Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There are just so many people now, it's no longer a pleasant place to be and it does interfere with some of the games and quests too. The Deathmatch is just stupid now - 1 chest shared betweeen 10 servers and a massive lagfest.
    It doesn't matter how many realms are involved. Look the system is designed in such a way that it pulls as many players from as many realms as it takes to get zones to an appropriate population level whether it is 2 realms or 20 realms. Again zones were designed with a certain population in mind. People in your mmo is intended. Competition is intended. If Blizzard wanted everyone to have competition free empty zones they would have just given us our own personal copy of whatever zone we are in.

Also please do keep in mind that cross realm zones technology also makes it possible to split overcrowded zones into separate instances so for all you know DMF island could be significantly more crowded without it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    CRZ has NEVER done anything good ever. Invite RealID is one thing, but always on CRZ ruins Gameplay for me and everyone i know ( PVe realm also so pre-stfu about being "ganked"). this is just another BS area to me now.
    Again people in your mmo are intended. I have come to the conclusion that the people still claiming they are having problems with cross realm zones are either lying through their teeth or just simply not understanding how the technology works. The sheer lack of specific information in how exactly it is causing problems just makes it more obvious that it isn't a valid complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And? Rare pets are meant to be rare and again zones were designed with a certain population in mind and yes I'm sorry but that includes spawn rates. Also you do know no one can solo the mob that drops this pet right? It requires a rather large group and if anything that is probably why DMF island is a cross realm zone now since not every realm has enough people around to kill it. Cross realm zones were designed for exactly this purpose.
    The spawn timers of quest items and targets are usually dynamic. The more people are after them, the faster they respawn. But that is not the case all over the board with all targets. And for the DMF targets that seems to be the case, that they are not re-spawning quick enough.

I'm on a high pop realm, and the faire was never as crowded even back when it opened, as it is right now.
    It needs adjustments.
    The bunny is quite a joke nowadays btw. You really needed a full raid of 40 people back when it was introduced. Today it's a cake walk.
    Last month I was doing basic quests with a level 17 toon, and the rabbit was up. They've invited me to the raid, there were like 15 level 90s in it. despite me saying that I was only level 17. Was actually hilarious since I of course never managed to hurt that thing, and he outright ignored me. I didn't do 1 point damage, nor did I ever got hit by one.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If I remember correctly DMF has been on CRZ for 1-2 months now. It might use the same feature as the Brawler's Guild. With that I mean that if you hit a certain amount of players from your realm in that zone, it won't be on CRZ.
    Also there is the fact that it takes around 24 hours for cross realm zone changes to happen. If there truly is overcrowding issues then players need to start posting it on the bug report forums so it can get looked at and fixed.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As a rare farmer (mobs,pets,mounts) I whole-heartedly agree. I don't know what it is about Blizz, but they seem to just pick whatever my favorite thing to do in WoW at the time and destroy it. In wotlk, god I love raiding, I am so happy to be able to do 10 and 25 man per my own choice a week. In Mop, well I've caught up on all raiding and factions time to get to some of that rare farming I've put aside ... Oh, I have to compete with 100 other servers for 1 TLPD now? sweet. I must really be in the minority of players for the things i like to do in WoW - and there must be a hellava lot of people that like their choices restricted when playing a video game.

Stop it. Just stop it. There are ZERO cross realm zones with over 100 realms in it. Please learn how the feature works before mindlessly complaining about it. People like you make it that much harder for players with legitimate complaints to be heard and end up being written off by other players as just another whiner. Seriously give it a rest. If you aren't going to be part of the solution then at least stop being part of the problem.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand people complaining about CRZ. Seriously, it makes no difference at all. Instead of having dead areas with have areas with players.

Why do you even play online games if you don't want to find people? really it's that way.

Would have less problem with CRZ if it also adjusted the spawn rates for certain rares slightly higher to compensate for the added number of people fighting over them. As it is, people on low-pop crappy servers have a disadvantage for finding good guilds, PUGS, activity in general but they also have no compensating benefit for their crappy low player time too now because of CRZ.

CRZ would be fine if it was FULLY implemented, but as it stands now if you play on a super low pop server you have to compete with other players for everything as if you were on an extremely high population server but you don't get any of the advantages like a stocked AH or a stock of decent raiding guilds / organized pvpers to choose from.

People who say "just buy it off the AH" have clearly never looked at how empty the AH is on low pop server, a problem made 100x worse by people on these servers having to compete with people from other servers for many things.

People don't like CRZ because it doesn't solve the problem of low population servers, it just creates the illusion that you aren't playing on one while making the real problems (crappy guilds, crappy economies) much much MUCH worse.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-06-02 at 05:28 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you know that? It is an assumption out of thin air. I can as well claim most people would prefer a empty world. I would, for example.
    So you are saying we don't know if people don't like other people in their mmo when their complaint is entirely built around people being in their mmo? This sort of cognitive dissonance only serves to prevent constructive discussion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reesi - View Post
    CRZ is a nice feature. I like seeing questing areas populated. However, I believe it's overused in certain areas. DMFI is very small, and shouldn't need CRZ. I'll have to look myself to see how bad it really is.
    Again zones were designed with a certain population in mind even DMF island. When they were designing the zone for 4.3 they were already working on cross realm zones so to claim Blizzard is putting too many people in cross realm zones is just flat out ignorant.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hate CRZ when I am leveling or questing or farming. I think it is a cheap way for Blizzard to give new players the illusion of a very alive world without actually solving the problem of dead servers.

That said, I do like CRZ on the DMF island. It doesn't really get in the way of anything important. I wouldn't mind CRZ in zones where there is no competition for things like towns and sanctuaries.
    What illusion? Are you saying the players in cross realm zones aren't real players? I don't get this claim. As far as low pop realms go cross realm zones has nothing to do with it. It was designed to populate low pop ZONES not realms and merging realms would only merge cities leaving older zones empty. Please educate yourself on the feature before spouting nonsense. Also keep in mind cross realm zone technology is laying the groundwork for future technologies that are specifically meant to target low pop realms.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I guess crz for a pvp server makes sense. But please GTFO my pve realm.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:01 AM ----------

LOL, because sitting in Ogri is "playing" with other people. OKay - I have no problem if CRZ only effected main cities.
    Again the entire point of cross realm zones is to populate zones. A lot of cities have enough players in them which is why many of them aren't a part of cross realm zones. Again if you are going to complain about a feature you really should learn about it first.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    it only gives the illusion that its alive, the only things that became more "alive" is lowbie lvling and duels outside of org/sw

coz a game in which you can raid/bg with up to 40 people totally means that without CRZ WoW feels like a single-player game

that rabbit requires at least 15+ people to kill, only drops one per kill, and has a respawn averaging at 14-42 hours, and the DMF only lasts 1 week out of every month... and you imply that without CRZ it ISNT a battle to get this pet?????

you're the type of idiot who thinks wow is only great when you have to take an excessive amount of time to do anything....
    Again how is it an illusion? How are they not real players? It matters not which realm they are on because cross realm zones are shared zones. Those players are every bit as real as you or anyone else so please stop spouting this nonsense it only makes you look ignorant. Honestly how can you sit there and whine about people in your mmo and in the same breath point out it requires a large group to kill the darkmoon rabbit? Seriously? This is the ENTIRE point of cross realm zones and I really just honest to god can't understand why you people can't comprehend that.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    i really hate ppl that go "CRZ world alive good! derp derp"
    its only an illusion, u might as well be playing with npc's, the ore the herbs the pets they all go to THEIR servers, to benefit THEM, its an US VS THEM situation.

and ppl are so..... dont wanna get banned for speaking truth so whatever. use your brains people.
    Can someone explain to me how players cease to be players simply because it is a cross realm zone? Again for the millionth time those players are every bit as real as you are. As far as resources going to other realms you do realize people bring those resources back to your realms right? It isn't one way and that is besides the point considering spawn rates are reliant on zone population. If a zone has 30 people in it spawn rates will change accordingly. Stop pushing misinformation and lies because no one is buying it anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:45 PM ----------

im saying that it was already difficult to get before CRZ, i wasnt implying your playboy mansion e-z mode thing
    Yes it was difficult to get the darkmoon rabbit before because on many realms DMF island didn't always have enough people to form a group to kill it. Cross realm zones resolved that issue. Not seeing a problem here.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I loved CRZ as long as there was world PvP going on in TBC (at CRZ implementation). Nowadays it's more of an annoying thing, they should activate it in Pandaria and implement a fix for ores/herbs so he prices don't sky-rocket. Else it's just bound to be annoying and that's it.
    Pandaria doesn't need it as those zones are typically populated to Blizzard's standards. Again people are missing the point of what this feature was meant to do.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    crz is a fantastic idea- I mean it could be the revolution of this game if done correct-

That said the half arse way they have actually implemented it into the game currently is the worst thing they have ever done to wow in my honest opinion, I have already laid out the most common bugs which still exist even when blizz say they are fixed in another post. Current Crz gives an illusion of more population--sometimes

That is the only benefit for someone on a pve realm atm- an illusion sometimes! Otherwise if they don't implement it properly it is a waste of everyones time. That isn't an opinion it is fact
    Again how are players not players because they are in a cross realm zone? This isn't a valid argument against cross realm zones and only shows how ignorant most of you are. As far as the bugs go they have all mostly been fixed. Any remaining bugs should be posted on the bug report forums so QA can take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are several month's behind. DMF has been CRZ'ed since they first implemented it.

If you mean the fair has been crz'd since the fair was implented then on it hasn't...if you mean it's been crz'd since crz was implemented again no it hasn't (unless I've been managing to go there at the exact time that only people from my own server fancied going and absolutely no one else in EU went)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Good luck doing e.g. that First Aid quest now, where you need to use bandages on 4 NPCs, and... voila - there are only 4 NPCs up at same time! Even in last day of DMF I had to wait for NPCs respawns.

Also preMoP patch added rare rabbit there. Though this rabbit, as well as all rare mobs in Outland, Northrend and Cataclysm, looks like is removed from the game entirely with CRZ.

Indeed, and there is nothing more frustrating than log into game and not play but sit in some queue waiting for respawns.
    Thanks for proving yet again the cross realm zone hate brigade has no fucking idea what they are talking about. There are NPCs for that quest all over DMF island.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 01:55 PM ----------

its already rare nooblord

there is 0 point making it rarer
    Making it easier for people to form groups for it makes it more rare? What? You people do know this needs a large group right? I'm really just baffled as to why people think this is a remotely legitimate complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Supposed to be a very rare pet, which wasn't rare at all on low pop realms.
    Which was ok because low pop realms have to contend with terrible server economies; as in they can't even buy the dark moon rabbit now let alone attempt to farm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Easy rare gathering was one of the only benefits of low pop realms. The other being little competition for resource spawns (which is counteracted by larger realms having way cheaper mats on the AH). Those were literally the only benefits to being on a low pop realm. The only one they have now is easy farming for max level mats.

If you don't think CRZ has had anything to do with low pop servers dying, then you're probably not on a low pop server. My server went from medium pop to low pop in the months following CRZ, and it's only getting worse. There are now no 25 man raiding guilds on my server. None.
    Low pop realms were never meant to have benefits over other realms. Again this is the entire point of cross realm zones as it normalizes zone population for every realm regardless of realm population. Are you seriously blaming cross realm zones for issues with 25 man raiding? Are you fucking kidding me right now? Not everything in this game is the fault of cross realm zones.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    CRZ automatically removes all rare mobs from the world. I thought it wasn't secret. Most of rare mobs were removed from the game entirely.

Also rare - means not regular, in terms of NPC spawns it means longer than regular respawn time. Rare doesn't mean that it spawns once in a eternity.
    100% completely totally absolutely unequivocally FALSE. Want proof? You only need to look at the new undead pet in Northrend. It's spawn rate was implemented with cross realm zones in mind. Or are you saying Blizzard is so inept and short sighted that they forgot about cross realm zones?
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-06-02 at 06:01 PM.

@xanzul

CRZ-ed people might just aswell be npcs cause thats how much they benefit your server. I just dont see the point in seeing more people in the world if all they do is make queues out of stuff, if there were group quests i would understand but at the moment there really is no reason to group up

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I still don't understand people complaining about CRZ. Seriously, it makes no difference at all. Instead of having dead areas with have areas with players.

Why do you even play online games if you don't want to find people? really it's that way.
    Yeah! areas full of players who (Due to several rules involving mob-tagging and looting) are only a hindrance, yay!

If Blizz wants this to work out properly, they need to make some changes to questing, make mobs taggable by anybody (You do damage to it, you can get quest-items and credit for them) for a start, more dynamic respawning of loose mobs and ground spawns, if the point is to make players happy to have other players around (Besides the "people moving in the distance"-thing), they should first make crowds less of an annoyance...

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Try doing the First Aid quest :3
    Try looking around the island first before resorting to stamping your feet and whining about a nonexistent problem.

Deleted
    its already rare nooblord

there is 0 point making it rarer
    It's laughable you go around calling people idiot and nooblord, if you can't deal with something actually BEING rare, then you should move along. You should have to work for what you want, fighting against the RNG and other people playing this game. This is an MMO not a single player game, where you can link your xbox profile on forums and show off.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    100% completely totally absolutely unequivocally FALSE. Want proof? You only need to look at the new undead pet in Northrend. It's spawn rate was implemented with cross realm zones in mind. Or are you saying Blizzard is so inept and short sighted that they forgot about cross realm zones?
    I am sorry, but I never saw that pet as also never saw any rare in 61-85 zones since CRZ. I only know about that pet from mmo-champion news.
    Thanks for proving yet again the cross realm zone hate brigade has no fucking idea what they are talking about. There are NPCs for that quest all over DMF island.
    Ok, so you suggest to run around entire island while in queue for NPCs? Doesn't make any sense to me. Especially when wowhead says they spawn only in two spawn locations close to each other. I didn't know that 2 spawn points = spawn all over the island.

The only complaint I have about more people at the DMF is the damned Shooting Gallery. That counter should be electrified. Stand on it and you are insta-killed.

Whoever decided that NPC should be handing out profession quests is a sadist, an idiot or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    If you mean the fair has been crz'd since the fair was implented then on it hasn't...if you mean it's been crz'd since crz was implemented again no it hasn't (unless I've been managing to go there at the exact time that only people from my own server fancied going and absolutely no one else in EU went)
    It has been CRZ'ed since it was first implemented. My old realm Detheroc (barren wasteland) always had the faire CRZ'ed). It's a possibility everytime you went there was just enough from your realm for it to not be considered for CRZ. You can also see back months worth of threads of where people were complaining about DMF being CRZ'ed for various reasons, one including time zone difference between all the different realms and Blizzard came up with the universal reset time.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

If the thousands upon thousands of posts on both here and the WoW general chat forums haven't explained that enough to you... than clearly you don't give a damn about why.

It's not about "isolation" or PVP ganking... it's about the removal of community, it's about overcrowding, it's about not wasting our play time flying around for an hour finding nothing, its about low-pop having a decimated economy, it's about ADDING zone-lag access, it's about borking up the fishing contests, it's about borking up time, it's about causing passenger dismounts when zoning....

This is meant to be an MMORPG... not friggin' Battlefield 3.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    @xanzul

CRZ-ed people might just aswell be npcs cause thats how much they benefit your server. I just dont see the point in seeing more people in the world if all they do is make queues out of stuff, if there were group quests i would understand but at the moment there really is no reason to group up
    That's really the deal here...

The WOW overworld is designed to be competetive, not cooperative - and just slapping random players from other servers adds no benefit.

That's why I don't have a problem with what Elder Scrolls ONline is doing. They're doing their version of CRZ, called "megaserver", right. There are no servers - you can guild with whomever, group with whomever, friend with whomever... but MOST importantly the overworld is designed to be COOPERATIVE!!! Nodes and lootable items are IDed to the player, not the world. So you can tap that same mineral node you see somebody else tapping - and you'll get your portion. See somebody killing mobs you need? No problem! Start attacking that persons mobs and not only will you get credit, but your own loot table too. You don't even need to group up!

If Blizz made THOSE changes to the game BEFORE IMPLEMENTING CRZ - that would've gone over MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Fixed.

And I apologize, but your ideals about blizzard "destroying" rare spawning because now there's competition means that you don't actually care about rare farming, you just care about the rewards. Entitlement at its best.
    Wow sorry it took so long for me to reply to your bullshit. There was plenty of compitition before - you know since i dont have all the rares i want, and im fine with compition on my medium to heavy pop server - I don't need 35 other server of people - 1 pop for all of those servers when there used to be a pop for each one - and on top of that now if i see it, it might just phase out. Nice try though. Now get back under the Blizzard table and resume your normal job.