Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Good Guy Chris Christie should be a model for how all Republicans act

NJ Senator Frank Lautenberg died on Monday. Today, Governor Christie held a press conference to announce what was going to happen with his seat.

Though NJ law allows him to appoint a (Republican) Senator in the Democratic Lautenberg's place, he's opted to hold a special election instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's wooing the Dem. voters of the tri-state area for his eventual 2016 run for president.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    He's wooing the Dem. voters of the tri-state area for his eventual 2016 run for president.
    This is me giving exactly zero fucks. If a politician is doing what's best for the electorate because they want the electorate to like them... that's not subterfuge. That's being a good representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    This is me giving exactly zero fucks. If a politician is doing what's best for the electorate because they want the electorate to like them... that's not subterfuge. That's being a good representative.
    For your sake. I hope you're right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what he plans on doing once elected.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Wish he ran for the presidency in '12. Would have been a much better candidate than Romney. For a politician, he's a fairly likeable guy. To me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Depends on what he plans on doing once elected.
    Well we can only work with the information we have in the present. As in, we know how he's handled his position before. There's no reason to think he'd change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we can only work with the information we have in the present. As in, we know how he's handled his position before. There's no reason to think he'd change.
    Exactly. So he's still a right wing, "right to work", pro-corporation, anti-union, anti-tax, Koch brothers puppet.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    He also just recently underwent lap band surgery.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Exactly. So he's still a right wing, "right to work", pro-corporation, anti-union, anti-tax, Koch brothers puppet.
    I don't recall him ever having anything to do with the Koch brothers... or being pro-corporation (He has, in fact, drawn the ire of every retailer in the state including Walmart)... but as for everything else? Yeah, that's exactly what he is. It's also exactly why 70% of NJ loves him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised he didn't appoint Booker. A special election seems like the right thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall him ever having anything to do with the Koch brothers... or being pro-corporation (He has, in fact, drawn the ire of every retailer in the state including Walmart)... but as for everything else? Yeah, that's exactly what he is. It's also exactly why 70% of NJ loves him.
    He's relationship with the Koch Bro's is murky. They did recently turn on him, but he has had support from them in the past. As for the pro-corporation, his stances on "right to work" and pension reform place him in that camp in my opinion.

I have no issues with people liking him, so long as they like him for who he is and not what he wants others to think he his.

-Kujako-

Do you not know how politicians work? Did you vote for Obama?
    1. Tell electorate what they want to hear while not losing a critical amount of undecided voters
    2. Get into office
    3. Do whatever you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    1. Tell electorate what they want to hear while not losing a critical amount of undecided voters
    2. Get into office
    3. Do whatever you want
    1. Kinda of. I voted against McCain and Romney. Every four years I listen to what all sides have to say, and then vote against the most crazy. More often then not that's the Republican.

3. Actually, Obama has a far better track record (still far from perfect) of adhering to his campaign promisses.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That would be a good strategy if he stood a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the Republican nomination. He's waaaay to friendly with Dems and Independents. Republicans fear him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    That would be a good strategy if he stood a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the Republican nomination. He's waaaay to friendly with Dems and Independents. Republicans fear him.
    He must be hoping the wingnuts have finally spun off their bolt and flown off into the distance.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why you shouldn't vote for him, if you disagree with his ideology.

The difference between Christie and most Republican representatives is that I feel I could have a beer with Christie, despite ideological differences. I'm perfectly happy with people pushing a different ideology than I believe in, as long as they're decent folks. I felt the same way about Huntsman in the lead-up to 2012's election, but the Republican voters didn't apparently agree.

uh he is doing it to save his ass. Outside of Sandy he done nothing for New Jersey residents besides drain their emergency reserves and regress the state transportation to nothing. His policies are shit, but a good salesman can sell an Eskimo ice.

This should be a model for all politicians, not just republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    2. Get into office
    3. Do whatever you want
    So in conclusion if republicans don't do what democrats agree with, they're bad. If they do something that democrats agree with, they will eventually be bad?

Edit: or maybe you are saying you could also replace republicans and/or democrats with politicians

15+ Year Old Account
    NJ Senator Frank Lautenberg died on Monday. Today, Governor Christie held a press conference to announce what was going to happen with his seat.

Though NJ law allows him to appoint a (Republican) Senator in the Democratic Lautenberg's place, he's opted to hold a special election instead.
    He is a good governor, too bad he is obese.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.