what about brewfest?

recently in an interview blizzard said they didnt have any plans to update the holidays, but last year they said they were gonna add stuff to brewfest for the pandaren.

are they not gonna update brewfest for the pandaren now? are we just gonna have the two pandaren sitting outside brewfest and never participating? i think this is a real shame, pandaren helped CREATE brewfest and now that they are playable you arent gonna let them take part in it?

this is a travesty
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    They should really update the holidays for every year, or at least try to. I remember my first brewfest. It was awesome. I'd like theese moments back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    They should really update the holidays for every year, or at least try to. I remember my first brewfest. It was awesome. I'd like theese moments back.
    or atleast add a little extra rewards like mounts or pets, they dont even have to be good mounts or pets they could just be like the tcg mounts and just be mobs with saddles added or something.

but i think brewfest is the biggest one needing to be updated considering the pandaren are now playable
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

My first brewfest blew my mind away. It was like I was 10 years old and discovering deep RPGs for the first time, such was my sense of wonder.

Which is weird, because I was 24 and otherwise perfectly normal. But spending all that effort on an ingame event... man. Humans can be weird.

No if anything Lunar festival needs updated since it's basically a month long event of nothing. Brewfest is fine. also Buff harvest festival

Deleted
    Also, now that the Dark iron are with the alliance...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-next-Brewfest

made similar thread awhile ago.
    And if they didn't update it, then i would be pretty sad that they said something but they didn't do it =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No if anything Lunar festival needs updated since it's basically a month long event of nothing. Brewfest is fine. also Buff harvest festival
    theres no lore reason to justify updating the lunar festival. the pandaren helped CREATE brewfest, chen stormstout was there for the ORIGINAL competition.

the pandaren not being contestants at brewfest would be like the blood elves not being allowed at a hair styling competition

Also, now that the Dark iron are with the alliance...
    Tauren are with the Horde, but about the Grimtotem.... Direbrew is an ass, in any given time, period.

I just hope the brewfest trinkets will get an item level update. Especially with the patch coming, no one will ever even glance at them if they remain as they are.

For clarification; with 5.0 and 5.1 reputation trinkets becoming purchasable with justice points, there are at least two 489/496 trinkets. In addition, the new Timeless Isle will offer two different trinkets; the Shaohao 496 ilvl trinket and an upgradable 496/535 trinket for each role. And the brewfest trinkets have always been sub-par at best, related to their item level.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    I just hope the brewfest trinkets will get an item level update. Especially with the patch coming, no one will ever even glance at them if they remain as they are.

For clarification; with 5.0 and 5.1 reputation trinkets becoming purchasable with justice points, there are at least two 489/496 trinkets. In addition, the new Timeless Isle will offer two different trinkets; the Shaohao 496 ilvl trinket and an upgradable 496/535 trinket for each role. And the brewfest trinkets have always been sub-par at best, related to their item level.
    Don't think they did that in previous expansions, so i don't think they do it now.

atleast give the pandaren a little tent or something

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Don't think they did that in previous expansions, so i don't think they do it now.
    They did some times, but not all the time. Can't remember exactly which times, though.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Going to have to agree, the race that gave the world Brewmasters should have a presence at Brewfest. The thing about the Dark Irons, though... During the invasion event they're all drunk as lords. They also seem to not be trusted much in dwarven society, so it's plausible that their brew would still be prohibited from the competition, which is the reason they attack in the first place. And apparently BRD is still their actual home base, it just hasn't been updated because Blizzard is reluctant to remove a much-beloved 5 man.

I'd still think the event fits current lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Going to have to agree, the race that gave the world Brewmasters
    That would be dwarves.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    That would be dwarves.
    no it wouldnt. the pandaren are the original brewmasters dating back to ancient times, back when the dwarves werent even capable of eating or drinking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Going to have to agree, the race that gave the world Brewmasters should have a presence at Brewfest. The thing about the Dark Irons, though... During the invasion event they're all drunk as lords. They also seem to not be trusted much in dwarven society, so it's plausible that their brew would still be prohibited from the competition, which is the reason they attack in the first place. And apparently BRD is still their actual home base, it just hasn't been updated because Blizzard is reluctant to remove a much-beloved 5 man.

I'd still think the event fits current lore.
    even with the dark irons being allies coren direbrew would still be pissed off about only getting 2 votes.

It's still possible that Pandaren will be added. If you go back and re-read the front page, it says that they have no plans to do any major updates but will still do their yearly updates. So they could change some of the vendors to Pandaren, maybe have Chen show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It's still possible that Pandaren will be added. If you go back and re-read the front page, it says that they have no plans to do any major updates but will still do their yearly updates. So they could change some of the vendors to Pandaren, maybe have Chen show up.
    that would be fine, even just a small tent would be fine with me.

awhile back i had an idea for a little mini event where chen and brann bronzebeard show up for a drinking competition and you can throw beer to the one you want to win and whoever wins gives a different buff to everyone there (like say if chen wins you get a flat rep plus 10% and if brann wins you get something like gold plus 10% or something)

would be kind of like how gelbin shows up in the morning to pop open the keg, they could have the horde version be chen versus rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can make excuse that the panda's weren't accepted to join the brewfest, because it's dwarf only.
    Which means dwarfs are racists!