Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh. The spoilers Myobi posted were enough for me. Honestly felt like a waste of time with no enjoyment reading the chapter.

Fairy Tail crushing losers, as per usual. Hope this transitions into final arc because they need to buff up an opponent guild.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yea well who would have guessed? Gray is actually not a villain and the whole situation got resolved within like three pages. Now we are back to team Fairy Tail steamrolling everything.

Like, at least kill someone off finally.
    Why do people want death? What does it ever do?

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Chapter said all those avatar you see were just a single small branch in a big organization.
    I kinda thought that big group was the rest of it. Derp xD

But still. How much stronger can they be? I'm sure there will be a few strong ones but i doubt we will see those any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

If there's no threat of death then there's no suspense. The reader wouldn't care how scary a villain is. FT is of course gonna destroy anyone who looks in their direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes life-threatening situations seem like they are actually life-threatening. While they don't have to take it to Game of Thrones levels, occasionally killing a main character makes the danger seem more real.

If no one ever dies, then you never expect someone to die in the future, and every dangerous situation is met with the reader thinking "How much 'Power of Friendship' are they going to need to get out of this one?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It makes life-threatening situations seem like they are actually life-threatening. While they don't have to take it to Game of Thrones levels, occasionally killing a main character makes the danger seem more real.

If no one ever dies, then you never expect someone to die in the future, and every dangerous situation is met with the reader thinking "How much 'Power of Friendship' are they going to need to get out of this one?"
    That is called the entire action adventure genre. You should expect characters to dodge bullets, do awesome feats.

Then what are the consequences of a fuck up?

No death, no suspense. I might as well watch flowers grow

Fairy Girls is pretty funny so far (chapter 1 atleast).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Fairy Girls is pretty funny so far (chapter 1 atleast).
    I believe it has 3-4 chapters out so far, just got to dig around to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sorry, wut? Being a shonen has nothing to do with it! Take Naruto for example, another crazy ass over rated shonen,
    >Naruto
    >Overrated

Choose one
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I believe it has 3-4 chapters out so far, just got to dig around to find them.
    3 So far. Pretty funny too xD Especially the peeking part haha

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're sure going crazy with spin-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Though fairy tail zero is the best one of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I just came here to say that. I think it's that the manga magazine FT is published in is kind of desperate and riding off FT popularity.

On one hand it's a bit ridiculous. It's not like the world in Fairy Tail is interesting like Attack on Titan or something.

On the other hand, I consider it all canon since FT author works like crazy and basically oversees everything. Soooo. I guess extra literature...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    3 So far. Pretty funny too xD Especially the peeking part haha
    They just released a new chapter of fairy girls today, it's chapter 6 -.- they have once again screwed up the ordering and missed chapter 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I just came here to say that. I think it's that the manga magazine FT is published in is kind of desperate and riding off FT popularity.

On one hand it's a bit ridiculous. It's not like the world in Fairy Tail is interesting like Attack on Titan or something.

On the other hand, I consider it all canon since FT author works like crazy and basically oversees everything. Soooo. I guess extra literature...
    From what i understand some of the manga off shoots are done by his assistants and others by people he knows and trusts to write for him. So yeah like you said its all canon, still the worst of the batch is probably the Wendy series. Has terrible art compared to the others and the story line is just cringe worthy in my personal opinion, plus they screwed up the release order for the series, skipping several chapters that are only just starting to be filled in now.
    Last edited by Miyani; 2015-04-27 at 12:32 PM.

Is everybody getting their own sidestory or what? Wendy, Gray, Mavis. Now the girls...

And yeah. Noticed. From the bear dude to back to wherever they are. Fairy Girls feels a bit too much as fan service though.

I'm only reading FT:Zero. If any interesting lore happens you guys are gonna have to tell me lol.

I'm only reading FT:Zero. If any interesting lore happens you guys are gonna have to tell me lol.
    Grays isn't terrible the art takes some getting used too, but you also get to see how he first met up with gildarts who introduced him to fairy tail. Typical gildarts locked up in jail for harassing women 0.0

Why not? It is a magical world.
    Also not everything has to be interesting for you. Wendy one is for young girls.

Attack on Titan setting is the same for everyone. All the characters fight against titan and die in horrible ways.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the trouncing continues.