• Legal

175 82.94%
  • Illegal

36 17.06%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do though because there interesting some of them

Just how much do we spend a year "trying" to stop this again?
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Didn't a thread similar to this get locked?

*edit* vindicatorx beat me too it.
    They usually do because of responses like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Illegal, and punish the fiends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    There are pharm drugs in the final pase trials for cancer pain and MS spasticity treatment made from canibis right now.
    Don't know about all the types of marijuana based pills... but I know the ones around 2008 could cause liver failure and for organ transplants you are required to take a drug test. If you fail the drug test, you're thrown at the bottom of the list while others are put ahead of you, including people who need new livers because they're morbidly obese. The reason it's like that is because marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act... a schedule 1 substance can be abused, has no accepted medicinal properties and is not deemed safe. So when you try to explain your situation about how the marijuana pills are your medicine... they look at you and say, according to the CSA, marijuana is not medicinal, so you are last priority for transplants.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could not vote. But its not that I'm undecided, its just that not everyone has the capability to control themselves especially around even slightly addictive substances. Its not a matter of it should be legal/illegal for all, some people can handle taking a substance once or twice and not growing an addiction to it, some people can't. Unfortunately society, nowadays, demands that we place this substance clearly in one of two categories; illegal, legal.

Ideally speaking everyone should be aware of any substances ability to be misused and therefore it should never be misused.
    Realistically speaking some people are just more susceptible to addiction and so the legality of it should depend on how many people can control themselves. Kind of like the way alcohol/cigarettes are supposed to work = you know the risks and choose to do it/not do it.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I don't see a problem with it being legal, regulate its use similar to alcohol(no operating heavy equipment under its use, no going to work stoned, etc). With proper taxation, the cost to police it for purposes of such should be outweighed by the revenue it generates from legalized growers and sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Could not vote. But its not that I'm undecided, its just that not everyone has the capability to control themselves especially around even slightly addictive substances. Its not a matter of it should be legal/illegal for all, some people can handle taking a substance once or twice and not growing an addiction to it, some people can't. Unfortunately society, nowadays, demands that we place this substance clearly in one of two categories; illegal, legal.

Ideally speaking everyone should be aware of any substances ability to be misused and therefore it should never be misused.
    Realistically speaking some people are just more susceptible to addiction and so the legality of it should depend on how many people can control themselves. Kind of like the way alcohol/cigarettes are supposed to work = you know the risks and choose to do it/not do it.
    This is exactly what I am talking about.

Peer review studies have indicated that Cannabis is no more addictive that Caffeine or Acetaminophen. Cannabis isn't addictive, please quit spreading misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    full on legal in one state already. you 14% need to get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Don't know about all the types of marijuana based pills... but I know the ones around 2008 could cause liver failure and for organ transplants you are required to take a drug test. If you fail the drug test, you're thrown at the bottom of the list while others are put ahead of you, including people who need new livers because they're morbidly obese. The reason it's like that is because marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act... a schedule 1 substance can be abused, has no accepted medicinal properties and is not deemed safe. So when you try to explain your situation about how the marijuana pills are your medicine... they look at you and say, according to the CSA, marijuana is not medicinal, so you are last priority for transplants.
    Theses are medications refined from canibis still being tested for safety. So they aren't actually pot pills.

I don't believe it should be legal. I've met way too many fools who smoke it and preach to me all of its "Economic benefits", horseshit. Using alcohol as an excuse is stupid as well. Just because one drug that is legal is in your opinion "worse" doesn't make it right to legalize another drugs. Two wrongs don't make a right, a lesson many don't learn despite their age.

Personally I don't think it should be leal. Granted ppl will still continue whether its legal or not. But I cannot just agree with something that turns ppl into complete morons as good thing for greater society.

I can't seem to find the idc button. Have nothing against it, the culture is annoying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't think it should be leal. Granted ppl will still continue whether its legal or not. But I cannot just agree with something that turns ppl into complete morons as good thing for greater society.
    Agreed. Banning alcohol will surely work the second time around.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Agreed. Banning alcohol will surely work the second time around.
    Alcohol is horrible as well. I wouldn't be sad to see it go as we'll. throw in cigs and I'd be a happy camper.

alcohol destroys more lives and families and its legal. if you use that as a measuring stick, no reason whatsoever to keep pot illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    This is exactly what I am talking about.

Peer review studies have indicated that Cannabis is no more addictive [than] Caffeine or Acetaminophen. Cannabis isn't addictive, please quit spreading misinformation.
    http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=...1994-45545-001
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10372796
    http://www.samhsa.gov/data/NSDUH/2k1...011.htm#Fig7-2
    http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000884

Can you provide sources like me?

Unfortunately there are also peer review studies that show that people can develop a dependency on Cannabis. Also you've clearly misinterpreted what I've said and come up with a counter argument for which your conclusion was "Cannabis isn't addictive". It can be, it has been proven to be, but that's not my point.

If you were reading I said that not everyone can or will become addicted to it, but some people can and will. Also you've just proven my point that in society it is necessary to place it in either a legal or illegal context, when the truth is not everyone will handle the drug the same. Therefore classifying it in either category may not be the right way to handle it, but unfortunately that is how society works.

I'm not spreading misinformation, please stop saying that I am without proof.

PS for some anti-biasness (yes I like to make up words) I am an HD (high definition) university student who has a stable income, a decent amount of friends and may or may not smoke marijuana occasionally.
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2013-06-06 at 02:50 AM.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I do not support criminalising things that don't hurt anyone other than the person choosing to do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    I don't believe it should be legal. I've met way too many fools who smoke it and preach to me all of its "Economic benefits", horseshit. Using alcohol as an excuse is stupid as well. Just because one drug that is legal is in your opinion "worse" doesn't make it right to legalize another drugs. Two wrongs don't make a right, a lesson many don't learn despite their age.
    So we should also ban alcohol because there's fools who abuse it? Should we ban fast food because morbidly obese people can't eat healthy? Should we ban cars because fools don't know how to go the speed limit? Should we ban guns because a few fools shoot up public places? Should we ban everything that is associated with fools? Like I stated earlier, there isn't a single legit opposing view to marijuana, thank you for providing my evidence.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 07:48 PM ----------

You sir are the epitomy of ignorance. Please educate yourself before engaging in topics that you have no idea about... it typically causes threads to become derailed because people bring facts and you oppose it with nothing but crap. "turns ppl into complete morons" I think you're thinking of every other hard drug and alcohol... When do you ever see someone on marijuana freaking out in public and making a scene like someone who is on alcohol? When does marijuana ever induce violence? I've seen countless people become violent after getting drunk. Your argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be legal for the sake of liberty, and at the same time all individuals should exercise their liberty in maintaining the social stigma against it. Don't hire druggies and don't trust druggies who refuse to even try to overcome their habits and weakness. Recreational drugs are the height of weakness as they are nothing more than the willful surrendering of power in the form of temporary and/or long term mental and/or physical capacity in exchange for no meaningful benefit.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-06-06 at 02:53 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I do not support criminalising things that don't hurt anyone other than the person choosing to do them.
    Lucky for Oregonians... it's perfectly legal to be high on marijuana... and it's not a crime if you have up to 28 grams or less of marijuana... it's considered a violation and you can get a ticket based on the amount. So for all those oregonians... if a cop stops you and busts you for a gram or a dub and tries to handcuff you... that's unlawful and abusive... who cares though, you get a nice little case and a big amount of money from the government after you sue them for unlawful arrest.