10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to have a large roaster again like in brawl. I know some characters were very similar, but they still had diff play styles.

Also Falco > Fox

Olimar being back isn't a huge surprise, I figured he would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Olimar being back isn't a huge surprise, I figured he would be.
    I always found him to be hard to play but I hope the balance him out more in SSB4. Honestly the whole game needs balancing, I wouldn't mind it taking over Melee competitively but I'm not sure it will honestly... It would need patching.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I always found him to be hard to play but I hope the balance him out more in SSB4. Honestly the whole game needs balancing, I wouldn't mind it taking over Melee competitively but I'm not sure it will honestly... It would need patching.
    I actually didn't know people still used melee for the main competitions, and with the Wii U patching is easier so I could easily see the Wii U SSB being the main competition. And I always found that Olimar was very difficult to play but awesome once you learned how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I actually didn't know people still used melee for the main competitions, and with the Wii U patching is easier so I could easily see the Wii U SSB being the main competition. And I always found that Olimar was very difficult to play but awesome once you learned how.
    Melee is a better game competitively when compared to Brawl. I honestly just prefer Melee as a whole over Brawl, it just feels better and well I'd rather play it with four friends than Brawl.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Melee is a better game competitively when compared to Brawl. I honestly just prefer Melee as a whole over Brawl, it just feels better and well I'd rather play it with four friends than Brawl.
    I only recently went back and played Melee again, i cant believe how much smoother combat plays out. I will never understand why they thought pratfalling in Brawl was even remotely neccessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I only recently went back and played Melee again, i cant believe how much smoother combat plays out. I will never understand why they thought pratfalling in Brawl was even remotely neccessary.
    I felt the same way after playing Brawl and then giving Melee a go. It was weird how much more I enjoyed Melee.
    Hey everyone

Any news on if its possible to completely play without motion controls and just use pro controller? If not i think SSBB will be my last SSB game ill purchase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Any news on if its possible to completely play without motion controls and just use pro controller? If not i think SSBB will be my last SSB game ill purchase.
    Considering Brawl allowed use of the Gamecube controller its pretty likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the creator has made it clear he didn't like the use of motion control in his game in the first place but Nintendo said to do so anyways but Brawl was actually designed completely around the Gamecube controller.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    that game will be the only reason for me to buy a WiiU ... well, apart from the new Zelda game and Mario Kart 8 ... but still, man

They will not be incorporating motion controls or touch screen, they said that I believe. The reason was they want you to be able to use any controller you want.

I feel the complete opposite, when playing Melee these days it feels like the engine can fall apart at any time, it just feels unstable and very abusable. I played Melee for 7 years, then Brawl came out and I never looked back.

Sakurai himself used Pro Controllers when recording the Developer Direct. One of his requirements for developing Brawl was also that the game should be focused around the Gamecube controller and not motion controls, even if they got to integrate both by the end of the day it certainly speaks of how important he finds the use of a proper controller for his game.

Also, seeing the talk about patching. Sakurai has spoken fondly of patching, he even planned patching Brawl after release to fix the online play and more, but the Wii's limitations hindered it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-07-21 at 10:54 AM.

Noticed people talking about a mysterious stage, thought to be a Donkey Kong themed one, or something like SSE. Noticed the art bared some similarities to Rayman Legends. Likely a coincidence but still, the sun light 'beams' are throughout Rayman Legends. If someone also posts on smashboards, and you think it's interesting enough to pass on feel free to post it there.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/07/the...-or-cutscenes/

So im pretty sad about this, i really enjoyed SSE up until the great maze.

Not a fan of the lack of story mode, and the reason to not have the cg videos is really fucking weak.

Not a fan of the lack of story mode, and the reason to not have the cg videos is really fucking weak.
    yeah but i mean only brawl ever had a story mode anyways, and they are adding something else.

the storymode sucked anyways it made no fucking sense
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/07/the...-or-cutscenes/

So im pretty sad about this, i really enjoyed SSE up until the great maze.
    Oh man is that reasoning weak. Spoilers are as old as any story telling media. Giving them as a reason to not do one is just bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really disappointed by this, I hope that at least means they are going to update the Adventure mode. While I always loved the series, the Subspace mode was what really made me excited for the game when it was announced. I loved the classic sidescroller adventure feel of it and the fact that it had co-op made it 100 times better, even thought it wasn't executed perfectly I also thought the idea of using the stickers to customize the characters was a great feature, I also dont get all the bitching and moaning about the Great Maze, I thought it was a great throw back to final stages of classic games.

There was so much they could have expanded on if they went back and tried to update the story mode. More secrets and hidden collectibles, multiple branching pathways, more action parts, bigger and better boss fights and now that it has been mentioned, possibly true character customization. I would have loved to have seen a true cross over story mode where the worlds are actually based off the series in the game (like Melee's Adventure mode) rather then a unique world with very minor references and themes. I also would have loved to have seen individual story modes based around each character/series. The whole time I was playing Subspace I couldn't help but feel how awesome it would be if they made a collection of sidecrollers based off the physics and game play of Smash Bros, but as individual games meant to act as a part of the other main series, like a new Wario Land, Super Mario Bros, 2D Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country and sidescroller Zelda (and now could also have a MegaMan one as well as maybe Sonic) that all use elements from their respective series, but play like Smash Bros.

Also how many people even watched the leaked cut scenes from Brawl when they were released? So what if a small handful of people want to spoil the game for themselves? I am sure the vast majority of people who purchased the game at launch had no idea they were even online to begin with and wouldn't have even wanted to watch them, not to mention everyone who purchased the game in the following years. I really hope in actuality this is some kind of sneaky way to let peoples hopes down and they actually will have a full blown story mode in the final product.

The game is better off without a Subspace-esque adventure mode. I like many else loved the cutscenes and interactions between the characters across their different universes, like Lucas and Pokémon Trainer forming some form of friendship, Ganondorf and Bowser uniting to take over the world, Diddy Kong just dragging Fox and Falco along the ride, and the hilarious Olimar and Captain Falcon duo. However, in reality the mode took way too many resources and development time to be worth it. Half of Brawl's in-game data size is filled by the SSE, the development time for it severely cut down the time Sakurai had to focus on balancing and most likely hindered further character inclusions, given that Sakurai has commented that he had to cut a lot of characters he had planned for Brawl. Yes, the adventure mode was great, but only for one time really, Smash Bros will first and foremost always be a multiplayer game, so there should never be wasted as much time on an adventure mode as there was.

That should be his real reasoning, I'm kind of baffled by his current explanation, it just took too much time and data size to be worth it and it does make me a bit itchy that he doesn't see that as the real problem. The Melee adventure mode sucked yeah and we'll likely get something akin to that again, but it'll probably be entertaining when playing multiplayer nonetheless.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-07-26 at 04:40 PM.