Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was online right as the event hit. Made 40g off selling my early taffy+chests, and managed to get a holo-wings drop which sold for another 45. Pretty happy with this so far.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo... I'm at ~950 normal dragon coffers opened and 5 rich coffers.

Still no weapon tickets.

Yay for idiotic RNG.

EDIT: ~1200 coffers, still nothing.
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2013-06-12 at 12:17 AM.

I bought 50 Rich Dragon Coffers and got one ticket. I LOVE RNG!!!

Is Dragon Ball and/or Moa Racing going to be required to get the meta achievement? Those are the two I'd like to avoid if possible. I'll do the Moa Racing if I have to (I hate gambling), but I've always avoided the PvP activities during other holiday events and gotten the meta so hopefully Dragon Bash is no different.

Deleted
    ^
    There are 3 ach related to those.

1. win 3 moa races ( the bird you place the bet on needs to finish first )
    2. play 20 DB matches
    3. win 20 DB matches

The Dragon Bash Experience meta-achievement will reward a set of Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings back item skin for players who have completed 10 out of the 14 total Dragon Bash achievements (Case Closed not included).
    Last edited by mmocb85e155447; 2013-06-12 at 03:08 AM.

I'm always impressed by how much effort they put into their annual events.

This event sucks ass...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    This event sucks ass...
    Have to say I am quite dissapointed aswell. I really like the atmosphere and the graphics but the RNG boxes and the insane amount of candy needed is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

It's not just that.
    The DB arena has shit tons of leavers so out of the 20matches I played only 7 were 5v5...
    Then the other achievements are all just "go and click this shit a gazillion times" (fireworks/pinata).
    Moa racing is simply a text-based game, I can make a "game" that does the exact same shit in less than 15min.
    Kill 300x this also isn't something new...

The weapons and backpieces are cool though but I prefer game-play over shinies...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A lot of this cosmetic stuff holds no appeal for me personally. There is literally no reason I have to to work toward anything in the game, frankly. The game is rather empty-ish. I just wander the zones killing stuff with no actual end/point/reason.
    Unfortunately and as more of a PvEer that's exactly how I feel with this game as well. I mean for me personally this game has amazing graphics and they release amazing new skins for weapons/armor/whatever but I can never avoid thinking to myself "for what??". To run around LA showing off or like you said wandering around doing mindless killing? I just can't feel the drive to even try to get them because once again in my own opinion the game has nothing exciting or challenging to look/work for PvE wise. It's actually quite frustrating really it's an absolutely gorgeous game and it feels they're using only 10% of its potential

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

Still no weapon tickets.

Yay for idiotic RNG.

EDIT: ~1200 coffers, still nothing.
    I've opened quite a lot as well and got nothing so far. I'm not expecting anything because I just know my luck, but I so want at least one of those weapons.. A guildie of mine got 2 tickets out of the first 2 coffers he opened lol! I was also in a party today with a chap that had 2 holo wings from mobs. The RNG Gods just love some people and hate others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

Still no weapon tickets.

I got a ticket at ~150 regular coffers. The 5 rich coffers I bought yielded nothing.
    Valar morghulis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to know what anet was thinking with this event. Its just bad. The art team did an amazing job but this event is lacking...

Can we finally say they need to focus less on events and start looking into an expansion because this isn't doing much for anyone it seems.

well believe it or not, they are adding stuff to the event

there were the same exact complaints on the halloween and winters day events

Funny, for all my complaining over other things I really don't see what people are complaining about with this event... it's going almost exactly like wintersday and halloween, obviously there is a lot more to come.

If dragon bash is like the last two holiday events, it will be 9001 times better than anything else they add to the game *cough* living story *cough*

ANet - give me another clocktower and I'll stop complaining for a whole month!

Hahah. I think I opened maybe...30 rich coffers so far?
    I have right now:
    3 dragon skins
    3 Risen Knight Mini
    and sold the other stuff.

I've completed fireworks/candy achieves so quick...

I have yet to do Dragon Ball tho.

So far the event seems pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Funny, for all my complaining over other things I really don't see what people are complaining about with this event... it's going almost exactly like wintersday and halloween, obviously there is a lot more to come.

If dragon bash is like the last two holiday events, it will be 9001 times better than anything else they add to the game *cough* living story *cough*

/mumbles something about a dragon queen and a mysterious rock formation in Gendarran Fields that ports you away if you get too close
    Valar morghulis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

Ima just throw this out there...why not start an event with some fun stuff? However from what I've read we don't have alot coming this event unlike the other events you spoke of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Hahah. I think I opened maybe...30 rich coffers so far?
    I have right now:
    3 dragon skins
    3 Risen Knight Mini
    and sold the other stuff.

I've completed fireworks/candy achieves so quick...

I have yet to do Dragon Ball tho.

So far the event seems pretty good.
    I..don't like you!

I really hate how they did the holograms. I was looking forward to farming them (like the Halloween doors), but the way they've been implemented you're in competition with everyone else. There's only 4 mobs per node, they're usually 1-2 shottable, and there's an 8 minute respawn time. I ended up having to go to almost every zone on the map before I eventually found one that had some. I was really confused for a while because I wasn't seeing a single dragon symbol on any map I went to until I figured out it's because the locations are being camped/farmed that badly. I finally managed to find two relatively near each other on a map that wasn't over-farmed and it still took me several hours to get the 300 kill achievement done.

Can't say the pinatas or fireworks were fun (especially when you don't get credit if someone else hits it at the same time), but they probably weren't meant to all be done at once either. Really not looking forward to the Moa racing and am hoping they remove it from the meta, change the achievement, or reduce the cost. 50s for an 80% chance to not get achievement credit is unacceptable. I'm still not sure if I'll end up having to do Dragon Ball, I'd rather not and judging by the afk complaints I'm guessing many others feel the same.

What they need is another maze like Halloween had filled with the hologram minions. I'd spend TONS of time in there and have fun doing it. Now that I have my kill achievement I'm probably not going to bother with the hologram locations anymore, it's too much of a hassle.