15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i think remind was good enough to give osaka another chance. I just hope they have a clearer vision for this and they dont lose a year of work from switching engines

People calling 3 garbage always makes me laugh. Were there disappointments? Sure a few. But the overall experience was great.

I liked KH3, it wasn't as good as KH2 but still quite enjoyable. The worst thing they have done is scrapping most of the Frozen world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People calling 3 garbage always makes me laugh. Were there disappointments? Sure a few. But the overall experience was great.
    Combat, level design, music, structure, post game and especially the story were all subpar

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I liked KH3, it wasn't as good as KH2 but still quite enjoyable. The worst thing they have done is scrapping most of the Frozen world.
    They did? Like what?

I can't wait to look forward to Kingdom Hearts 4, Kingdom Hearts Banana Rama on the PS4/5, Kingdom Hearts 4.1 on the PS6, Kingdom Hearts Random Words on Nintendo's next console, Kingdom Hearts 4: The Story so Far, Kingdom Hearts 4.3: We suckered you into another collection.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I have less than zero hope KH4 will be any better than the pile of garbage that was 3. All but ruined the franchise.
    kh3 didnt ruin the fanchise
    to own a gajillion consoles to know the whole story (and every game has like a complete different gameplay) ruined the franchise
    and yes the story is a mess imo
    and yet I still like the series

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They did? Like what?
    I think Square-Enix wanted to go for a unique direction for Arendelle, but Disney interference basically forced them to copy Frozen verbatim aside from a crappy maze plus falling down the mountain multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I think Square-Enix wanted to go for a unique direction for Arendelle, but Disney interference basically forced them to copy Frozen verbatim aside from a crappy maze plus falling down the mountain multiple times.
    They basically had a plan to make Elsa start to turn to a villian with her as the boss... production started before the movie...came out exploded and became Disney's cash cow and Disney didn't want your little sister traumatized fighting Elsa as a boss fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Still never actually beat KH3. Got to the end then kind of just lost interests.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Combat, level design, music, structure, post game and especially the story were all subpar
    Are we talking about games in general or are you comparing it to Kingdom Hearts 2? I think 3 has the second best combat in the series. Sure 2 is way better but I also think KH2 has one of the best combat systems in gaming period. KH3's combat is fun and flashy which is good enough considering I don't think we'll ever get a KH2 tier combat system again. I don't remember the level design being bad. I think it was perfectly fine. I don't think any of the Kingdom Hearts games have particularly memorable level design. The music was also really good. The Scala Ad Caelum theme is a slapper as are many of the other tracks. Post game was also fine, I feel like you're comparing it to a Final Mix version since most of the KH games don't have good post game by default.

I do think they did a poor job integrating the Disney worlds though, so I'm agreed on structure, but I think the story overall was good. Getting to see all of our favorites fight together was great.

I think people are too harsh on KH3 because it took so long to come out. It's a solid 8/10 game on a more objective level and I'd give it a 9 personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Still never actually beat KH3. Got to the end then kind of just lost interests.
    The end is like the best part lol. It's when things actually start happening in the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    kh3 didnt ruin the fanchise
    to own a gajillion consoles to know the whole story (and every game has like a complete different gameplay) ruined the franchise
    and yes the story is a mess imo
    and yet I still like the series
    This is the true problem with Kingdom Hearts. You have to play a bunch of games scattered on different platforms and some shitty mobile games. Obviously they rectified the different platforms problem, but it seems like they're still doing the shitty mobile game thing and I'm sure the game is going to actually be really important in KH5 or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

The end is like the best part lol. It's when things actually start happening in the story.
    I beat the Caribbean and then just didn't care to play anymore. Maybe I will download it this week and finish just to say that I did.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Are we talking about games in general or are you comparing it to Kingdom Hearts 2? I think 3 has the second best combat in the series. Sure 2 is way better but I also think KH2 has one of the best combat systems in gaming period. KH3's combat is fun and flashy which is good enough considering I don't think we'll ever get a KH2 tier combat system again. I don't remember the level design being bad. I think it was perfectly fine. I don't think any of the Kingdom Hearts games have particularly memorable level design. The music was also really good. The Scala Ad Caelum theme is a slapper as are many of the other tracks. Post game was also fine, I feel like you're comparing it to a Final Mix version since most of the KH games don't have good post game by default.

I do think they did a poor job integrating the Disney worlds though, so I'm agreed on structure, but I think the story overall was good. Getting to see all of our favorites fight together was great.

I think people are too harsh on KH3 because it took so long to come out. It's a solid 8/10 game on a more objective level and I'd give it a 9 personally.
    I'm talking about it as a stand alone game. The combat might be flashly, but it's not nearly as deep as it should be for being a sequel to kh2 and being on much better hardware. There are much better action games than it not just because of the combat itself, but the enemy designs. The bosses in the disney worlds are beyond atrocious with how big they are and how unfun they are to fight and goatnort is a giant cluster fuck of bad physics from the room changing too much. The only well designed fight in the game is dark inferno. Also magic was too op and level 1 challenge still uses chip damage because osaka keep forgetting to put scaling into any of their games

As for leveling design, they still have a lot of boring hallways with nothing in them. There's like no little nooks and crannies to explore and no world interaction like in kh1 where you can inspect stuff or light fires. Big hero 6 is big but there is literally nothing in it besides some chests. Pirates probably my favorite world despite the double gimmick of collecting crabs and the ship.

Too many reused tracks and a lot of the new ones aren't very good or just boring. Yes scala is good but dont forget in the base game it plays for literally 5 seconds and then never again. This is the only one I even listen to anymore

Post game is some boring battles and then a mid tier super boss that does not make up for the lack of sephiroth, any other super boss, mushrooms, hades cup, mini games and anything else I might have missed

Story is bad because it's a mess from not knowing what it wants to do, to straight asspulls and the common criticism of it all basically resolving in the last 3 hours because you did fuck all before then

Bad game that I don't want to play ever again. Limit cut fire tho 100% frfr no cap
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-04-11 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They did? Like what?
    Try this out:

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    basically resolving in the last 3 hours because you did fuck all before then
    Isn't this part in particular literally every KH game tho LMAO. I mean I guess 2 less so then the rest of the series but KH1 and most of the spinoffs are literally fucking around on disney worlds until all the plot it thrown at you right at the end. That's basically the core gameplay loop of the franchise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Isn't this part in particular literally every KH game tho LMAO. I mean I guess 2 less so then the rest of the series but KH1 and most of the spinoffs are literally fucking around on disney worlds until all the plot it thrown at you right at the end. That's basically the core gameplay loop of the franchise at this point.
    I think 2 was the worst about everything happening all at once near the end. but it is true most of the plot in kingdom hearts games is sprinkling of the actual plot here and there in the sea of Disney stories and then everything is wrapped up in the last world.

honestly as soon as I got a hang of the shot lock I thought it was a solid update to the combat, not an overhaul but refining things here and there while adding new elements to keep it new.

as for the level design it was Sanfran Tokyo that was the stand out in how lame it was. otherwise I thought the level design was great.

I really don't get the hate 3 receives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's an osaka thing specifically. In 2, you had a lot of interaction with org 13 and even had some fights where you even kill some of them and a decent amount of oc donutsteal cutscenes sprinkled throughout the the disney worlds while in the osaka games it's the exact same structure where it's story cutscenes that are are just org13 or riku and mickey talking to each other, go to world, beat world with sora/riku then org 13 comes and talks shit then fucks off, story cutscenes that are are just org13 or riku and mickey talking to each other, go to world, beat world with sora/riku then org 13 comes and talks shit then fucks off over and over.

Anyway, the plot of sora needs to find the power of awakening BUT WAIT HE HAD IT THIS WHOLE TIME DOH HO HO HO is retarded beyond belief. Like god I would have been fine with it if it at least was a physical mcguffin in the shape of a banana he found up rikus ass more than what we got
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-04-11 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I really don't get the hate 3 receives.
    3s hate mostly comes from a combination of the absolute OVERHYPE it got mixed with how lackluster vanilla 3 ended up. Re:Mind fixed a lot of the issues but by then the damage was already done.

You know, since Strelitzia is in KHIV it seems, will we see Lauriam in a non-villain role this time?

When I say non-villain, I mean as Lauriam not Marluxia like in CoM and III.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Try this out:
    Thank you, sounds all pretty plausible.