Need a new Mobo, CPU and some RAM.

Okay, so I need a new Mobo, Processor, and some RAM. Also open for a Heat Sink, and PSU if the upgrade demands it.

I'm not especially experienced picking parts for my PC, and I've been reading around about mobo's for a while now and all it does is confuse me more and more =( I don't need a huge upgrade, my 5 year old Mobo is only recently starting to show wear and tear, but something stable that would last me a while would be great. I have around 500 dollars in budget and already have a case, 450 watt Antec PSU, 1TB hard drive, disk drives, an OS, and a GTX 650 TI GPU.

For the CPU I've been eyeballing the i5-3570K, since I see people talking about it a lot. I'm somewhat keen on ASUS mobo's from recommendations and past experience. Not really sure how to judge RAM, but I'd like 8 gigs of it =p

My current Mobo is Micro ATX, but I can see room for a bigger one inside the case. Worst comes to worst, it doesn't fit, and I get impatient and go to Fry's and buy a bigger case.

I generally play a lot of shooters and MMO's. Been eyeballing Planetside 2, and haven't been able to play GW2 because my current mobo can't handle it =( If I could get away with maybe frapsing in games like League of legends and WoW, I would be super stoked, but it's not necessary

I live in the U.S. (AMERIKUH)

Thanks in advance to anyone who may respond with help. Unfortunately I won't be able to check this post for most of day since I'm about to leave for work. Oh, and I'm sorry about how oddly the post is written....I write kind of oddly =(

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $387.10
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-07 18:03 EDT-0400)

Then I would buy an SSD as well and still be within your budget:

Samsung 840 Series 120GB

SSD for your OS, programs and whatever games you can fit on there. You'll have faster reboots, faster loading games, reloading UI, smoother/snappier feeling system. Well worth it imo.

One last thing, if your GTX 650TI is not the Boost 2GB model I would recommend selling your current one and buying this, it's well worth the performance gain.

MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB $160

Awesome! Thank you for the great response =D I actually already had some money stowed away for an SSD to put my OS on, but a bigger one will be nice for my main go to games (WoW, LoL, and TF2). I have a bad habit of not reinstalling windows like I should, and as a result I corrupt hard drives like nobodies business =(

Oh, and I do only have the GTX 650 1 gig, but the reviews I read at the time said the 2 gig wasn't a substantial upgrade, although that may have been because of my current hardware, which as I said, is over 5 years old =p I'll look into switching it out, but I still love it more than my 8600 GT that I switched it for XD

Deleted
    The Boost model is a completely different card on level with the ~7850 and was just released somewhat recently.

Ohhhhh, sorry about that. I didn't realize it was that different. I just took a look at the benchmarks compared to mine, and it looks amazing! Rest assured, it's officially on the agenda =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $387.10
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-07 18:03 EDT-0400)

Then I would buy an SSD as well and still be within your budget:

Samsung 840 Series 120GB

SSD for your OS, programs and whatever games you can fit on there. You'll have faster reboots, faster loading games, reloading UI, smoother/snappier feeling system. Well worth it imo.

One last thing, if your GTX 650TI is not the Boost 2GB model I would recommend selling your current one and buying this, it's well worth the performance gain.

MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB $160
    Just a question. Why would u get a 3570k when u can get 4670k now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Cheaper overhead for about the same performance. You are gauranteed to get a 3570K to at least 4.5ghz. You are not with 4670K. Boards are more expensive. Cooling is more expensive. Still a few bugs to work out, and not enough reliable information. Heat/Voltage reviews are all across the board. Haswell isn't 'bad', it's just too new to determine if it's a better buy, yet.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To add to what Chazus said, having a fairly low budget I felt the extra money would be better spend onan SSD or GPU upgrade which would have been impossible with Haswell and I would also have recommended a beefier heatsink.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I dig my asus z77 board, ALOT. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131821 it's a tad overkill for you, but it is so rock solid, 240 atm.
    The huge selling point for me was the thermal armor, basically dust covers over everything, and two small fans that pull heat out from under all of it. It is absolutely amazing.
    Asus makes some of the best boards on the market right now. It also has slip ins to protect the pci slots you don't use from dust, and easily handles 32gb of ram. 8 would be perfectly fine. later on you could replace the stock fan with something a bit beefier, if you so desire. The z77 bios makes that very easy.

I have the same cpu the 3570 and i love it, The 128gb ssd would be perfect, but if you can squeeze a 256gb.. it would be worth it if you play that many games. I have just win7, and wow on mine and i have perhaps 20gb of room left. Then again, i'm lazy and could clean up some of the crap i'm sure and be fine.
    Last edited by ciggy; 2013-06-08 at 10:20 PM.