Returning player. Enhance vs Elemental

Returning to WoW after an extended break and leveling up with a friend of mine and in MoP leveling now. Going to be pvping primarily with a little pve in terms of LFR/Dungeons and wondering if I should go elemental or enhance. Always been a melee player mostly but then again i've always played very kiteable melee so not sure how enhance handles in terms of mobility. Only caster i've played was mage up to 90 and pvped with it for a bit but then got bored of deep freeze > Ice bomb = win style back around 5.1 so I quit that.

I see ele seems to be really good burst in pvp but relies a lot of procs for their mastery?

Deleted
    I wouldn't go elemental if you plan on PvPing more then 1 patch. Elemental is pretty shit compared to other classes in PvP in general, not due them being overpowered but because almost every class/role is overpowered.

Enhance is has it's ups and downs, but I think it's safer to go enhance for pvp. Either way, as a dps shaman in PvP you will always struggle harder then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Either way, as a dps shaman in PvP you will always struggle harder then others.
    Well I used to play monk, so I think it can only get better? lol

Go enhance, pretty good utility and probably the melee with the highest burst damage. IMHO elemental is really boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more important question, for me at least, is melee or ranged?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Between the two dps specs, enh has has a better time overall. Ele had it's heyday in late wrath and is a bit resurgent as of 5.3, but they are already "keeping an eye" on shaman dps, namely echo (per Holinka on Twitter, can't link it at this time).

Both are very fun.

Elemental's AoE is good UNTIL there are more than ~7 targets, since EQ/Magma sucks and CL only goes up to 5 (so other classes simply out damage you).
    Enha's AoE relies on having durable elites to AoE, if there are many fragile mobs you will never manage to get proper AoE.

Both Elem and Enha have modest self healing, and decent defenses.
    You won't be topping DPS meters with either spec but you should be doing more than decently on single target fights - however having 2-3 tough targets at once kinda shows how Shamans are bad at fights that are in between Single Target and 4+ Targets.

Overall try both, get gear for both, have fun playing both.
    Resto is boring anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    in the pvp forum there is talk of elemental shamans being one of the top casters in the next season once 5.4 hits... not sure how true that will work out though.

I've played both and for me comes down to if you enjoy casters or melee. I hate caster classes! Enhance is a blast and has great utility (so does ele). Also, when it comes to lfr/dungeons, enhance is tops for me by far. You can que as heals in lfr and dps - as long as you toss HR's down off cooldown you'll be top 10 dps and top 3 heals if you have 500+ ilvl.

I came back to play my shaman just recently... Enhancement has always been my most favorite spec but it is still gimp imho. Takes to long to ramp up, survivability still sucks
    . Elemental is in a much better place with much greater survivability and bursty burst damage.

I would definitely go elemental vs. enhancement. Unless your in the top 10% of players then it should not matter.

Would be great to have an auto root like hunters do with arcane shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post

Would be great to have an auto root like hunters do with arcane shot.
    huh? auto-root with arcane? did i miss something?

enhance is the most retarded melee spec you can play right now and it makes me sad that i have 2 of them. some people like popping CDs and 1 shotting without any CC. if youre into that, go enh. ele isnt exactly the definition of skill wizard but they are pretty strong right now in the right hands. they always have been, but ele is a lot more forgiving to play at the moment.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    should play what u enjoy the most if u prefer melee then go enh i did(playd enh s13 otherwise i was always ele) fine with them both in pvp i prefer ele, enh is sightly bttr for pvp becuz of maelstorm free hex/heals on demand.