Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blizzard does not release exact numbers for sub revenues vs transfer revenues. Hell... they dont even release revenues for seperate games. If you are talking about last quarter... SC2 expansion was launched and pushed the numbers up. What we do know is that Blizzard and Activision games online subs have lowered while Blizzard is making most of their money with Operating Income.

So what you are saying is just pure guess. What we know is that alot of ppl are moving away from dead servers and have to pay 25$ per character. I know of a 10 man raiding guild that left a server - 12 players with 2-5 alts each - and faction change. They moved to more active server that had active raiding community where over 130 guilds have killed all T15 normal bosses.

All in all we were calculating that just this was making BLizzard over 2.000 $ for doing absolutly nothing. And there you have the exact reason why they are NOT merging servers. Its making them more revenues to force players to switch.
    And why exactly did they felt the urge to move? Who was forcing them? I am able to get all I need from my main and alts, don't even need AH. And I don't care if someone inspecting me in city or not. They wasted 2k$ because they wanted to, not because they HAD to. But yeah, let's blame Blizzard, that's your way to solve problems according to your posts in this thread.

Deleted
    In no way sad it is delayed. More sad that i still dunno WTF it is :P

Deleted
    To bad, blizzard really needed to release something new after the d3 catastrophy. Its damn annoying that two of my favorite game developers (valve and blizzard) always delay thier games for many years.

Also the reason wow has lost respect is because of the years characters have changed and the plot has warped, each time an expansion is released you dont feel the same need to destroy the villian anymore because you know that the next expansion it will be last years news.

In addition perhaps the main character arthas from wc3 who supposedly was almost all powerful appeared to be an orcus on his throne. Which made him completely lame in my eyes. The idea that the characters where to be his supreme champions (after destroying all of his bosses) to retake the world was a lame plot that obviously was created in order to gloss over the fact that he did jack shit during the whole expansion. Just sitting on his throne waiting with his armies just to be killed off, like previously stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Given how Crap Dota 2 is to play... not exactly hard.
    You must be a bad LoL player that got owned when he tried Dota 2

it's ok, stick with easy games baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekku View Post
    In no way sad it is delayed. More sad that i still dunno WTF it is :P
    Judging from the "not going into the right direction" stuff they don't even know themselves... up to now it's just a name associated with a future MMO game, nothing more. I'd actually be rather surprised if they can come up with a release in 2016.

This happened in the past with Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
    lol mmo-champ being an apologist as always. Always has to off-set bad/discouraging news with something that's supposed to validate it.

question is how much quicker will 5.4 be, 5.3 is pretty lack luster.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Or maybe the "B Team" that took over for Cataclysm and MoP is being demoted, and the old top devs are being brought back to get the ship back onto course. No "piss contest", just a change in leadership.

Two expansions in a row they've had problems with casual engagement. Maybe the people who pleased the casuals in Wrath are the ones to fix it.
    Alot of things have changed in two expansions. Expect the old team to take over when they have been away for 4 years is as stupid as thinking that the new PVP lead developer knows what he is doing.

And do you really believe that the current team will just take demotion after putting this much effort into the game.. even tho it was not liked that much ? Thats not how you treat ppl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blizzard does not release exact numbers for sub revenues vs transfer revenues. Hell... they dont even release revenues for seperate games. If you are talking about last quarter... SC2 expansion was launched and pushed the numbers up. What we do know is that Blizzard and Activision games online subs have lowered while Blizzard is making most of their money with Operating Income.

So what you are saying is just pure guess. What we know is that alot of ppl are moving away from dead servers and have to pay 25$ per character. I know of a 10 man raiding guild that left a server - 12 players with 2-5 alts each - and faction change. They moved to more active server that had active raiding community where over 130 guilds have killed all T15 normal bosses.

All in all we were calculating that just this was making BLizzard over 2.000 $ for doing absolutly nothing. And there you have the exact reason why they are NOT merging servers. Its making them more revenues to force players to switch.
    Server merges are a logistical nightmare. It's easy to do server mergers when your game is dying and you have 300k subs but when you have 8 million subs with 10 characters on every account you risk pissing off your whole player base. Not to mention the nightmare of teaching everyone how to fix your addon folder.

I would be pissed if I lost my character names and I'm sure others feel the same so calling Blizzard greedy is comical. Please come up with a solution that will impact the least amount of players.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    The big change of direction was made FOR Wrath. Wrath was the huge change of direction, from progression oriented, to "everyone has the right to see all content", and the super easy modes and so on. Incidentially, it was during Wrath that the game stopped growing. What has happened since Wrath is basically a number of not very successful steps to undo whatever changes broke the magic,
    Not even close. When Cataclysm came out is when Blizzard broke the "magic". WOW jumped the shark. I remember watching my guild disintegrate because of Cata and saw similar it other guilds. Eventually we started poaching to make up our raid teams. Blizz in their infinite stupidity nerfed the F out of healers in an attempt to compensate for their lousy balance issues. Super sized health pools to minimize burst in PvP, nerfing healers to keep PvP from going forever because of the new pools; healer mana efficiency dropped as you leveled - what other class got worse as they leveled?; and more.

Nah, making it easier brought people in. We first lost the wives/girlfriends/SOs that were our causal heals, and when they left their other half usually went quickly which meant our raiders fell off. Going from always having enough for a 25 to barely scraping a 10 was painful and we did that in less than four months. Other guilds were feeling the same and we ended up merging a few into our own.

So lol at the hardcore myth. It will always be a myth.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Just cancel it already.

Nobody wants this.

Agreed, I can say that I am not suprised at all. Why would they release a game that will be competition to their own game ? WoW is pumping cash like crazy for them ... I would'nt be suprised if they did an engine upgrade to WoW (ala Eve) before we see Titan !
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Deleted
    I was really trying to read everything you had to say ...even if it wasn't that easy, but this sentence just got me rolling

So make the wow f2p and release Titan fast that will be a loss for Blizz.Coz im sure wow will become f2p coz all of us or the most of us we will go to Titan.Also new generation mmos and other games like wot or war thunder are f2p(hmmm not exactly).

Objecting to your own statement lol....

Well, I guess the good news is that we can expect WoW to keep going strong, at least until 2016!

Development on Titan began during the Bush administration. It will not be released until after Obama completes two terms. LOL?

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 05:30 PM ----------

Bashiok's Mom must not have liked it.

Titan is Starcraft: Ghost. That's why they have problems with it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    While I am sad to hear about Titan's delay, I trust Blizzard's judgement.
    This statement is so misguided.

And it's Activision Blizzard.

I still have no fucking clue what Titan is, and how they ruined my beloved Diablo franchise with all the crap how can you have blind faith in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Server merges are a logistical nightmare. It's easy to do server mergers when your game is dying and you have 300k subs but when you have 8 million subs with 10 characters on every account you risk pissing off your whole player base. Not to mention the nightmare of teaching everyone how to fix your addon folder.

I would be pissed if I lost my character names and I'm sure others feel the same so calling Blizzard greedy is comical. Please come up with a solution that will impact the least amount of players.
    WoW China has already been doing server merges. CRZ also provides a look into how a merged server could work and how names are handled. Players can keep their name with their server tag added on. It is not particular elegant but it is a straight forward way to handle the name issue. What you really impact is the established community on each server and the players who specifically wanted to be on a low population server.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post

So lol at the hardcore myth. It will always be a myth.
    Hardcore myth? Blizzard gutted grinds in Cata leaving no-lifers with nothing to do. There was less content overall leaving those who participated in a certain segment consuming content far faster. Gear catch ups was even faster than WotLK. More players running around with 10-11 max level toons all VP capped calling themselves casuals complaining that there is nothing to do. Look at what happened with MoP with all the grinds coming back. It is catering to the no-lifers that continue to call themselves casuals. In WotLK these players would be called the hardcore.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-03 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Just cancel it already.

Nobody wants this.
    We don't even know what Titan is. How can you say "nobody wants it" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".