Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Understand that the 4pc isn't worth picking up for BiS, however drops have led me to get it from pure stat upgrades.

In this case, is it worth using the Execute procs >20% and using them within CS windows (given the proc is up)? Or do we ignore it for CS windows and stick to having 2 RB's/BT/SB in a window, using outside as permitting?

Sub 20% it is my understanding that you still want SB and 3x Exe in CS windows, just curious of outside! Seen a few posts but unsure on the specific answer, so thanks ^^
    >20% you want to try and put the exe in CS as it still does more damage than RB but don't be to fussed about it (minimal loss using it on CD). Outside CS sub 20% should stay the same ( RB on CD, using Bloodsurge procs, execute to prevent rage cap) the only change was talks of using RB inside CS when you have two stacks of RB charges (prevent clipping from the BT after CS).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I've been thinking for sometime whether simcraft assumption our 4pc bonus was a little optimistic. I'm actually waiting for H malkorok leggings to drop for me so that I can switch out to 2pc. I already have heroic chest and shoulder off pieces.
    Its a good 4 set just not as good as off pieces stats

Guys, yesterday we were doing SoO normal. I made 220k DPS as a fury warrior on Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut. 545 ilvl. And I have a few questions. Armory - Naysmith on Kazzak EU (can't post links yet).
    1) I noticed, that, according to recount, Lightning strike (from leg meta) done only 2.6% of my overall DPS. Is it really worth using it or maybe it is better to swap it with regular meta? I am kinda newbie with simcraft, so I didn't manage to simulate my character with different meta
    2) About Thok trinket - is it really that good? Since I can't get it for 3rd week, assuming I'm using all my coins on Thok, he doesn't seem to share it with me. Thing is, should I try to get LFR version at least and change my primordius trinket?
    3) ATM I have feather from normal, would it be better than LFR Primordius?
    4) I found out, that AskMrRobot recommends heirloom axes from Garrosh as BiS. But isn't Gorehowl from him a lot better, since it has Crit/Mastery?
    5) About the BiS itself, I decided to stick to items with crit+mastery, and gem for expertise, rings with hit. Or should I instead stick to mrrobot, who advices to get some pieces with haste?
    6) I am using SB im my rotation, as stated in guide. The question is - how many charges of RB should I save for a colosus smash?
    Thanks a lot in advance, guys!
    Last edited by Nosorozhek; 2013-10-17 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosorozhek View Post
    Guys, yesterday we were doing SoO normal. I made 220k DPS as a fury warrior on Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut. 545 ilvl. And I have a few questions. Armory - Naysmith on Kazzak EU (can't post links yet).
    1) I noticed, that, according to recount, Lightning strike (from leg meta) done only 2.6% of my overall DPS. Is it really worth using it or maybe it is better to swap it with regular meta? I am kinda newbie with simcraft, so I didn't manage to simulate my character with different meta
    2) About Thok trinket - is it really that good? Since I can't get it for 3rd week, assuming I'm using all my coins on Thok, he doesn't seem to share it with me. Thing is, should I try to get LFR version at least and change my primordius trinket?
    3) ATM I have feather from normal, would it be better than LFR Primordius?
    4) I found out, that AskMrRobot recommends heirloom axes from Garrosh as BiS. But isn't Gorehowl from him a lot better, since it has Crit/Mastery?
    5) About the BiS itself, I decided to stick to items with crit+mastery, and gem for expertise, rings with hit. Or should I instead stick to mrrobot, who advices to get some pieces with haste?
    6) I am using SB im my rotation, as stated in guide. The question is - how many charges of RB should I save for a colosus smash?
    Thanks a lot in advance, guys!
    1) Use legendary meta its still slighty better
    2) Thok trinket is pretty dam good http://i.imgur.com/64vMdlb.jpg here is the list of trinkets (I think its slightly out of date but should be roughly the same)
    3) Normal feather
    4) Heirloom has default double upgraded so it might rank it higher(8 ilvl higher) but Gorehowl is better (Gorehowl>Naz grim mace> sha sword)
    5)only items with haste in BiS is Belt, Ring and Boots (boots/ring are debatable is under hit cap)
    6) 1 is optimal, 2 will cause you to clip and is a DPS loss. (charges before the BT in front of the CS)

1. No, 2.6% damage > 3% critdamage and the crit from the legendary meta also beats the strength from the regular one.
    2. It's that good I would try to get the flex one
    3. Think so sim it be sure
    4. Gorehowl is better the BiS from askmrrobot just can't handle heirloom and upgrades
    5. Haste is the worst stat, but some crit/haste pieces are worth it like the ring from spoils

Thanks a lot for advices! It's getting a lot more clear now. The only thing I would debate on is getting haste on items at all. Since, I guess, it's much better to stack Crit+Mastery items, with Crit/Mastery+Hit/Exp (preferably +hit than +exp since you can gem for exp) items, since you can lately reforge Hit/Exp to Crit/Mastery from these items, and haste is pretty much useless for us, isn't it right?

In full BiS, we will use between 1 and 3 items with Haste (depending on what race you are), but the difference between them and the options are very very slim.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Very good guide! I like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosorozhek View Post
    Thanks a lot for advices! It's getting a lot more clear now. The only thing I would debate on is getting haste on items at all. Since, I guess, it's much better to stack Crit+Mastery items, with Crit/Mastery+Hit/Exp (preferably +hit than +exp since you can gem for exp) items, since you can lately reforge Hit/Exp to Crit/Mastery from these items, and haste is pretty much useless for us, isn't it right?
    So you're sort of correct in thinking that we should avoid haste like the plague but most of the time there is no other option for that slot and if you are over EXP/hit cap without reforges and are choosing gear with hit and exp those could become sub par reforges just to get rid of the excess hit/exp.

Hey all - thanks for a great guide and comment section. It has been very helpful in my goal of playing Arms & Fury, with Arms being the spec I know and Fury being the one I'm trying to learn.

I've been playing around with Fury for a few weeks and I can't get the DPS I can from Arms - single target. I've read here that I should be using Stormbolt but I don't have the galakras trinket yet. I also have a less than ideal 2nd 2 hander which I know is holding me back some too.

Last night I got another piece of gear and was reforging to make it fit in. I decided to switch to Fury and reload AMR and was very surprised at what I found. At this time I'm 555 Ilvl, and AMR told me to swap every gem I have to Crit gems for Fury. If I do it, it would put me at 35% Crit which I know is good, I just didn't realize it was that good.

My question is; is this what's holding my DPS back? And, if I make this swap will there be noticeable differences?

Also - if I change these gems out - will it destroy my Arms spec? Making the possibility of swapping in raid impossible.

I know I need to work on the rotation more. I have tried just going Fury for grinding and some SoO fights and it's not that my DPS is horrible, one thing is the rotation compared to Arms just feels......different. It's hard to explain really. It just feels like I'm not doing something right. I've read every guide that exist, and almost every comment in those guides so I can pick up the intricacies of the rotation - the little things.

Is there any advice anyone can give me when making the switch to Fury from Arms - any tips for controlling the urge to mash a button when you should be waiting.

Thanks for any help that can be offered. I understand some of my problems are mine and mine alone. I was just hoping maybe, just maybe, someone has done this in the past and may have some pointers when making the transition.

I can't link here - but I'm on Stormrage-A and my toons name is Michh

Again, thanks for the awesome guide.

Mich, I'm not really a pro fury warrior, but I switched from Arms not long ago, so I'll try to help.

1) About crit rating as fury - according to simcraft and personal experience, as fury warrior the more crit you gain, the higher weight in stat scaling it has. In short - more crit is always better. Since 29% (currently in your Arms spec in armory) is really a low number for fury 555 ilvl, I guess it is the reason why you are performing better in Arms, since it is not that crit dependent. Fury's 1st best stat is crit, 2nd - mastery. Haste is pretty much total crap for Fury. So you are going to regem everything to crit, if you want to play fury, and I'm sure, that at your ilvl Fury should outperform Arms on single target DPS.
    2) About destroying Arms spec by gemming into fury - absolutely no. Since in SoO you'd use Arms only for a couple of fights (Shamans, Galakras and Spoils in particular), and you will use it as AoE/Cleave spec, which stat priorities are Crit/Mastery as well, you are going to be fine. I know some fury warriors even switch to Arms without having hit/exp cap (by removing off hand with hit/exp), since going solo target Fury worth it so much.
    3) About rotation - that is I guess the most hard question. As for me, now I play fury warrior for about 2 weeks, and I still spend a lot of time on dummies to get the right usage of rotation. It would really get better, you just need some time. For me - I had big troubles with too much rage and capping very often - so I started to keep my rage at about 40-50 average, when CS is not getting off cd in the nearest 3 seconds. If you don't have Galakras trinket yet, just use SB on cd, as stated in guide. Rotation - actually pretty easy, when you are getting used to it. 1st phase - BT-CS-RB-BT-SB/RB-RB. 2nd phase (out of CS) - just fill the GCD with WInd Strike, if you have 2 stacks of RB - hit RB, If your rage is about 105-110 - hit Heroic Strike. One more thing, that helped me to increase DPS - i have 2 buttons for Raging Blow - one is spell itself, to use outside of CS, another is macro /cast Raging Blow /cast Heroic Strike. But my Heroic strike is also assigned to button for dumping rage in overcap scenario.

Critgems are slightly suboptimal for arms but not that bad like 40-50dps difference, will be less then 0.5% overall so barely noticeable for fury it could be a ~250-300 dps increase per gem. Personally I would get rid of your expertise helm/ring get some crit mastery pieces instead and gem expertise/crit which is great for both specs. Overall the gemchange won't make or break either spec, your lower offhand has probably more impact on fury. 320critgem in your weapon would be best for both specs though not really worth it when overcapping hit.

As for the rotation just make sure to use BT on cd, always have 1 stack of RB before CS (not that necessary when stormbolt is off cd) and make sure you get 3xRB or 2xRB+stormbolt into the CS with as many HS as possible, use berserker rage when something doesn't crit and you need another RB for CS. Control your urge to mash buttons and do a proper BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB>BT and it should be good
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-10-18 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    What is the optimal Fury Opener with Stormbolt.

Hi, I have a question that's probably already been aswered, but the thread has gotten quite big ^^

So, if I understand correctly, I should always save 1 Raging Blow charge for my CS combo. However, using the 22.5 cd Colossus Smash (so you prioritize BT over it), when you use BT > CS there's always the possibility that you'll waste a RB charge. So, if my crit is high enough should I always spend RB charges and use Berserker Rage and Storm Bolt to fill gaps inside a CS?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Hi, I have a question that's probably already been aswered, but the thread has gotten quite big ^^

So, if I understand correctly, I should always save 1 Raging Blow charge for my CS combo. However, using the 22.5 cd Colossus Smash (so you prioritize BT over it), when you use BT > CS there's always the possibility that you'll waste a RB charge. So, if my crit is high enough should I always spend RB charges and use Berserker Rage and Storm Bolt to fill gaps inside a CS?
    You don't save charges w/ galakras trinket + SB anymore. Not sure if you have EEoG though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkbass View Post
    What is the optimal Fury Opener with Stormbolt.
    I generally do this for a pure ST fight.

Prepot/Shout/charge-BT(crit)-CDS/CS/HS-RB/HL/HS-BT/HS-RB/HS-BrZ/RB/HS

If trinkets don't proc or if first BT doesn't crit I wait for the 2nd IN MOST CASES, and simply have 2 free GCDs to do things like WS proc, HT/IV/shatter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I generally do this for a pure ST fight.

Prepot/Shout/charge-BT(crit)-CDS/CS/HS-RB/HL/HS-BT/HS-RB/HS-BrZ/RB/HS

If trinkets don't proc or if first BT doesn't crit I wait for the 2nd IN MOST CASES, and simply have 2 free GCDs to do things like WS proc, HT/IV/shatter etc.
    Since the question was optimal Fury opener WITH stormbolt (learn to read dark sheash!); simply put replace one of those last 2 RB's with Storm Bolt. I suggest the middle RB making the rotation:

BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB (CS END). Dragon Roar if talented after CS ends or Bladestorm as appropriate.

The reason for this; is that Storm Bolt has a slight travel time. On most targets it does not matter, but there are a few, where the travel time can take a half or even whole second; and if you were to use SB last, the CS debuff would wear off before the SB actually connected.
    Likewise you do not want to use SB in place of your first RB, because if both BT and CS crit you would have 2 charges of RB, if you SB and then BT again (and it crits) you would then waste a charge of RB.

Edit: If your initial BT and CS crit, you can use BzR to give yourself a better opener by using:

BT - CS - RB - RB - SB - (BzR) RB (CS END).

This is purely up to you, the pro is that your initial CS and burst with CD's is that much stronger. The con is that you drop BzR when you didn't really "need" it. If you get supremely unlucky on your next CS phase, you would wish it was there. Its a minor risk, and these days most of us are using BzR less and less; so decide for yourself!

I've a qn:

1. We always want to hit BT just before going into Cs window right?

2. So if BT is on CD when CS is up, should we delay CS and wait for BT to finish its cd?

3. Or should we have delayed BT such that it lines up for CS?

4. Bottom line: better to delay BT or delay CS?

Short answer: delay CS.

Longer answer: this is because if you do CS > BT, your CS combo won't be optimized with your harder hitting abilities (you'll "waste" 2 GCDs with BT inside it), whereas a BT > CS priority will give you 3 RBs (and/or SB) inside a CS. This however means less CSs overall, since the 4.5 sec doesn't line perfectly with CS and when you factor latency and reaction times you're effectively increasing CS cooldown to 22-23 seconds.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Since the question was optimal Fury opener WITH stormbolt (learn to read dark sheash!); simply put replace one of those last 2 RB's with Storm Bolt. I suggest the middle RB making the rotation:

BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB (CS END). Dragon Roar if talented after CS ends or Bladestorm as appropriate.

The reason for this; is that Storm Bolt has a slight travel time. On most targets it does not matter, but there are a few, where the travel time can take a half or even whole second; and if you were to use SB last, the CS debuff would wear off before the SB actually connected.
    Likewise you do not want to use SB in place of your first RB, because if both BT and CS crit you would have 2 charges of RB, if you SB and then BT again (and it crits) you would then waste a charge of RB.

Edit: If your initial BT and CS crit, you can use BzR to give yourself a better opener by using:

BT - CS - RB - RB - SB - (BzR) RB (CS END).

This is purely up to you, the pro is that your initial CS and burst with CD's is that much stronger. The con is that you drop BzR when you didn't really "need" it. If you get supremely unlucky on your next CS phase, you would wish it was there. Its a minor risk, and these days most of us are using BzR less and less; so decide for yourself!
    DAMN IT.

I keep forgetting about SB. AND I USE THE SODDING THING.

One thing to note if you don't have heroic EEoG, than using SB last can cause it to desync, meaning you need to wiggle the rotation to get it to work. Not hard, just watch for it.

BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB ...and spam HS in that CS window

Learn it, love it, live it...
    Last edited by Keensteel; 2013-10-21 at 08:02 PM.

I apologize if this was addressed previously. What effect, if any, does the 2 set have on the priority for white hit?

I ask this because of http://www.wowhead.com/item=103869/g...of-prides-fall.

I'm curious if the 2 set would cause white Hit to gain enough value for a Crit/Hit gem to be better than a pure Crit Gem in the instance of a Blue socket with a 60 Strength bonus, as in the item above.