and the Horde are at peace now)
    -New class: Spellsinger, Spellslingers fight with a unique style that's a lethal combination of magic, reflexes and instinct - making them some of the most feared combatants on Azeroth.

Murloc racials:
    -Aquaform: Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and reduces all damage take by 60% for 2minutes, 2 minutes cooldown.
    -Polearm Specialization: Expertise with polearms increased by 20%.
    -Every Murloc for Himself: Removes all effects which cause loss of control of your character and makes you immune to those effects for 2 minutes, 2 minutes cooldown.

Gnoll Racials:
    -The Gnoll Spirit: Spirit increased by 20%.
    -Gift Of The Gnoll: Heals the target for 80% of the caster's total health over 3 seconds, 30 seconds cooldown.
    -Gnoll Stomp: Stuns up to 15 enemies within 20 yards for 10 seconds, 1 minute cooldown.
    I'd rather not see any more Deathwing. I've had quite enough.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Very good and fun thread; a few things that are unlikely to happen however;

Emerald Dream - yeah that won't be an expansion - as was said in "Know your Lore" there's just not enough content; particularly with the results from the Stormrage novel. We may see a raid/daily zone their similiar to Firelands - possible incursion point for Burning Legion / Old Gods, maybe a potential three-way fight. Irregardless theres still not enough content for an expansion, a patch/raid Yes 100%

Ogres as playable Race, and for that matter Naga - Come on Mok'thanal are more fun and for that matter would be 100% better. What's important for a new Race is the ability to create the Char models. e.g. Didn't Blizz have to replace every single goblin in wow with the cata model? - and while they didn't with the Worgan, they explain that away with playable Worgan being a different Strand (or at least thats what I assume - more self control = less bestial?). '

Mok'thanal have the potential to be a redesigned race that requires little replacements of NPC, have a strong Lore Char (Rexxar daah) and are just new enough to provide some that mistique that drives the concept "New Cultures and lands" What do we say about the ogres? um they live in caves =D. And do you really want two heads? really? I mean really, really?

OT: Money's on a Burning Legion expac; though I would like to consildate some of the existing Lore and parts of the game that haven't been looked at for awhile.

Take racial lore for example. - We see a lot of human, troll, Orc, to a lesser degree Foresaken and even a sliver of dwarf (worst story resolution ever). What of the other races - Goblins are ok I think, they have a solid place in the Horde - but their counterparts in the Worgan are nothing but front-line fodder it seems. Drenai in the same boat - though BL expansion next, and then therE are the faction Panda's. PLEASE BLIZZ DO SOMTHING WITH THEM!

Theres future expansions after all.
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    Very good and fun thread; a few things that are unlikely to happen however;

Emerald Dream - yeah that won't be an expansion - as was said in "Know your Lore" there's just not enough content; particularly with the results from the Stormrage novel. We may see a raid/daily zone their similiar to Firelands - possible incursion point for Burning Legion / Old Gods, maybe a potential three-way fight. Irregardless theres still not enough content for an expansion, a patch/raid Yes 100%

Ogres as playable Race, and for that matter Naga - Come on Mok'thanal are more fun and for that matter would be 100% better. What's important for a new Race is the ability to create the Char models. e.g. Didn't Blizz have to replace every single goblin in wow with the cata model? - and while they didn't with the Worgan, they explain that away with playable Worgan being a different Strand (or at least thats what I assume - more self control = less bestial?). '

Mok'thanal have the potential to be a redesigned race that requires little replacements of NPC, have a strong Lore Char (Rexxar daah) and are just new enough to provide some that mistique that drives the concept "New Cultures and lands" What do we say about the ogres? um they live in caves =D. And do you really want two heads? really? I mean really, really?

OT: Money's on a Burning Legion expac; though I would like to consildate some of the existing Lore and parts of the game that haven't been looked at for awhile.

Take racial lore for example. - We see a lot of human, troll, Orc, to a lesser degree Foresaken and even a sliver of dwarf (worst story resolution ever). What of the other races - Goblins are ok I think, they have a solid place in the Horde - but their counterparts in the Worgan are nothing but front-line fodder it seems. Drenai in the same boat - though BL expansion next, and then therE are the faction Panda's. PLEASE BLIZZ DO SOMTHING WITH THEM!

Theres future expansions after all.
    Though I agree with most of what you say here, you are wrong to think because a book did it, Blizzard wont do it in game. Emerald Dream was an Expansion they did work on at one point, and they may do it at some point in the future. Remember Warcraft is an ever changing environment. On another not, I personally do not want to see a Naga race, but since Vanilla they have always been in the top ten most requested player races.

Bolding what we got.
    Goblin, Pandaran, High Elves(Blood ElvesΘ), Ogres, 1/2 Ogres, Naga, Dragonkin, Gnolls, Demons(Draenei), Worgen , Bird People, ect.

ΘTechnically Blood Elves are High Elves, however Elf fans still want to actually play Alliance High Elves. Because F*** Barbarian Nightelves, and F*** Traitor Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    In light of MoP and how it took one simple concept (Pandaria) and turned it into an entire expansion, I'm no longer convinced when anyone gives the reason 'too limited' for why something wouldn't work as an expansion.

Given that we know next to nothing about the geography of the Dream, how it's been affected by the Nightmare, and who/what actually lives there, there's loads of potential for a Dream expansion, and lots of room to add brand new stuff.