Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    At this point you may think you are being witty, but you're really just making a big fool of yourself. Asking for proof that this is what physicists do is like asking for proof that firefighters use water. It is that inane.
    Ok doubting ur god is insane? Ur physics god? U sound like a religious xD

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    I have read that book plenty of times. It's all wrong. Proof me that its right.
    Okay; I'd like to stop you right there. This kind of argumentation is leading no-where. You're turning it into a contest that can be won by vile means, and I'm afraid that that's not what I wish to participate in. I'm very sure that people from either side of this debate do not wish to participate in it. We were doing so well!

So people, both those of faith and those without: Please let's not respond further to such antics.

He's just kinda spinning off into incoherent babble. I think we broke him.

Well. Broke him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    He's just kinda spinning off into incoherent babble. I think we broke him.

Well. Broke him more.
    Wow so this is what you do go thread by thread trying to break people? hahaha thats fun!
    However you are never gonna learn anything like that. Continue living ur lfe as sheep.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-06-09 at 08:49 PM.

You realize that schizophrenia is what doctors (which I was planning to become and could have easily gotten into at least an off shore med school) label people who 'see and smell things that aren't there to other people'. That is all. They do not know what causes it. They believe it is in the brain. They do 'not' know how the medication works (I'm a biochem major). They do know it dulls bright spots on MRIs and they 'hope'... they 'hope!' that it will turn off the spot that they 'believe' is causing the problem. It 'seems' to have some beneficial effect in 'some' and when I say some I mean not most people. If you think the idea of gaining a ton of weight and not screaming and drooling is fixing the problem with a 'ton' of side effects, I'm not sure what to say. The people taking the medication still can and often do see and hear the things that they see and hear. As a caveat, it is the best we have at the moment so we're trying as humans at least to fix a human problem.

Now what I can tell you that you won't believe is the things I see and hear do know where things are that I do not, they will tell me what I will see before I see it and they are evil beyond belief.

Take that as you will. Please don't give me a hard time over it. It is what I'm going through.

Being I see these things that are intelligent (beyond all your imagination of intelligence) and they are doing things to mess with me I am looking for the good things to stop them. This doesn't change whatsoever how I do my chemistry. I treated 5 frogs with chytrid fungus based on what was known and what I believed would work and they lost the fungus and were healthy and normal afterwards. I did not hope that God alone would heal them. Although, I knew that the terbinifine hydrochloride (I think it was) had a good chance at killing the eukaryote fungus that was on the frog's skin. So I used it. It worked. Healthy frogs. Yay =D

-Nish
    Last edited by Nish77; 2013-06-09 at 08:36 PM.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

OP either total troll or missing some important parts of his brain. I suggest everyone move along, which ever side of the debate you are. This kind of person is the worse, he think hes being smart and everyone can see into his pointless crap. Good part is when he linked the debate rules and broke most of them in this thread lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have read that book plenty of times. It's all wrong. Proof me that its right. I want proof not a scientific bible you know.
    Proof doesn't require acknowledgement. It doesn't matter if you think it's wrong. What matters is what a rational third party would think, on comparing the two arguments. If the book makes a conclusive, solid argument, and you don't, then the book provided proof and you did not, and it really doesn't matter what you think.

People have asked me in the past why I'll participate in threads where there's no chance of convincing the other posters of their error. The reason is simple. I post not to convince them. I post to convince everyone else. I don't need to convince YOU that you're wrong, I just need to let everyone ELSE see that you're wrong.

Ok doubting ur god is insane? Ur physics god? U sound like a religious xD
    Straw man, full speed ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    OP either total troll or missing some important parts of his brain. I suggest everyone move along, which ever side of the debate you are. This kind of person is the worse, he think hes being smart and everyone can see into his pointless crap. Good part is when he linked the debate rules and broke most of them in this thread lol.
    Reminds me of any debate with David Berlinski in it. When Berlinski is presented with any argument he can't refute, he either brushes it off and changes the subject or makes fun of it.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2013-06-09 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    They are very much relevant. Attempting a discussion without following these rules will almost always lead into a massive jerkoff fest.
    Too bad that the guy who posted it doesn't understand the list apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Proof doesn't require acknowledgement. It doesn't matter if you think it's wrong. What matters is what a rational third party would think, on comparing the two arguments. If the book makes a conclusive, solid argument, and you don't, then the book provided proof and you did not, and it really doesn't matter what you think.

People have asked me in the past why I'll participate in threads where there's no chance of convincing the other posters of their error. The reason is simple. I post not to convince them. I post to convince everyone else. I don't need to convince YOU that you're wrong, I just need to let everyone ELSE see that you're wrong.
    But I'm not so you are just confusing those who believe you. This is the same thing I been saying. At least we both agree in that aspect. I just think that religion and science will meet at one point and we will look back and laugh at those who sided with either and didn't see the whole picture for what it is.
    Last edited by crzyman007; 2013-06-09 at 08:36 PM.

His knowledge in science is on a level taught in the 6th grade in school. Pretty much everything he said is wrong on all points. I think he is just trolling TED.
    For example there is no scientific law that says "matter and energy can't be created and destroyed". It's a scientific fallacy taught to kids in school because it's easy to remember. The correct law says that the total energy in a closed system is a constant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Dogma 7:Memories are stored in your brain.
    Really? I thought they were stored in your feet. "No one knows how that works." YOU JUST FREAKING SAID HOW IT WORKS!! Just because we don't fully understand it doesn't mean we know nothing about it.
    i read somewhere recently that the small intestines actually have neurons in the structure.
    i'm not saying we have memories there, but it kinda makes you wonder about the saying "i have a gut-feeling"

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Straw man, full speed ahead!
    Captain Straw Man!
    That'd be a comic I'd read. Anyone here a webcomic writer?

Wow so this is what you do go thread by thread trying to break people? hahaha thats fun!
    However you are never gonna learn anything like that. Continue living ur lfe as sheep.
    People always berate people for living as "sheep" and not realizing the "truth", while not realizing that their very argument highly suggests that they themselves are also being "sheep" to a different mode of thought or "truth".

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony levels are off the scale on this one

10+ Year Old Account
    But I'm not so you are just confusing those who believe you.
    Wake up!
    Yeah, kind of need to follow your own words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Captain Straw Man!
    That'd be a comic I'd read. Anyone here a webcomic writer?
    You gave me some ideas. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    You realize that schizophrenia is what doctors (which I was planning to become and could have easily gotten into at least an off shore med school) label people who 'see and smell things that aren't there to other people'. That is all. They do not know what causes it. They believe it is in the brain. They do 'not' know how the medication works (I'm a biochem major). They do know it dulls bright spots on MRIs and they 'hope'... they 'hope!' that it will turn off the spot that they 'believe' is causing the problem. It 'seems' to have some beneficial effect in 'some' and when I say some I mean not most people. If you think the idea of gaining a ton of weight and not screaming and drooling is fixing the problem with a 'ton' of side effects, I'm not sure what to say. The people taking the medication still can and often do see and hear the things that they see and hear. As a caveat, it is the best we have at the moment so we're trying as humans at least to fix a human problem.
    You're being a little too generalizing, Nish. Doctors know precisely how antipsychotic drugs work. They are designed to suppress specific receptors in the brain, and different antipsychotics are used to treat different kinds of schizophrenia, of which there are quite a few different types (and severities.)

You make it sound like they're just shoving folk medicines down patients' throats and wondering what will happen. I like to believe that we've gotten slightly past ingesting vials of liquid mercury in the hopes of curing our ails.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that schizophrenia is what doctors (which I was planning to become and could have easily gotten into at least an off shore med school) label people who 'see and smell things that aren't there to other people'. That is all. They do not know what causes it.
    One of my aunts is schizophrenic. My ex-father-in-law, too. I've had to talk him down during an episode where he went off his meds, even, and was in full-on "you aren't really you, you've been replaced" mode.

So no, you're completely wrong. That isn't the definition of "schizophrenia". Nor is it a completely misunderstood illness; there's a host of possible causes, but that doesn't mean they don't understand what causes it.

Now what I can tell you that you won't believe is the things I see and hear do know where things are that I do not, they will tell me what I will see before I see it and they are evil beyond belief.

Take that as you will. Please don't give me a hard time over it. It is what I'm going through.
    Again, having dealt first-hand with schizophrenics, they all say similar things. You aren't establishing yourself as "not-schizophrenic", here. Not that I'm trying to make a diagnosis through the Internet, I'm just establishing that nothing you're saying is functionally different from a schizophrenic's delusions and hallucinations.

They always think those hallucinations are real. That's sort of the point. They go to great lengths to justify that belief, because nobody wants to think they're crazy.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-06-09 at 08:41 PM.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm telling you that you're describing symptoms that are consistent with schizophrenia. That sucks, I have empathy for that circumstance. But really, think about this from my perspective - what sounds more plausible, that a human has hallucinations as has been documented in many, many people, or that there's supernatural beings that are not visible to others?