Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Deepends on how much money I have that day.
    And if there's a game I'm wanting to play.

Deleted
    Not interested in any of the so called "next gen" consoles. All of them seem boring to me. Too much focus on being social, too little on actual game-play experience improvements.

Only one that might interest me is the Wii U, for some of the Nintendo only titles. Everything else I would rather play on my PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I do plan on picking one up later on when they're slightly cheaper and once there are some solid games out on it that have been thoroughly reviewed so that I know they're good and worth picking up along with the console. I also need to get a better television first to make it worth while.
    It will also be my first console I pick up since the PS2 came out. So I've got cause to be excited about it.

Nope,
    I have a PC why would i want an inferior system?

Please, no PC vs. console bashing. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-06-01 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    If it launches with some amazing super exciting exclusives, then I probably would... otherwise, no rush.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. No money for that.

As others have said, it depends on the titles. I won't be buying an xbox because microsoft has gone full retard lately, but i have no moral compunctions so far with the ps4, so it all depends on whether they can justify the cost to me. I'm not terribly concerned regardless, I find a good gaming pc to be much more enjoyable.

The only reason to buy one is kingdom hearts and final fantasy.

So no lol.

the only reason to buy a PS4 is because your all gay and need to get outside. so no lol im a queer and i like being butt poked. this message was typed out somewhere in the middle of the sahara on a samsung galaxy S100 50G.

Infracted
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-06-01 at 05:30 PM.

Considering the last time i bought a console on day 1 someone tried to mug me. (thankfully my dad had his m9 on him). But yeah, with the way the world is today, I think I'll wait a few days for the hype to die down before going out to get one. I will be pre-ordering it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping X1 changes their mind on daily internet connection requirement. If they don't do that by launch, I will be getting a PS4.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Not interested in any of the so called "next gen" consoles. All of them seem boring to me. Too much focus on being social, too little on actual game-play experience improvements.

Only one that might interest me is the Wii U, for some of the Nintendo only titles. Everything else I would rather play on my PC.
    I think we have hit a plateau when it comes to advancement on "game-play experience improvements" on the hardware side, with the only thing left to increase is processing power. Motion control turned out to be nothing more than a fad.

On the software side, we have risk adverse publishers to thank for the lack of innovation.

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    Considering the last time i bought a console on day 1 someone tried to mug me. (thankfully my dad had his m9 on him). But yeah, with the way the world is today, I think I'll wait a few days for the hype to die down before going out to get one. I will be pre-ordering it though.
    Order online?

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewind View Post
    Nope,
    I have a PC why would i want an inferior system?
    LOL. hardcore consoles-are-below-me PC gamers (happy?) are the new "Apple fanboys".

How do you know someone is a hardcore consoles-are-below-me PC gamer? They will tell you.

Infracted: Don't call others fanboys.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-06-01 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    As I said in a similar thread, I will eventually get a PS4 but probably not for a very long time after it's release. I'm talking like maybe at least 5 years or maybe longer. The reason is because I still feel like these new consoles excluding the Wii U aren't very necessary. The PS3 still feels pretty new to me. It wasn't like back when we had PS2, Xbox and Gamecube and then seeing the huge improvement of technology in the PS3 and Xbox 360. Also there are lots and lots of games that I still haven't even got to play for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 yet. So it's like I'm being rushed to hurry and play those 100+ games for the current consoles so I can experience the PS4. Even though it has been like what 5-6 years, I think these new consoles are too soon. All they really had to do was upgrade the hardware so the games run smoother and update the graphics. I don't think we needed a whole new $400-$500 system just for a few new features.

One thing I will say though is that I will NOT be getting an Xbox One. Microsoft truly shitted on the gamers with this one. I really don't see ANY reason whatsoever to get an Xbox One.
    I went into this thread looking for people that would bring up the Xbox One in a negative manner, even though the thread topic does not call for it at all. Microsoft hasn't "shitted" on gamers at all. Just because Microsoft didn't cater to you and the other 5% of their total demographic (the 'hardcore' gamer, and no it isn't 5% before someone asks for sources, but do realize hardcore gamers are no where near as big of a demographic for them as 'everybody else') doesn't mean they said, "Fuck gamers!"

I think what everyone wanted them to do, was come out say, "Look, heres our Xbox One, here are all the games it plays, heres the gameplay of those games, tada! Peace out bitches" and call it a day... then at E3 they could be like, "Wait guys, what the fuck do we talk about now? SHIT."

The negativity towards the Xbox is getting extremely redundant. I will laugh so hard when the Xbox One succeeds and still competes with the Playstation. I have a couple of threads bookmarked already so I can do that when the day comes.

Anyways on topic now: If I do decide to get a PS4 (its about 50/50 for me right now, only because more of my friends are Playstation gamers, and Xbox has Halo... decisions decisions!), it will probably be on launch day. If I decide to get the Xbox, it will probably be on launch day as well.

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    As others have said, it depends on the titles. I won't be buying an xbox because microsoft has gone full retard lately, but i have no moral compunctions so far with the ps4, so it all depends on whether they can justify the cost to me. I'm not terribly concerned regardless, I find a good gaming pc to be much more enjoyable.
    I have this post and thread bookmarked now for when the Xbox succeeds. No one asked for your opinion on Xbox, the thread subject is about if you'll be getting the PS4 at launch.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consoles are becoming to much like desktop computers, and I already have a desktop computer. I see no point in getting a ps4 or a xbox1 since their main focus is no longer gaming.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Consoles are becoming to much like desktop computers, and I already have a desktop computer. I see no point in getting a ps4 or a xbox1 since their main focus is no longer gaming.
    Exclusives are the only real reason to pick a console.

Its one of the reasons the whole PC vs Consoles argument is stupid. PC's wont have every game released, same way a PS3 obviously wont have every console game on it.

Even if the PS4 is doing other things, if it has the exclusives its worth owning it aswell as a PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically hesitate with the first gen models, but I am sure I will end up with one.

I don't think I'll buy either console on release, if at all. I just enjoy PC gaming more. I certainly won't be buying a Xbox One at any point, since it's less about gaming and more about everything else. And I don't think I'll buy a Wii U either, while the Wii was interesting and kind of fun developers just didn't release games for it, and I feel the same will happen because Nintendo once again pushed some useless controller on everyone, Nintendo exclusives are the only real reason I'd buy a Wii U once the price drops, I do love Zelda... As for the PS4, I think I may buy one in the future, but definitely not at release. Sony has the only exclusives worth playing, most games release on PC as well as consoles, and most games the Playstation doesn't get the PC does, such as Prototype. I feel like PC + PS4 is the best combination to play the majority of games, but I most certainly wouldn't buy it on release day, I'll never understand why anyone would with such a small amount of games and no idea if it's even going to work properly.

Currently I don't plan on buying one, but if I change my mind a few years down the line, i'll just get a used one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nay. Not until more desirable exclusives are released.

10+ Year Old Account
    no chance, if i've learned anything about consoles over the past 20 years its that launch lineups are always poor and/or new releases are sparse for the immediate period after launch. Never been one to give a damn about bells and whistles so without a decent game library i wont touch the things
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.