Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went with .84 since my SEP for overhit was .45, if you round, in that case ye .875 is easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    what do i name that to make it show the tooltip to what im specced for?... using the question mark works to show dragon roar but not shockwave/bladestorm
    I use that macro, the tooltip will not show until you use the ability once.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I use that macro, the tooltip will not show until you use the ability once.
    Right, it has to run the script first but something must be broken cause i use it to cast bladestorm (and it works) but its still a question mark with no tooltip unless i spec dragon roar. If i put bladestorm first and spec roar it is a bladestorm icon and tooltip.

Works fine for me. Just tried swapping talents around. My macro is slightly different:

#showtooltip
    /use bladestorm
    /use shockwave
    /use dragon roar
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T5talent", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or "Dragon Roar")

I have /use instead of /cast, but I doubt that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Works fine for me. Just tried swapping talents around. My macro is slightly different:

#showtooltip
    /use bladestorm
    /use shockwave
    /use dragon roar
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T5talent", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or "Dragon Roar")

I have /use instead of /cast, but I doubt that matters.
    not sure why but that one seems to work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Still reading over this but I have a few objections/tiny things that situationally may/may not be true.

1.) With a SEP of crit greater than .84 you get slightly more out of not gemming hit/crit and instead gemming pure crit in a blue socket with 60 strength (mainly weapons.) As you gain additional hit through feather/primal turtle etc and go even further over hit cap, this will hold even more true.

2.) The opener should have an additional BT cycle before going into burst phase for additional rage and better chance for trinkets to proc (or stack).

This is more a query, as crit increases and as a result BT crits, does anyone know how worthwhile it'd be to delay Reck 1 extra GCD and use during CS instead of BT, and than use BZR for an additional RB outside of the opener CS but during reck/BB etc?
    1. With the Hit/crit gems I listed it as above 60 strength (meaning 61+ so you never gem for 60 strength), I'll word it a bit better.

2. for feather and old PPM trinks yes (which I'm going to add in the addendum), but in general you can generate enough rage just from one BT cycle to complete the combo. also other trinkets with a short duration will not fill the entire CS combo if they are less than 16 seconds, which means things like swaglash totem(loses the benefit from reck)/Dancing steel/primo trinket (if you have it) will fall off before you finish it, theres also the affect of delaying CS.

This isn't a bad guide. I much prefer my opener though.

BT, Offensive Macro(bloodbath or Avatar + Blood Fury + Skull Banner + Recklessness), CS, RB, BT, RB, I then Berserker rage going to 1-2 stacks of RB! still during CS rotation, then throw the last RB of CS rotation, Immediately after CS rotation, while enrage from berserker rage is still active and possibly Avatar, I throw my Dragon Roar which has full benefit of my mastery from enrage and possibly Avatar. BIG Damage. Not to mention throwing DR at this point also gives it a higher chance of being affected by your trinkets which may stack up slowly, Primordius' and Ji'Kun's trinkets for example.
    Then continue BT, shattering, regular rotation with shattering until next cs rotation. Bt proc/filler x2 BT. etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    This isn't a bad guide. I much prefer my opener though.

BT, Offensive Macro(bloodbath or Avatar + Blood Fury + Skull Banner + Recklessness), CS, RB, BT, RB, I then Berserker rage going to 1-2 stacks of RB! still during CS rotation, then throw the last RB of CS rotation, Immediately after CS rotation, while enrage from berserker rage is still active and possibly Avatar, I throw my Dragon Roar which has full benefit of my mastery from enrage and possibly Avatar. BIG Damage. Not to mention throwing DR at this point also gives it a higher chance of being affected by your trinkets which may stack up slowly, Primordius' and Ji'Kun's trinkets for example.
    Then continue BT, shattering, regular rotation with shattering until next cs rotation. Bt proc/filler x2 BT. etc..
    Using an opener without going into atleast one BT cycle you will have little rage to do the max amount of HS inside of that CS, unless your using bull rush but even then its not wise. dragon roar at the end of that will clip your reck which is why most of the time its at the front, but that changed with feather. your DR isn't being maximized with feather in that rotation, assuming feather procs on the pull you will be using DR 7.5 seconds in which is below half of the trinket and that is why you want to delay by two BT cycles when you have feather. Primordius is a terrible stacker and I see it fall off all the time in the opener.

I think there are some optimizations that can be done with your opening and 1minute cd sequences, specifically with Dragon Roar and BB/SkB usage.

If you were to delay Dragon Roar to the first free global after the CS window (t=16.5 filler in your pictures, you still want t=15 to be RB since it's in Reck) and push BB+Synapse Springs+SkB to the first RB in CS, you gain an additional RB in the BB+SkB window (the t=15 one) in exchange for the CS while still keeping Dragon Roar in BB+SkB and outside of Reck. Additionally, if you have a Fabled Feather of Ji-kun, this moves your Dragon Roar to later in the proc during the opener (assuming RPPM safeguard) for more of a strength gain.
    Last edited by imorpen; 2013-06-09 at 04:45 PM.

Regarding Bloodsurge usage.

If you're in a situation where you have:
    RBx2 and Bloodsurge procced

RB-ws-ws-BT

Is the best way to deal with it. Pushing back BT 0.5 seconds will not outweigh the dps loss from possibly overwriting a bloodsurge/rb proc. Currently, simcraft doesn't do this, but that's just because I'm lazy and haven't pushed an updated action list to simcraft. I wanted to maximize the aoe list before pushing everything.

Copy/paste the following into simcraft and it'll be a 300-500 dps increase for the BIS profile:
    Code:
    actions.single_target=heroic_strike,if=((debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=40)&target.health.pct>=20)|rage>=110
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=buff.raging_blow.stack=2&debuff.colossus_smash.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=!(target.health.pct<20&debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=30)
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.react&target.health.pct>=20&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains<=1
    actions.single_target+=/wait,sec=cooldown.bloodthirst.remains,if=!(target.health.pct<20&debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=30)&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains<=1&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains
    actions.single_target+=/dragon_roar,if=talent.dragon_roar.enabled&(!debuff.colossus_smash.up&buff.bloodbath.up)
    actions.single_target+=/colossus_smash
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.enrage.up|debuff.colossus_smash.up|rage>90|target.time_to_die<12|buff.recklessness.up
    actions.single_target+=/storm_bolt,if=talent.storm_bolt.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=buff.raging_blow.stack=2|(buff.raging_blow.up&(debuff.colossus_smash.up|(cooldown.bloodthirst.remains>=1&buff.raging_blow.remains<=3)))
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.react
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=buff.raging_blow.up&cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>=3
    actions.single_target+=/shockwave,if=talent.shockwave.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/heroic_throw,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down
    actions.single_target+=/battle_shout,if=rage<70&!debuff.colossus_smash.up
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=debuff.colossus_smash.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/impending_victory,if=talent.impending_victory.enabled&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>=2&rage>=80&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/battle_shout,if=rage<70
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-06-10 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imorpen View Post
    I think there are some optimizations that can be done with your opening and 1minute cd sequences, specifically with Dragon Roar and BB/SkB usage.

If you were to delay Dragon Roar to the first free global after the CS window (t=16.5 filler in your pictures, you still want t=15 to be RB since it's in Reck) and push BB+Synapse Springs+SkB to the first RB in CS, you gain an additional RB in the BB+SkB window (the t=15 one) in exchange for the CS while still keeping Dragon Roar in BB+SkB and outside of Reck. Additionally, if you have a Fabled Feather of Ji-kun, this moves your Dragon Roar to later in the proc during the opener (assuming RPPM safeguard) for more of a strength gain.
    The normal rotations are easier rotations that ignore thing like feather that cause the rotation to change a lot (very minor dps loss), that's why I plan to put a feather rotation part in the advanced part of the guide. I've had that CS/CD cycle sitting in my fireworks for ages

I can't find any reason not to use Bloodbath one gcd earlier in this last graph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I can't find any reason not to use Bloodbath one gcd earlier in this last graph.
    If you use BB on the BT it will miss the DR at the end, it ends right before the 13.5 (12.0 if you use it at the start) which means with server delay etc it wont be affected.

Ok, the graph is a bit unclear, it looks like the BB ends on the BT, not the DR. My bad. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide. Missing shattering throw mention however

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Great guide. Missing shattering throw mention however
    Yeah will do, It sucks that I have a 10 man mindset.
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get this stickied?

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Can we get this stickied?
    Someone sticky this

I've been using reck 1 gcd later on CS instead of since BT already has a 100% critrate with skullbanner allows for 2 raging blows(with berserker rage) after the cs-window inside recklessness.

Could we get this Fury guide stickied and the old defunct guide written by Rustynip taken down? Rusty quit the game last year.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

Pretty awesome thread.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV