Poll: What server would you play on if they made them?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only if the accomplishments I get there could be "transferred" to my main because I obviously would have played it "back then" as well.

If not it's a waste of time.

Hehe i would be so amused to see 90% of those Vanilla/TBC server populations abandoning them when they find out how HORRIBLY BAD their favorite class/spec is, and that half of the specs were actually not viable IN ANY part of the game.

I think I would favour Wrath of the Lich King, but ideally with a heavy item level crush applied.
    That way item level progression flattens out significantly. I'd also remove all the stupid nerfs from old Vanilla and TBC items.
    What's that, you want to go and farm AQ40 and get a trinket that would be viable in WotLK content? Fine.

That would be the best, ideally. That way you have an absolute ton of content available all at once, nostalgia of an intact old world (although it'd be nice if the elites were back), much more balanced/interesting abilities than earlier in the game, some but not too many "quality of life" features..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of the systems and style of mop, but i'd rather play mop than any of the old expansions.

Yes, I do play on some Wotlk private servers from time to time. It would be awesome if there was an official Blizzard server for it tho.
    Hi Sephurik

I'd wish it would be possible to re-visit the old world (loved old Stonetalon and old 1k Needles). Would like to have old talent trees.
    On the other side, would miss so many things...

Also I'm not sure if the community would be able to play as the old says...

Deleted
    None of them...
    I'm happy in this expansion. So why should I change?

But franckly, I prefer to back to Cataclysm beginning than to this """"""""""Golden Age"""""""""""" of WoW, Vanilla......

Bit odd you ask "would you.." without adding a "no I wouldn't" option, but your choice of course.

Probably wouldn't play on any of those.

I personally don't think I could feel the same excitement I felt all those years ago, simply by going back to it.
    It is not new and fresh anymore.

In fact, the only time I ever unsubscribed to WoW was the last 2 months before the BC prepatch came, simply because I was bored and had nothing to do with none of the raiding guilds on my server feeling there was any point in raiding with the expansion around the corner.
    And the only reason I didn't unsubscribe during TBC Sunwell patch (I died inside during the 9-month Illidan/Archimonde farming, and Sunwell was too hard content for my realm) was pretty much that my gf and I didn't live together yet, and playing WoW was about the only stuff we could do together.

If there's one thing I can say about the developement of WoW over these last years, its that I have gotten less and less inclined to put it down for an entire month.
    There's simply just so many things to do and enjoy for me.
    Especially now with the patches coming so quickly, I'm starting to feel alittle overwhelmed to be honest, it is bordering a bit too fast for me, with graduating university and becoming a highschool teacher.

Some people say Wrath, and Ulduar/ICC were great for sure (hell I even enjoyed ToC quite a lot, no trash was just pure bliss and the fights were awesome).
    But going back to it?
    I've been there already, and the COME OOON experience of desperately trying to bring the head down in line with the other parts on Firefighter, or WOW of seeing Yogg'Saron appear the first time, they are gone forever. It has had its time, and while I loved it, going back to it will just be boring.
    Wrath is the only one that might tempt me even a little bit, the others I'm really just happy are over, because they were just about dried out for me when the next expansion came, Cata probably least of all, but still definitely so.

So yeah, long explanation, short answer, no I would not play on them.
    It'd be like going to the cinema to watch an old movie that I've already seen many many times.
    I'm perfectly happy handpicking the scenes I liked from my own recorded tapes instead, if needed.

WOTLK in a heart beat. I would quit the current servers and never look back. I sorely miss the days when Paladins didn't suck, when Druids still had 3 talent trees, and the lore was more high-fantasy than it is today. Oh and the pvp. The pvp was wayyyyyy better. I feel that WOTLK maintained the highest representation of specs among all classes in PVP. There were definitly some overpowered specs, but not like the stark contrast it is today between various classes/specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should make a value pack of Classic/BC/Wrath into a "Classic Battlechest" package or something and when you buy those first three expansions altogether you can play on a 3.3.5a server, but it would require you to create a new account. That would probably confuse the living crap out of new people though. I was confused when I bought Classic WoW for the first time and installed it and wondered why Wrath of the Lich King kept coming up on the login screen when I hadn't "bought that game yet"...I opened a ticket...it was embarassing

I respect that guys who play wow from the 1st day (date of release). It was the best period i think. No one knows anything, any quest, no addons, it was awesome = =

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Hehe i would be so amused to see 90% of those Vanilla/TBC server populations abandoning them when they find out how HORRIBLY BAD their favorite class/spec is, and that half of the specs were actually not viable IN ANY part of the game.

i think it was more than half not viable, most classes only had one viable spec
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure everyone would try it, but we would quickly see those servers join the "My server is dead, merge it bro!!" group as people went back to modern, updated servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them. I don't really see much fun in playing on a server with old expansions. If anything it would be fun for like a week or two then you're going to want to go back and play on the normal servers. I've already experienced all of the expansions when they came out so this is just me. If I really wanted to do old content I'll just make a new character. The content on the old servers just wouldn't be as exciting for me as it was when they first came out and would actually be very boring when you get to max level as the previous expansions had no where near the amount of content MoP has.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-06-10 at 02:38 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I tried a Vanilla server just over a year ago, I logged in expecting to love it instantly and the amount of "quality of life" issues I instantly encountered made me log out shortly after. I didn't go back to this game for a week or two, then I started a new character and began from level 1 and by the time I was 50 I was really in to it.
    I joined a guild and raided, eventually we had to start contributing to the guild bank to get the stuff we needed to progress (flasks, Res gear, Potions) and by the time the server went down (roughly 5 months later) we had become a close bunch of friends, we had cleared MC, ZG, AQ20, BWL, World Dragons, and were Progressing through AQ40.
    The game wasn't perfect, far from it, but returning to a game as a season MMORPG'er made my 2nd Vanilla experience completely different, I played it the way it was desinged to be played.

I think it would be good to let newer players see the old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Would you play on a vanilla/TBC/wotlk/cata server if they made them?

What server would you play on?

What patch?
    - Last major patch in every expansion
    I am curious how many people actually play old classic games regularly. I don't mean just boot up and play for an hour but really play the game as is through to completion.

How many people play Diablo regularly still, StarCraft, HL, Quake, Doom, etc. If not that many, then why is WOW so special that people say they will play the various classic versions?

I return to some classic games once in a while and even then I only play maybe a few hours per month on these games.

It may sounds great returning to the older version but how likely are people going to remain playing after the initial few hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, you people saying you wouldnt want to play on them act as if it would be mandatory to play on them, IT WOULDN'T! Obviously!

Why would you deny other people entertainment just because you don't like the idea, even if you can be no part of it if you so choose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I already do.

I tried to play on a vanilla private server, but there were only like 100 people on at peak times, which really killed it for me. I also realized how much the game had changed and that there was no possible way to regress to what are now primitive features and elements of the game. I tried a more populated BC server, which had around 400 players at peak time. This server was more interesting and it was clear to me that BC was superior to vanilla in every way. Still, I recognized that we have been conditioned to the play the game in a more fast paced manner, and the game got frustrating quickly.

Deleted
    "None" should be an option in the poll.
    Don't believe in going backwards because I prefer to see the story unfold