You know, I've been playing FFIV again, and I think it is a shame that none of the Kingdom Hearts games that feature Final Fantasy characters include characters from past games (aside from Setzer, whom only appears in Data Twilight Town in KHII). Including both Cecil and Golbez (from the time that he was awakened) would be a good way to show the two sides to every coin paradigm that is the Light and Dark. Cecil being a Paladin of Light, Golbez being a Black Mage of the Darkness.

So I tried Dark Road a bit yesterday, and as I thought, I felt the card system to be total bunk. I guess I'll watch a story summary of it when the whole thing is out.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    So I tried Dark Road a bit yesterday, and as I thought, I felt the card system to be total bunk. I guess I'll watch a story summary of it when the whole thing is out.
    sums it up pretty well.

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory will release on Nov 13th (as previously rumored).

up to 8 player local MP.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in a rhythm game, so I'll just watch a lets play.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently someone at Square ordered some smooth jazz when they did the Dearly Beloved for Melody of Memory

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly that song is a bop. I might cop the game on sale if it continues the story of KH. I'm not a big rhythm game guy, but I'd much prefer that over Chain of Memories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Preordered for switch and ps4 cause man, im gonna have like 30 trillion hours on it

Final trailer (I think?):

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't think of anything more 'Kingdom Hearts' than putting new core story events in a rhythm game.

Well, with the acronym being MoM, you know it would have story elements.

Eh have no love for Kingdom hearts ever since Nomura stopped using final fantasy characters because "Kingdom hearts didnt need to rely on them" but is happy to bend over to disney using their characters and doing nothing interesting with them other than carbon copies of their respective movies. And I havent seen such a badly written story since marking year 5 creative writing classes.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Eh have no love for Kingdom hearts ever since Nomura stopped using final fantasy characters because "Kingdom hearts didnt need to rely on them" but is happy to bend over to disney. And I havent seen such a badly written story since marking year 5 creative writing classes.
    Disney has always been the core of Kingdom Hearts games while Final Fantasy characters have only ever served as a cameo at best. While I would have liked previously established FF characters to appear in KH3, I also understand that it had so many original characters already that adding in the cameo characters doesn't serve any real purpose beyond fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Disney has always been the core of Kingdom Hearts games while Final Fantasy characters have only ever served as a cameo at best. While I would have liked previously established FF characters to appear in KH3, I also understand that it had so many original characters already that adding in the cameo characters doesn't serve any real purpose beyond fan service.
    Yeah heavy forbid KH bow to Fan service. They would never do that.

If they are not gonna give me another Cloud or sephiroth battle arena can we at least get evil Elsa in frozen world.

They never do anything interesting with the characters they do use anyway. May as well use the cool characters
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah heavy forbid KH bow to Fan service. They would never do that.

If they are not gonna give me another Cloud or sephiroth battle arena can we at least get evil Elsa in frozen world.

They never do anything interesting with the characters they do use anyway. May as well use the cool characters
    Did it ever occur to you that Disney is the problem and not Square? I feel like people often forget KH is a Disney owned IP, and they ultimately have final say on what is allowed to be in the game or not. Especially with Disney expanding the IP beyond games now why would they want to continue to promote Square Enix owned characters in it?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-08-27 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that Disney is the problem and not Square? I feel like people often forget KH is a Disney owned IP, and they ultimately have final say on what is allowed to be in the game or not.
    Depends on what you're blaming on them. In terms of Final Fantasy stuff that's all on Square, they chose not to include those characters because they felt they weren't needed and while I agree with that sentiment I still would have liked to have them even if it was just pointless fanservice.

Disney only has the final say on what they are allowed to do with the Disney properties which is why the Frozen world ended up the way it did, Disney was to overprotective with that particular cash cow. Honestly the fact that they are allowed to do as much with Mickey as they do has got to be some kind of miracle.

Disney only has the final say on what they are allowed to do with the Disney properties
    Wrong, might what to check who owns KH again my friend. They own the entire thing short of the FF or TWEWY cameos. Sora is as much of a Disney character as Mickey is. Not sure why people think Square owns any portion of the IP outside of the cameos. https://comicbook.com/news/kingdom-h...y-at-d23-expo/

"A lot of people are confused about who exactly owns Kingdom Hearts, but it's Disney - it's developed in partnership with Square-Enix."
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-08-27 at 11:54 PM.

Wrong, might what to check who owns KH again my friend. They own the entire thing short of the FF or TWEWY cameos. Sora is as much of a Disney character as Mickey is. Not sure why people think Square owns any portion of the IP outside of the cameos. https://comicbook.com/news/kingdom-h...y-at-d23-expo/
    Just because they own it doesn't mean they dictate everything that actually ends up in the games. Sure they could but we only know that they say what can and can't be done with the Disney properties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Can't think of anything more 'Kingdom Hearts' than putting new core story events in a rhythm game.
    This should be a slogan
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    This should be a slogan
    Its like a Kojima game, the insanity is part of the appeal.

Just because they own it doesn't mean they dictate everything that actually ends up in the games. Sure they could but we only know that they say what can and can't be done with the Disney properties.
    Oh yea you're right Nomura decided to advertise Disney park rides on his own without Disney telling him to do it /s

Disney's control of KH becomes more and more obvious with each release as they have drifted it more and more to a marketing tool.

Oh yea you're right Nomura decided to advertise Disney park rides on his own without Disney telling him to do it /s

Disney's control of KH becomes more and more obvious with each release as they have drifted it more and more to a marketing tool.
    You're missing my point, just because something was left out of the game (in this case the FF characters) that doesn't necessarily mean its because Disney told Square to cut them.

Also, It's always been a marketing tool for Disney no idea what series you've been playing.