Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up CombatReplay addon for raids

Hi!

I would like to show you my new addon and have some feedback and suggestions on it.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-Mm3LpoA4
    you can read more about it here: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/CombatReplay.php
    find what I am planning to add here: http://phoenixstyle.com/f/index.php?topic=575.0
    and download the test version from the same website or curse.com

At the moment it has basic functions, much more will be added soon.

Waiting your feedback!

P.S. question 1:
    need your help to choose the best UI for "range check between 2 players". Now (not yet available for test):
    - normally you can click on player to see what he is casting etc.
    - BUT, when you click on button "Range check" it starts to flash, now if you click on 2 players you will see distance between them, until you click one more time on button "Range check"

is it ok? Or...?
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-06-25 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurshik87 View Post
    need your help to choose the best UI for "range check between 2 players". Now (not yet available for test):
    - normally you can click on player to see what he is casting etc.
    - BUT, when you click on button "Range check" it starts to flash, now if you click on 2 players you will see distance between them, until you click one more time on button "Range check"

is it ok? Or...?
    No idea if possible but what would be best is if you can set a Range somewhere, let's say 5 yd's and when people are to close, it shows two red circles coming out from those persons overlapping to eachother shit like that. That would be best. "Testing" their range by selecting two people and what not sounds like it would be annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    No idea if possible but what would be best is if you can set a Range somewhere, let's say 5 yd's and when people are to close, it shows two red circles coming out from those persons overlapping to eachother shit like that. That would be best. "Testing" their range by selecting two people and what not sounds like it would be annoying.
    You can see on the video - there are 2 buttons. Yes, you can set range and as you said you will see who failed. But sometimes you have to check range between 2 players (melee etc), for that there will be another button

I think your range check idea is good but another feature focusing on range would be a "range verification" check box type button. When clicked, if the fight has any range sensitive abilities, you could display a range unfilled cricle around all players (maybe bad for 25m) which would show you who is too close or it would put a red range solid circle around players who are too close together to make it easier to see at a glance who messed up.

If you like I wouldnt mind trying to help implementing some features for this addon. I haven't done any lua programming but I did recently graduate from a CS program at uwaterloo and this is really interesting =P

Deleted
    After many many discussions it was decided to change a little structure of saved data so I'll spend this week to improve it... It will reduce ram usage, but will require more calculation when you want to see the replay. But everyone with whom I spoke thinks it's better

As a result of this change you will see "instance casts" and "casts history" for every player

This is awesome. I'm really looking forward to the finished product.

I don't see it in the video but is there a way to see where the bosses are?
    Last edited by Gliff; 2013-06-04 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Just wondering if it is possible to map out where enemy enimies are on the map? Like boss and adds?

Aswell as some ground effects? I guess tracking when ppl get hit by the different effects could help with that?

I've to say it's awesome work :-)

Deleted
    I'll add boss to the map (adds.... no, maybe only some bigs), it's difficult but I'll add them, also I'll test some grounds effects... The main problem I need time in-game to test how to import images and how to work with them...

So.. just to clear things up for myself in trying to DL and test this, is this included as part of PhoenixStyle or is it standalone? Couldn't find a DL for it specifically so I assume it's bundled? Or have you just not made the alpha available yet?

Either way looks great I look forward to seeing it in action. Well done.

Deleted
    Said it in the other thread, gonna say it again. Keep up the good work! This is awesome. I hope you will also pick up phoenixstyle again, that addon in T11 was the best addon ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    more people should donate to Shurshik on phoenix style website for his amazing addon work.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurshik87 View Post
    I'll add boss to the map (adds.... no, maybe only some bigs), it's difficult but I'll add them,
    You might want to take a look at Astrolabe-1.0, it's a library that might be able to give you the position of arbitrary units.

Various AddOns (ElvUI for example) use it to calculate direction and range to your target.

- Astrolabe @ CurseForge
    - Astrolabe:GetUnitPosition API

Looks really awesome, to be honest :P

Is it showing the boss casts? Hard to tell cause the replay speed in the video is set high.

If not, showing something of a timeline may be useful too (think worldoflogs reports?). Maybe to see when major events happen, or deaths (npc or player)? Just a thought.

This has the potential to be a great (mandatory) addon.
    And if you need any help testing this PM me, think many others are also willing to help you test this.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna give it a try tonight!

Edit: All saved info is working but CombatReplay doesn't show any data on the combobox, what I'm doing wrong ?
    Last edited by inyu; 2013-06-04 at 08:42 PM.

I can't find the addon searching curse's website or through their client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    Gonna give it a try tonight!

Edit: All saved info is working but CombatReplay doesn't show any data on the combobox, what I'm doing wrong ?
    Similar problem here. I can choose one of the 3 fights in the combobox (bottom left), but I do not see anything else happen despite the time running if i click "Play".
    No "moving dots" aka players, no list of players etc. Also tried to reset the data in the options and cleared the WTF directory / re-installed the addon but it didn't fix the problem...no idea how to solve it. (Never did anything with .lua before so it's hard for me to analyse the error)

http://i.imgur.com/ZY1It4w.jpg

Deleted
    Oh, I'll try to answer everyone

is this included as part of PhoenixStyle or is it standalone?
    Standalone, curse doesn't show new addon on search, use direct link and download it from my website.

more people should donate to Shurshik on phoenix style website for his amazing addon work.
    Do not think that I am getting good money from this, there are 0 donations for last 2 months Sometimes I take a beer not more

Is it showing the boss casts? Hard to tell cause the replay speed in the video is set high.
    Look to the second part of the video, there are 4 boss with casts

All saved info is working but CombatReplay doesn't show any data on the combobox, what I'm doing wrong ?
    Similar problem here.
    There are no problems with addon used by my friends (RU client), maybe I forgot something... And it gives some errors on calculation
    Can you show me the first lua error that you get? :/
    As it is an alpha... its normal to get that problems, sorry
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-06-05 at 10:02 AM.

Oh wow, awesome!!! (just watched it quickly on my phone would test it after)
    Just some questions/suggestions:
    -Would it be useable in arena?
    -Does it store the data for replaying afterwards?
    -Is there an option to show multiple people using abilities? (was that in top of add-on, couldn't recognize it)
    -Can we also track other mobs/people simultaneously?
    -Would it be possible to put the maps in background? (as option of course)

This would be an AMAZING add-on ! And yeah I would personally use it principally for PvP

Anyway, looks really great keep up that good work !

PS: for the multiple people (allies and enemies) I thought of something like
    this ( www . youtube . com/watch?v=UdFdTiHfXyU ) - "Atrox Arena Viewer" an add-on there was in cata