15+ Year Old Account
    I still would have rather had versus than 15. That part where theyre at the party was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still would have rather had versus than 15. That part where theyre at the party was cool
    I wonder how far Nomura plans to push his Versus 13 storyline/agenda. Honestly, from what we've seen, it seems to blend pretty well in the KH universe. Then again, if he REALLY wanted to give Yozora a fully fleshed-out storyline in a KH game, I think some of the more "Disney" elements would need to take a backseat for a bit (which I'd be okay with).

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I think some of the more "Disney" elements would need to take a backseat for a bit (which I'd be okay with).
    I dont think he's legally able to even do that with how much of Kingdom Hearts Disney owns.

What if the Riku we see is the Nobody of MoM

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I dont think he's legally able to even do that with how much of Kingdom Hearts Disney owns.
    Well yea and how much is literally all of it, well outside of FF and TWEWY character cameos. Hell any new characters created for KH in the KH games are owned by Disney as well so they own the Verum Rex shit as well. Which is the biggest reason why the fan conspiracy theories about him making Versus XIII are bad. He's gonna make it in a KH game with fucking Disney characters popping out of everyone's ass? lol. It's a nod to his past creation and not much else to it. It will be used in the future ofc but not in the way people are theorizing up.

I mean, hasnt he been doing that since after kh1?

kh1is the only game where the disney characters and plot has agency and relevance

every game since then the disney stuff took a backseat or were all self contained aside from mickey donald and goofy (and to a very very small extent maleficent and pete)

all of kingdom hearts since 1 has been nomuras own personal baby animu mystery story while every once in a while those animu people mess with the disney worlds.

the xehanort saga has nothing to do with disney outside of the fact disney owns it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I mean, hasnt he been doing that since after kh1?

kh1is the only game where the disney characters and plot has agency and relevance

every game since then the disney stuff took a backseat or were all self contained aside from mickey donald and goofy (and to a very very small extent maleficent and pete)

all of kingdom hearts since 1 has been nomuras own personal baby animu mystery story while every once in a while those animu people mess with the disney worlds.

the xehanort saga has nothing to do with disney outside of the fact disney owns it.
    I would argue yes the Disney worlds don't matter to the plot but they take up more and more physical time in development and gameplay. So much so that you could cut out the entirety of all the Disney worlds in KH3 and miss nothing of the overall plot. That's what I care about, the amount of time we spend wandering around utterly plot irrelevant worlds.

I'd much rather that plot be interspersed in between the Disney worlds or try to make the Disney worlds relevant to the actual story again instead of what it is now. Which feels like just chronological hurdles to get to the next part of the actual story.

I would argue yes the Disney worlds don't matter to the plot but they take up more and more physical time in development and gameplay. So much so that you could cut out the entirety of all the Disney worlds in KH3 and miss nothing of the overall plot.

I'd much rather that plot be interspersed in between the Disney worlds or try to make the Disney worlds relevant to the actual story again instead of what it is now. Which feels like just chronological hurdles to get to the next part of the actual story.
    i would like to see something like kingdom hearts 1 where the worlds are connected and their plotlines intersect.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'll never understand why people suggest the Disney stuff be toned down when the Disney stuff is the whole point of the games. We've seen what happens when the Disney stuff takes a backseat in games like chain of memories or days, it generally equates to a pretty decent story with a ton of uninteresting filler.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'll never understand why people suggest the Disney stuff be toned down when the Disney stuff is the whole point of the games. We've seen what happens when the Disney stuff takes a backseat in games like chain of memories or days, it generally equates to a pretty decent story with a ton of uninteresting filler.
    Nobody's saying tone it down, people are saying make it matter to the actual plot of the freakin' game, even slightly.

Yeah stuff like 358/2 days is boring ass filler but its because its set during a boring ass time in the storyline. However I donno how you can't call all the Disney worlds in KH3 anything other than uninteresting filler.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-21 at 03:17 AM.

Nobody's saying tone it down, people are saying make it matter to the actual plot of the freakin' game, even slightly.

Yeah stuff like 358/2 days is boring ass filler but its because its set during a boring ass time in the storyline. However I donno how you can't call all the Disney worlds in KH3 anything other than uninteresting filler.
    meh, I like the Disney stuff in 3, easily the best worlds in the series. But if you're not a fan of the Disney stuff I don't quite understand why you would want to play the game, to begin with.

Yeah, they have very little connection to the main story but news flash that has literally been every KH game ever, this is not an issue unique to 3 and I'm not sure why people act like it is.

But if you're not a fan of the Disney stuff I don't quite understand why you would want to play the game, to begin with.
    Again not what anyone is saying.

Yeah, they have very little connection to the main story but news flash that has literally been every KH game ever,
    This is objectively untrue starting with the literal first game in the series.

However I donno how you can't call all the Disney worlds in KH3 anything other than uninteresting filler.
    I mean, if you took away Tangled, Pirates, Olympus and BH6 from KH3 the game would be complete and utter trash so... Good filler to have I guess.

Again not what anyone is saying.

This is objectively untrue starting with the literal first game in the series.
    While the first game did the best job of integrating them into the main plot they are still mostly filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if Disney worlds were cut altogether, I would abandon the series.
    The plot itself without the worlds is a shitfest of titanic proportions with characters that are either incredibly relevant, or utterly useless. Also the already bloated character roster gets bloated to infinity because everyone and their dog has a nobody and a heartless to go with.

No Disney worlds would mean following the jolly adventures of a mumbling oversocializing idiot and his pals that make fun of him every now and then just so that we do not forget they are there, as he makes his way through the same person 13 times.

Before you ask, yes, I am still salty that KH3 is Mass Effect Andromeda quality with regard to the series as a whole, and that after 10 years of production or whatever they felt the need to throw in a paid dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Before you ask, yes, I am still salty that KH3 is Mass Effect Andromeda quality with regard to the series as a whole, and that after 10 years of production or whatever they felt the need to throw in a paid dlc.
    Game wasn't in Production for 10 years, It was in development for a bit over 3 years. Also its no different then the Final Mix version's of 1 & 2....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Honestly, if Disney worlds were cut altogether, I would abandon the series.
    The plot itself without the worlds is a shitfest of titanic proportions with characters that are either incredibly relevant, or utterly useless. Also the already bloated character roster gets bloated to infinity because everyone and their dog has a nobody and a heartless to go with.

No Disney worlds would mean following the jolly adventures of a mumbling oversocializing idiot and his pals that make fun of him every now and then just so that we do not forget they are there, as he makes his way through the same person 13 times.

Again I dont think anyone is saying remove the Disney worlds, not that they could even if people wanted. I like the Disney Worlds, I like seeing the designs and like how they imagine parts of those movies we didn't actually see (I liked Timeless River a lot for example), but just have them actually integrated with whats going on instead of become increasingly irrelevant up to being totally pointless in KH3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Game wasn't in Production for 10 years, It was in development for a bit over 3 years. Also its no different then the Final Mix version's of 1 & 2....
    Some form of KH3 had been in development since 2013. If you want to be exceedingly generous you can push it back to 2014 when we saw actual gameplay, but that was still probably done during 2013. Not 10, but certainly more than 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    10 is of course inaccurate, I think that's the time between 2 and 3, isn't it?
    Either way, 3 years is plenty to give a satisfying conclusion to a saga. They messed up badly on so many fronts that the game feels like it was done in 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Again I dont think anyone is saying remove the Disney worlds, not that they could even if people wanted. I like the Disney Worlds, I like seeing the designs and like how they imagine parts of those movies we didn't actually see (I liked Timeless River a lot for example), but just have them actually integrated with whats going on instead of become increasingly irrelevant up to being totally pointless in KH3.
    Agree 100%. Frozen and Caribbeans are the worst contenders in that. Frozen is just the plot of the movie apart from a few sketches (and of course the forced Sora presence). You don't even exchange a word with the bad guy, you just see him walking, then some time later he falls over, and bam boss fight. Heh.

Caribbeans is a valid attempt at giving players a semi-open world experience, but the plot literally develops somewhere else. While you are on he boat, cutscenes play about what is happening elsewhere. Then bam, boss fight.

It just screams lazy and uninspired to me.

Frozen was absolutely horrible and I was shocked that it was as bad and boring as it was, because I was so excited that Elsa would be in our party. She's set up to be a party member and be a Mage-like character and instead of actually doing anything interesting the plot happens off screen (Until sora and crew get to watch her sing let it go roflmao). I wanted Elsa in our party using ice magic so badly and instead we get stupid Snowball who is probably the most forgettable party member in the franchise.

I'll also shout out Monster's Inc with how terrible I thought it was. Just hallway after hallway running through boring factory setpieces instead of any other part of either of the movies' locations that we could have gone to. We could have seen the Himalayas or in the town or anywhere else besides JUST the factory. But at least Mike and Sully were WITH you the entire time.

I guess I differ with the popular opinion but I didn't mind Caribbeans. I liked the open world stuff and we did the plot in KH2 in a halfassed way that was unsatisfying. I'm not entirely sure it would have been better if we were doing the 2nd and 3rd movie's plots with Sora, Donald, and Goofy standing around or not haha. Just imagine the three of them standing around while the Pirate leaders are discussing stuff. I will say though that Jack being...whatever the hell he was and not actual Jack, was total nonsense and I don't know why that's what they did.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-21 at 06:18 PM.

Frozen was absolutely horrible and I was shocked that it was as bad and boring as it was, because I was so excited that Elsa would be in our party. She's set up to be a party member and be a Mage-like character and instead of actually doing anything interesting the plot happens off screen (Until sora and crew get to watch her sing let it go roflmao). I wanted Elsa in our party using ice magic so badly and instead we get stupid Snowball who is probably the most forgettable party member in the franchise.

I'll also shout out Monster's Inc with how terrible I thought it was. Just hallway after hallway running through boring factory setpieces instead of any other part of either of the movies' locations that we could have gone to. We could have seen the Himalayas or in the town or anywhere else besides JUST the factory. But at least Mike and Sully were WITH you the entire time.

I guess I differ with the popular opinion but I didn't mind Caribbeans. I liked the open world stuff and we did the plot in KH2 in a halfassed way that was unsatisfying. I'm not entirely sure it would have been better if we were doing the 2nd and 3rd movie's plots with Sora, Donald, and Goofy standing around or not haha. Just imagine the three of them standing around while the Pirate leaders are discussing stuff. I will say though that Jack being...whatever the hell he was and not actual Jack, was total nonsense and I don't know why that's what they did.
    A lot of people have speculated that Frozen was gutted because Elsa was going to be the villain. Then the movie was extremely popular and it got gutted because they couldn't make their golden money ticket evil.

Game theory has an interesting take on it describing exactly that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neau6ttz6Bk

Signature Created by Jassinta