Poll: Which could be a future Alliance race?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    I would personally add Furbolgs as a third choice aswell, they would be a primal and shamanistic race that would be a nice addition to the Alliance roster and they already have a good amount of lore to back their inclusion.
    The worgen were to be a primal and feral race and we saw how that turned out. The furbolg would basically be furry night elves even moreso than worgen are in questing.

Ethereal's I find unlikely due to the fact that the way the race is does not make for a very customizable race. I guess they could re-do the model or have some non ripped apart Ethereal join a faction but that goes against them wanting to make sure future races are seeded. Sure the worgen got modified to be playable but the 2 models have many similarities.

I do think Blizzard has a harder time thinking of races for the Alliance than the Horde which have always been quite simple with goblins, blood elves and, one day, ogres. I'd almost say no new races would be better so Blizzard gives the races already in the development they need (like worgen) but the reality is that the playerbase likes new stuff and races make for a perfect new thing.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2013-05-27 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereals would be sick as fuck as a playable race.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga would go Horde. The High Elves that became Blood Elves got kicked out of the Alliance just for getting help from the Naga.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Blizzard said that there would be no playable "centaur-like" races. It would be too difficult to design armor for them or something.
    Drakonids are the two legged version you see protecting the portals to the Dragonshrine in Wyrmrest. Varos Cloudstrider, Maxnos.
    You are thinking of Dragonspawn.

I also think a four legged or no legged race could work. No legs, no pants, and use chest, shoulder and head armour only. Blizzard hunted at barding a while back for pets so that could also help. There would be some issues with issues like mounts but nothing that couldn't be solved, I think. Of course, Naga might also work as their own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Now my selection for next Alliance race is Broken. Thy have a link to Outland, my guess for next theme. They can join via the Draenei. Look very unique. And have a unique voice/culture.
    Broken are Draenei already. Same culture, same story.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-05-27 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Over Ogres? Really?
    Afraid so. I mean, I get why people want them but I doubt I'd roll one beyond just checking out the start area. They just don't interest me. Naga, they'd have to give me more slots on my server for because I'd go alt crazy and actually race change some toons for the first time ever.

Ogres should be added to the Horde at some point but... meh. I'm not anti-Ogre, I'd just be a million times more excited about Naga because I'd actually play them.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Ethereal's I find unlikely due to the fact that the way the race is does not make for a very customizable race. I guess they could re-do the model or have some non ripped apart Ethereal join a faction but that goes against them wanting to make sure future races are seeded. Sure the worgen got modified to be playable but the 2 models have many similarities.
    I've actually seen some pretty impressive fanart somewhere for customizable Ethereals. It's surprising what you can do with those wrappings to mimic hair styles and such. And different colored glows and wrappings too. Hell, that alone would make them at least as diverse as the Tauren, Worgen, and Pandaren.

And @ the Arrakoa fanart posted: feathered Skeksis, yes. Hawkgirl, no. Races that lay eggs having breasted females is weird. Naga used to be Elves once upon a time so they reflect that form, but Arrakoa, Mantid, Saurak, Jinyu, etc... just not right imo. So glad Blizz ditched the Mantid with breasts concept art /shudder
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-05-27 at 08:25 PM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Why not have furbolg as an option? They already have a great relationship with the night elves and draenei, and have no love for the Horde after they invaded Ashenvale. Their starting area and capital could be in Timbermaw Hold/beneath Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Arakkoa

They look awfully familiar to the stalkers from Dead Space, altrough yours looks more ''alive'' :P

The Arrakoa were inspired by the Skeksis from Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal. That's why a lot of their villages have names that have those sorts of sounds in them. AWESOME movie! They do look a bit like those undead guys. Maybe the stalkers were inspired by Skeksis too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeksis
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-05-27 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for and want to play a High Elf. However I'm also aware that there is pretty much zero likelihood of that happening.
    If I had to pick a second out of the list I'd go with Arrakoa, as far as playable races go they are very unique appearance wise.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-05-27 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troggs for next Royal bloodline of Sotrmwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say Naga, but I play Horde now....so High Elves for Alliance!....and Naga to the Horde please. .P

Deleted
    Murlocs.

Ogres to horde.

Deleted
    well for one naga would never side with alliance since they are illidans warriors and the alliance betrayed him, and high elfs are basically blood elfs and there are enough elf races in wow as playable

Arrakoa are too niche, they're not accessible and not many people would be outwardly interested in a Bird Race that has little ties to the Alliance. The Worgen at least had that whole Gilneas backstory to tie them into things, but I don't see how you could spin Arrakoa to be anything more than 'those Bird people from that one expansion'

Ethereals would be cool, but they're supposed to be neutral. I don't see them taking sides with the Alliance, and if they did I don't know if they would be compelling to play as. They look really cool, but they're not very tangible in terms of lore or motivation. It's not a race you could see exclusive to a major faction, like why would they choose Alliance over Horde.

High Elves fit, but I do feel Blood Elves already fill that niche. Blue eyes is all they'd really have different. I would rather see the races expanded with something more unique than this, even if it were a popular choice.

Naga is another popular choice that I don't think would fit. I just don't see it happening unless they humanize them, and if they did that it'd alienate what makes the Naga cool. Besides, why side with the Alliance after all this time? Why not the Horde since they have more in common with Blood Elves than they do the Night Elves now.

Deleted
    Murlocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Ethereals, there arn't enough High Elves to call them a racial faction. Though then again, there's probably as many High Elves as there are Darkspear trolls in lore but whatever.

I'd love to have an Ethereal.
    Wasn't that true about the Blood elves and the Trolls once as well? I recall their original intro saying something about how they were very few in numbers once upon a time. o.O

However on topic, I'd love the Arrakkoa, I always thought those things looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    And @ the Arrakoa fanart posted: feathered Skeksis, yes. Hawkgirl, no. Races that lay eggs having breasted females is weird.
    Except you forget one thing, Harpy in game, They lay eggs and have breasts, you see their nests all over the place.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-05-27 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait, why is there no Furbolg option? :| I mean, Furbolgs make more sense than any other race, they are already allied with Night Elves. and they oppose Horde's reckless deforestation of Ashenvale.

High elves are basically neutral blood elves. There is no point making them another race, considering every single playable race has factions within itself that are not Alliance/Horde. None of the races listed seem like good candidates to me, but then, I think there are plenty as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves ftw imo, I would buy a race change if it was them.

Lore wise High Elves are the most reasonable choice and they make the most sense. Game wise though they are identical to Blood Elves which is bad for some people, not that I would have a problem with it personally. With the upcoming model updates I think this will be Blizzards perfect chance to make more noticeable differences between the two races due to the Blood Elves long exposure to the Sunwell / fel magic and stuff. It would make High Elves being the next race more acceptable to the mass if they were to do that.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-05-27 at 09:27 PM.