Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    However, there are some significant extra difficulties with 3-DPS compared with Tank-Heal-DPS.
    Like... everything in WoW? Of course it's easier to have a tank and a heal.
    However, I think that the different scenarii available are not designed for the same comp. Blood in the snow is pretty unforgivable if you have neither a tank or a heal while there is no reason to have a heal (or a tank) in the scenario with pirate ships.
    We try to never run a scenario with a tank-heal-dps comp since any tank can manage his own survival in these scenarii and any heal should be able to keep alive a melee dps aggroing everything. Having both a tank and a heal is just a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    ...Blood in the snow is pretty unforgivable if you have neither a tank or a heal while there is no reason to have a heal (or a tank) in the scenario with pirate ships....
    Truth. This thread has helped me see that the problems are a lot about the 5.3 heroic scenarios. Blood in the Snow is truly unforgivable. The goblin rockets can also be a bit tough with no heals. Thanks Senen.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Second wind, victory rush, die by the sword, rallying cry I don't really see the problem...
    This. And use bandage and health pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    This. And use bandage and health pots.
    A potentially expensive means of avoiding repair bills.

Is it just scenarios or are you dying in other areas in WOW (quests, raids, etc.)?

How are you playing your warrior? Buffs? Rotations? Abilities?

Are the other 2 people in the scenarios dying too?

Is that the positive thinking you were recommending? I don't find your recommendations very useful.
    My view may be skewed , since I'm at ilvl 521. But most of my deaths are pretty much self induced. I had some trouble on brewing storm the first run, got multiple poison dots on me, couldn't really see, didnt really know about the red circle to look for, which could be covered by the healing circle the npc dropped. So all kinds of things I didn't know to look out for.

Perssonally I find it easier if we have a take in the group. I run with some Pally\DKs and monks and we normally make the objective time without much issue. I'm not sure what it would be like trying to run with 3 people all in 480-490 gear, I imagine it could be a bit rough

I'd just look through the combatlog and check the "what happened to me" and see what is killing you. If it's poisions, fire, void zones, then you know to look around more. If it's melee attacks then slower smaller pulls.

All you gotta do is kill shit really fast and you get endless victory rushes. Are you under geared? Maybe get some dungeon heroic gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    but my god, I HATE SCENARIO'S AS A WARRIOR, especially if there's no healer. I keep dying and dying, and it's no fun to have to pay 50G in repair costs after each scenario.
    Second wind should be all you need in normal scenarios. Only pull as much as you can handle without a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    I'm arms, but it shouldn't matter, scenarios are supposed to be easy and fast content.
    you're right, scenarios are easy and fast content, but not heroic scenarios

I play retribution, and I'm thrilled about the difficulty of the HC scenarios. In 3-dps runs I need to keep my ccs on cooldown and use every instaheal to stay alive. I remember that our third player left during the last boss of the sea battle, and me and a fury warrior had to 2-man it. It was a long, hard fight, but we managed to kill him, and that's a thrill I haven't felt in a while.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    some people here are confused about what content I'm running.

I'm running NORMAL scenarios. I haven't yet ran a heroic scenario because I don't even have the gear for it. My warrior only dinged 90 last week.

Truth. This thread has helped me see that the problems are a lot about the 5.3 heroic scenarios. Blood in the Snow is truly unforgivable. The goblin rockets can also be a bit tough with no heals. Thanks Senen.
    Problems with 5.3 hc scenarios? What problems? That finally, after all this time, something can actually KILL you in an MMORPG outside of a raid-setting?

This is what happens when you teach players that they're gods...I don't know when you leveled, but if it was during Cata/MOP, it's obvious you got used to god-mode leveling. I mean, 1-84 you can basicly 1 shot adds your level and solo 5man instances of your lvl (if you got any self-healing capabilities).

As other posters have said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the HC scenarios. Use ALL the skills your class has, make sure your group can communicate! You mentioned "I invite the first 2 people who answer my LFM call" at some point earlier on. NO. It's NOT supposed to work like that. You're NOT supposed to invite the first 2 people who answered your LFM call in order to do HEROIC scenarios. You're supposed to invite people with decent gear, who you KNOW are good at their class, who you KNOW will not freak out when an patrol comes out of nowhere and tries to gank you.

I know the term HEROIC has been devalued like there's no tomorrow (outside of a raid setting), but at least in Scenarios they got the HEROIC part right. If you don't move, you die. If you don't interrupt, you die. If you're too blind and can't see the huge green flashing orbs that heal you for TEN PER CENT of your max life every SECOND, you die.

You're SUPPOSED to get punished when you fuck up during a game. That's how you get BETTER. What they proposed (having bad shit on the ground not kill you - instead, you do lower dmg) is one of the worst possible ideas they can come up with. It promotes the mentality of "It's ok, Im not dying, I can still stand here and do 20% dmg, the rest will make up for it", which is totally wrong.

All in all - your class is fine, I LOVE it when I got warriors in my HC scenario groups, make your group better by chosing classes that synergize well with your own, and you'll be fine.

Side-fact: I have never finished a HC scenario without getting the extra timed bonus reward, both when I've guild-grouped it AND pugged it.

Armory link for reference purposes: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dalinos/simple

If you're dying that much, you're either doing something wrong or are seriously undergeared. I've died a few times in scenarios, but every single one of those was my fault. Usually either means you stood in something bad, pulled too much, or didn't understand some mechanic that you were supposed to use to make the fights easier (as a lot of scenarios have items like bombs, etc that you can use).

Scenarios are meant to be easy, but standing in the wrong place at the wrong time can still get you killed just as quick as if you were in a raid.

Deleted
    Victory rush after each kill
    And die by sword/shockwave when dealing with a lot of mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    Normal scenarios you should just never die unless your group is severely lacking dps or if you are standing in things you shouldn't be. Heroic scenarios pretty much the same thing, just gotta take your time, make sure your group doesn't pull more mobs than it can handle.

Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    All you gotta do is kill shit really fast and you get endless victory rushes. Are you under geared? Maybe get some dungeon heroic gear.
    That is not exactly how it works mate. If someone else gets the killing blow, you do NOT get endless victory rushes. It doesn't matter if you did 99% of the damage, if the mob is then killed by the lock's Rain of Fire, or a bite from a hunter's pet, or a DK's Howling Blast or whatever, NO VICTORY RUSH FOR YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That is not exactly how it works mate. If someone else gets the killing blow, you do NOT get endless victory rushes. It doesn't matter if you did 99% of the damage, if the mob is then killed by the lock's Rain of Fire, or a bite from a hunter's pet, or a DK's Howling Blast or whatever, NO VICTORY RUSH FOR YOU.
    I'm not an idiot, I can read tooltips. If you are doing the most damage, you will be getting the majority of the killing blows. There is also an ability called execute that will significantly increase the chances of a killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I almost feel bad, I've done all the heroic scenarios solo on a mage without issue. I feel like it's doable on any class though. You shouldn't be dying to anything, especially with a full group.
    i'd like to know how to enter a scenario without a group.

Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    I'm not an idiot, I can read tooltips. If you are doing the most damage, you will be getting the majority of the killing blows. There is also an ability called execute that will significantly increase the chances of a killing blow.
    No, that's really not how it works. Doing the most damage has nothing to do with who gets the killing blow. If all my hits are doing 50k, and all of player 2's hits are doing 40k, I may be doing the most damage, but if we're hitting at approximately the same intervals my higher DPS isn't going to increase the chances of KB unless the mob gets down to where it needs exactly 50k damage to die, so that if they hit first my hit would kill it, and the other players would leave it still needing 10k to die leaving my hit to still kill it. And yeah, Execute hits like a truck, but if an execute knocks the mob down to 9k then Immolate ticks, lock gets the KB. Or maybe the mob has 400k life, your execute hits for 300k, then as you wait for the GCD to allow another execute, a blood DK's Soul Reaper explodes, or a frost DK's Obliterate hits, or a Lock's Shadowburn, or a priests SWeath, or a Monk landing a lucky RSK crit. That's how it actually works, if you're focused on a mob nobody else is, sure, chances are you'll get the KB(and even that's not guaranteed-I've had cases where nobody else was focusing on the mob and right as I was about the land the final execute, in comes a goddamn arcane blast finishing it off), but in any situation where a group of you are hitting the same mobs, the chances of you being the one to get the KB are still fairly random.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theatrice View Post
    i'd like to know how to enter a scenario without a group.
    Entering without a group isn't doable, but at least with normal scenarios if once you enter the group leaves(or AFKs) you can certainly continue along by yourself...I assume it would be the same for heroic scenarios. I was doing the normal Theramore's Fall scenario once on my DK, one player DCed and the other AFked...by the time the AFker returned and caught up with me I had already made my way to the tank boss and had it nearly dead. So I basically soloed 2/3 of the scenario despite another member being there.

Deleted
    Got it. Replace our good AOE for our poor stuns, and some positive thinking. It "should be" a sure win.
    Sounds like whining to me now. Seriously Warriors are one of the best classes for scenarios, because we have so much movement on demand, we can get out of pretty much any big AoE. We have an interrupt (two if you glyph Gag Order), several stuns if talented (you should for scenarios, even the bosses can be stunned usually), as well as really solid AoE/Cleave DPS.

The only way you could ever, EVER die in a scenario is if you're not specced into second wind, you're not using victory rush, or you're chain pulling without looking at your health, and most importantly - Not paying attention and standing in AoE/not interrupting - failing to interrupt a spell, or standing in an aoe is pretty much a one-shot kill on most of the heroic scenarios, and they do a lot of damage on the normal scenarios.

The only really difficult one imo is the dark heart of pandaria, the last boss can be a bit nasty if not handled carefully, and there's a fair amount going on, but even that is probably easier with 3 DPS than if you take a healer (because of the healing debuff).